General Warriors Junior Program Reform

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
I can't believe the club would cut all junior teams, and the reserve grade side and expect us to develop players? They must of had another plan of sorts instead. Anyone know what they were thinking?
As I posted in the first post of this thread they were going to rely on Redcliffe and develop the rest in the Auckland Fox Memorial. The plan was to not only develop the players but develop the local footy scene.

Reality is it was a cost cutting exercise just like how they are gutting out the office and training staff...

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Good to see Gould making a mark, but I guess if the borders are still closed come gametime in 2021 how does the club deal with the SG/HM teams?

The concerning thing - or one of them, anyway - about all this is what sway do the Warriors have with the Dolphins? Given the nicknames, you'd say Warriors, but I guess CG didn't press the advantage on that point...

Essentially, what reasoning do the Dolphins have (money or is it just CG's winning smile?) to play any Warriors player over some No-Name-Chuck who's besties/drinking buddy with the Dolphins' massuese?

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Good to see Gould making a mark, but I guess if the borders are still closed come gametime in 2021 how does the club deal with the SG/HM teams?

The concerning thing - or one of them, anyway - about all this is what sway do the Warriors have with the Dolphins? Given the nicknames, you'd say Warriors, but I guess CG didn't press the advantage on that point...

Essentially, what reasoning do the Dolphins have (money or is it just CG's winning smile?) to play any Warriors player over some No-Name-Chuck who's besties/drinking buddy with the Dolphins' massuese?
Wouldn’t be money on Redcliffe’s behalf, they’re more cashed up than the Broncos. Perhaps it helps further their own push for a second team in Brisbane but that’s just speculation.

Kiwishark

U20's Player
Oct 7, 2020
2021 season won't go a head in Aus due to the boarders and the NSWRL needing to confirm teams for a February kick off, there is talk of a National u19 tournament early next year... the plan is to have 17's and 19s play in Aus 2022... This was told to the squad last night.

Bmac

NSW Cup Player
Mar 22, 2015
You can see the type of outside back that POS is going for. Its the prototypical Joseph Manu build. Asi, Leiatauia, Armstrong and Vaafusuaga were all playing the NZ U18 game the other day and are all are tall outside backs around 6'2, all of them still pretty slim however they're still very physical and have room to put size on later. POS obviously thinking into the future instead of just signing the first nuggety ball of muscle he can find like prior recruitment managers at this club.

Cannot wait to watch Francis Manuleleua in SG ball next year. Age wise he's the best prospect we have ever had signed to our club in my opinion.
I missed that on sky, is there anyway to see a replay?

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings