General Warriors Junior Program Reform

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Warriors Junior Program Reform

Theres going to be a huge restructure next season. Sounds like the Warriors will have a house in Redcliffe where a handful of juniors will be based while the best of them will join our top 30. Other than that we will no longer have a junior system at the club with the Harold Matthews and Jersey Flegg teams wound down in favour of Redcliffe and Auckland Fox Memorial. A lot of the junior players that are signed up now will no longer be signed to the club.

That also means a lot of the training staff from those grades will lose their jobs and I'm hearing they are cutting the recruitment department to just Sully...

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
And yet we are keeping our woman's team; much cheaper I guess with fewer teams and shorter season. Starting to look like its about being apart of an Aussie system with our up and comers more than a financial one

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Warriors Junior Program Reform

Theres going to be a huge restructure next season. Sounds like the Warriors will have a house in Redcliffe where a handful of juniors will be based while the best of them will join our top 30. Other than that we will no longer have a junior system at the club with the Harold Matthews and Jersey Flegg teams wound down in favour of Redcliffe and Auckland Fox Memorial. A lot of the junior players that are signed up now will no longer be signed to the club.

That also means a lot of the training staff from those grades will lose their jobs and I'm hearing they are cutting the recruitment department to just Sully...
I feared as much. Fuck.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
So we're an NRL team and... that's it, not really a club anymore. Will we have a Fox team with signed players, or are they spread over the comp? Do any other NRL franchises operate like this? Sounds more like we're being set up to move to Brisbane long term.

Last edited:

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2014
That’s like saying ‘the old babysitter wasn’t that great, so tonight I’ll just leave the kids out on the road’
Crikey stone the crows that is
A bit drastic that analogy

Putting the good ones in the 30 is more like taking your favorite kids with you .

An leaving the shit ones on the road
We're not total animals

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
sully is the only recruitment guy that we've had that actually knows what he's looking at,and he's not biased..our other so called fkn talent scouts seem to think all the talented players came from sth auckiand ffs
No. Thats just what racist people like you think when in fact most players come from West Auckland. But I know what you mean. Too many Polynesians right...

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Apart from 2002 - 2003 , The best time I feel we've had is the period early in the u20s with the Warriors teams were dominating the comp - felt like we'd unearth quality players each year and were building well to something (we all know how it played out)...

I miss those days of feeling at least alittle bit of hope for the club.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings