General Warriors looking to add experience to roster...

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Wellington
https://www.radiosport.co.nz/news/spleg/1354501326-warriors-looking-to-add-experience-for-2013
An admission from the Warriors that they may have taken the club development too far.
Languishing in 13th place on the NRL ladder and all but out of finals contention, the Warriors are doing plenty of soul-searching as they look back on the season.
CEO Wayne Scurrah admits they lacked experience with a number of senior players out injured.
"That's one of the learnings from the year is looking back and saying well, we bought seven players, three from the junior ranks, and we already had a reasonably young squad. Was that a big step?"
Scurrah says they are looking at their options to add experience ahead of the 2013 season.
So who is available?

Apparently we are targeting "young first graders".

Reactions: Spence

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Wellington
As others have suggested, Joel Monaghan would be perfect for us. He's 30, has played for Australia and origin, is a centre/wing utility back, has a sweet ranga head... and is currently off contract...

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
The likes of Maurice Blair, Anthony Quinn, Bryson Goodwin are still off-contract. Soward on the outer?
https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2012/by-position-2012/

Anyone from Super League an option?
https://www.zerotackle.com/super-league/rugby-league/player-movements/
i'd say someone like goodwin would be a decent pick up. thought he was playing well til he got injured this year. then again how much of his form was down to hasler????

he could also kick goals for us.

Dangerous

1st Grade Fringe
May 22, 2012
I'm glad they've come out & addmitted this. Its just one area of many that need to be addressed. The Jrs that are marked for first grade should be made to play Vulcans for a year or two. Wayne B a master at knowing when a player is or isn't ready. We just don't seem to have that balance at the mo.

Reactions: Up the guttz

drydenio

U20's Player
May 18, 2012
i saw joel reddy is playing NSW cup, always thought he'd be a good fit on the wing, gotta be better than tupou and provides cover for centre if we could get him on the cheap

Reactions: Jah

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Wellington
Centre, Winger, Prop, Fullback, Hardass 2nd Rower with an offload, are all areas which would be useful. If we could combine these traits into say 3 players, that'd be ideal in my opinion.

Reactions: eX | Machina

smc

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
I see Denan Kemp on that list, I thought he went to union.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
Funny thing is, these are institutional failings that have been building for a few years and hardly Blueys fault. Tate & Price were the last top notch imports we got.. Well Friend as well but you know what I mean.

Reactions: Hitman82

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Funny thing is, these are institutional failings that have been building for a few years and hardly Blueys fault. Tate & Price were the last top notch imports we got.. Well Friend as well but you know what I mean.
Mateo and Maloney?

I don't think this is instiutional failings that have been building year upon year. It is more that we only got Friend this year despite losing several experienced players and so far only have two sigings for next year with a lot more experience heading out the door again. One good outside back and one good 2nd rower and this problem would be sorted,.

Konrad Hurell

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 7, 2012
Guys on that list the look interesting in order of preference:

Crocker
Jono Wright
David Stagg
Nathan Stapleton
Mose Masoe.
Dominique Peyroux

But I think that list is pretty out of date and most, if not all of these players would have been resigned by now

nevergiveup

Waterboy
Jul 29, 2012
a cheap centre or wing who i think would be great for depth maybe Daniela from penrith idont why cleary dont play him ove Brad(chikenlegs)Tigh

ajofbrisbane

1st Grade Fringe
May 17, 2012
Brisbane, QLD
Throw $1mill a season at Bellamy for a 5 year deal....he will toughen the current crop up and attract the top 10% of players to the club through his association at club & NSW level...then we can build a marquee club....not 1 single player is going to fix the problem that we have...

Reactions: jsmooove

nevergiveup

Waterboy
Jul 29, 2012
imagine ellamy coming here, i dont think mateo will demand bigger coin then... imo what hes on now is enough maybe be more consistent then think about demanding

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
a cheap centre or wing who i think would be great for depth maybe Daniela from penrith idont why cleary dont play him ove Brad(chikenlegs)Tigh
Didn't he put 3 tries on us playing for the Tigers a year or two ago? Suprised he hasn't cemented a starting spot somewhere by now.