General Warriors Junior Program Reform

Kiwishark

Except Taumalolo is 6’3 and Maiuu isn’t. Agree that he’s a strong runner though, and physically more developed than everyone else in that U20 comp.

Put it this way, there’s no halves in the junior set up right now that are even close to the same junior pedigree as Chanel Harris-Tavita or Turner.
Cullen Gray is worth a shot... In the top future warriors squad at 16, heard he's done everything right over the off season (September 20 to Feb 21) has now gone back to the 1A like a number of others in the squad.

Five&Last

Five&Last

Cullen Gray is worth a shot... In the top future warriors squad at 16, heard he's done everything right over the off season (September 20 to Feb 21) has now gone back to the 1A like a number of others in the squad.
I stand corrected - we do have a talented halves prospect. Didn’t know he was in our junior set up. He killed it for grammar at his age last year. Glad to see we’re going after first fives in 1A and first XV comps instead of halves coming up through NZRL.

He’s quite a long way away though, same age as Francis Manulealua in our system who is probably a lot closer to first grade

Kiwishark

I stand corrected - we do have a talented halves prospect. Didn’t know he was in our junior set up. He killed it for grammar at his age last year. Glad to see we’re going after first fives in 1A and first XV comps instead of halves coming up through NZRL.

He’s quite a long way away though, same age as Francis Manulealua in our system who is probably a lot closer to first grade
He was brought in by Greg Boulous after the AGS v St Kent’s game last year. He’s really green but definitely a prospect moving forward. Him and Francis apparently hit it off over the off season and Gray just out worked everyone in every session! Those 2 could be more than handy in any junior team going forward.

Reactions: Penpal
Five&Last

Five&Last

He was brought in by Greg Boulous after the AGS v St Kent’s game last year. He’s really green but definitely a prospect moving forward. Him and Francis apparently hit it off over the off season and Gray just out worked everyone in every session! Those 2 could be more than handy in any junior team going forward.
Super excited about Francis, if he keeps up this trajectory he'll be playing first grade before he turns 20. Given Viliami Vailea has walked straight into QLD cup as a 18 year old straight out of school and even someone like Suaalii about to make his debut for the roosters at 17 years old in the coming weeks.

Cces

Cces

I had a brief bit of correspondence with someone close to Cullen Gray earlier today & we discussed why he's signed to go play Union down in Christchurch.
They said he was told by the trainers and coaches that he had made a great impression over summer. Greg Boulous was really keen on keeping him around and it sounded that way after Greg’s departure but as it went on Peter O’Sullivan wasn’t interested. Gray is from a League whanau and the Warriors would of been his first choice but for whatever reason it didn’t happen.
Sounds like a real shame that he's had to look elsewhere

Five&Last

Five&Last

I had a brief bit of correspondence with someone close to Cullen Gray earlier today & we discussed why he's signed to go play Union down in Christchurch.
They said he was told by the trainers and coaches that he had made a great impression over summer. Greg Boulous was really keen on keeping him around and it sounded that way after Greg’s departure but as it went on Peter O’Sullivan wasn’t interested. Gray is from a League whanau and the Warriors would of been his first choice but for whatever reason it didn’t happen.
Doesn’t he have abit of injury history? He’s a gun touch player tho.

Would rather develop him as a halves prospect over Sebastyan Jack.

In POS we trust I suppose.

Reactions: Tony Martin

Chchfanatic

Does anyone have any contacts for Cullen gray. Keen to talk to him about playing for my colts rugby team

Reactions: Five&Last

Kiwishark

Doesn’t he have abit of injury history? He’s a gun touch player tho.

Would rather develop him as a halves prospect over Sebastyan Jack.

In POS we trust I suppose.
broke his fibula in his u15 season but has been good since