General Warriors Junior Program Reform

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2014
Not the Riki brothers?

I know Preston was courted by the Warriors but he was keen to join the Broncos. Watched him play Kiwis U18 and he was phenomenal. His workrate and effectiveness blew me away. Easily the player of the day.

Heard he went over to Brisbane as an invite to their training camp and was one of the fittest there. That was as a 17 year old.

Was pretty gutted when we couldn't sign...
I don't think so
The guy I worked with was a Faitala his boys both second rowers
Cas an I can't remember the other ones name .
I think they were Faitalas or they could have had their mum's name can't tell these days.
We chatted about them at smoko we worked in different departments
But both boys mentioned theme parks as a reason for wanting to go to Aus ..So I don't know if that's code for Aussie chicks an not upsetting
Mum an dad .But that was the reason.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I don't think so
I think they were Faitalas or they could have had their mum's name can't tell these days.
But both boys mentioned theme parks as a reason for wanting to go to Aus ..So I don't know if that's code for Aussie chicks an not upsetting
So its rainbows ends fault!

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I don't think so
They really need to fix the Pepsi motion marster!

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Cauis Faatili is currently the best player in the Canterbury club comp. He's Hornby's co-captain and pretty sure he doesn't turn 19 until later in the year.
I'm not sure on this but think he's only still in NZ because of Covid. He was being chased by Cowboys, Warriors, Broncos and at least one other NRL club. Thought he signed with Broncos but not 100% sure. As off the bench said Warriors were never an option from what I understand and that's despite his school teacher/school coach and rep coach being Andrew Auimatagi who is supposedly the Warriors scout in Christchurch.
Was arguably the best player in the NZRL comp last year but as we know most of the best players in the Fox doesn't play turn out for Akarana and Counties

Felix, pretty sure he's only 16, playing 18s for Hornby

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Cauis Faatili is currently the best player in the Canterbury club comp. He's Hornby's co-captain and pretty sure he doesn't turn 19 until later in the year.
I'm not sure on this but think he's only still in NZ because of Covid. He was being chased by Cowboys, Warriors, Broncos and at least one other NRL club. Thought he signed with Broncos but not 100% sure. As off the bench said Warriors were never an option from what I understand and that's despite his school teacher/school coach and rep coach being Andrew Auimatagi who is supposedly the Warriors scout in Christchurch.
Was arguably the best player in the NZRL comp last year but as we know most of the best players in the Fox doesn't play turn out for Akarana and Counties

Felix, pretty sure he's only 16, playing 18s for Hornby
Are the Fa'atili brothers any more likely to sign with us because of the lure of the Dolphins pathway? If they don't want to live in Auckland in the first place why would they opt for the Warriors junior system over the Broncs, even if it's in Redcliffe.

I like the Dolphins idea in theory, it could work for recruiting Aussies and giving a few local boys a taste of the Aussie lifestyle. The new plan appears to be 'the local game's fucked, let's just have an NRL squad and develop the next crop of prospects in Aussie to get them up to speed'. Could be a masterstroke, will be interesting to see if there's a marked improvement in skills of our rookies coming into the NRL ranks in a couple of years.

Last edited:

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I know he is not a favourite on here, but I was listening to Gus Gould about being offered a job with the NRL. He said one of his passions is player development and lamented the loss of the U20s. He mentioned that some clubs, we were mentioned had difficulties recruiting and the salary cap wasn't achieiving its aim.

especially interesting was about debuting young players, 18 at the moment and V'Landys wants it lowered to 17 for this Souths Kid. Gould disagreed saying he hadn't played against me and wants it raised to 21 citing Brad Fittler who he dropped to reserve grade to get some playing and attitude things right. Basically nothing lost if he was debuted at 21.

If the NYC started again it could greatly help us, Young guys could develop in Reserve grade or ESL.

Reactions: Off The Bench

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2014
I know he is not a favourite on here, but I was listening to Gus Gould about being offered a job with the NRL. He said one of his passions is player development and lamented the loss of the U20s. He mentioned that some clubs, we were mentioned had difficulties recruiting and the salary cap wasn't achieiving its aim.

especially interesting was about debuting young players, 18 at the moment and V'Landys wants it lowered to 17 for this Souths Kid. Gould disagreed saying he hadn't played against me and wants it raised to 21 citing Brad Fittler who he dropped to reserve grade to get some playing and attitude things right. Basically nothing lost if he was debuted at 21.

If the NYC started again it could greatly help us, Young guys could develop in Reserve grade or ESL.
A sister club in the ESL could be a goer .
If it was set up right something like the Autex house
But in London . .just an idea

Upcoming Match

Wests Tigers Sydney Cricket Ground Rate Match

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings