General Warriors Judiciary and Match Review Committee

Draw and Pass

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 2, 2016
Jake T got off because Hughes wasn't elevated as high as Brown.

Maybe they should take a look at Alex McKinnon's tackle again because one tackle on the weekend resembled that very closely and it wasn't Luke's.

Maybe Mckinnon should be on the judiciary panel I think he would be objective and fair around grading etc

The reasoning they were giving was that in Luke's tackle the elbows were pointing skyward which is an indicator of a dangerous tackle which sounds like a load of shit tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: Citygirl and bruce

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
The game has to be safe and we should just ban lifting. It is completely banned up to and including under 15s in NZ. Furthermore as a referee you are supposed to call held once a players leg is lifted by the defender as this can become awkward and unsafe. So surely if both legs are lifted the referee must call held and thus not allow the defenders to dump you cheaply. FWIW if I was the judiciary Luke 3 weeks, Trbojevic and Cotric 6 weeks.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
The game has to be safe and we should just ban lifting. It is completely banned up to and including under 15s in NZ. Furthermore as a referee you are supposed to call held once a players leg is lifted by the defender as this can become awkward and unsafe. So surely if both legs are lifted the referee must call held and thus not allow the defenders to dump you cheaply. FWIW if I was the judiciary Luke 3 weeks, Trbojevic and Cotric 6 weeks.

I completely agree with that. Ban it altogether if that is what is necessary.
The problem at the moment is that it is open to the interpretation and bias of the judiciary. Identical tackles can get completely different sanctions. Remove that from the game and it can only be a positive thing in my opinion.

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 23, 2016
At the end of the day the judgement on Luke was fair and logical.

A Warriors player driving another player into the turf is a much more serious offence than a Manly player doing the same thing.

Fair enough. That's what I suspected.

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2016
At the end of the day the judgement on Luke was fair and logical.

A Warriors player driving another player into the turf is a much more serious offence than a Manly player doing the same thing.

Fair enough. That's what I suspected.
Haha I can only laugh, cause it still hurts after the weekend

Reactions: bruce and gpred

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Haha I can only laugh, cause it still hurts after the weekend

I like to look at the bigger picture..

We get ‘the badge’ this weekend who was dumped after our knights game but ‘will do’ vs the raiders, and
this week 4 more officials were dropped after the Eels Game and they still don’t get it! 😜

Gees I miss Bill Harrigan - the only good ref in the nrl..

#BringBackBill

Last edited:

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
If were due for the rub of the green then at best it will be fairly reffed game.

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 23, 2016
I like to look at the bigger picture..

We get ‘the badge’ this weekend who was dumped after our knights game but ‘will do’ vs the raiders, and
this week 4 more officials were dropped after the Eels Game and they still don’t get it! 😜

Gees I miss Bill Harrigan - the only good ref in the nrl..

#BringBackBill

Would be much better if it was in a game we had a good chance of winning. Badger can probably safely referee this one fairly without a chance of us getting the result. Perfect result for the NRL.

Everybody wins. Oh wait, except for us. What's new.

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Would be much better if it was in a game we had a good chance of winning. Badger can probably safely referee this one fairly without a chance of us getting the result. Perfect result for the NRL.

Everybody wins. Oh wait, except for us. What's new.

Very true, a ref on best behaviour and us against a gun team setting us up for - “well they can’t blame the ref for that result?”

Important we don’t drop the ball on this one (Burr, you listening? 😜)

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
If were due for the rub of the green then at best it will be fairly reffed game.
why? what makes you assume that? Have all the apologies from the NRL confused you about how they treat the warriors? Don't get me wrong, I like the Badge I think he is a fairly fair ref, but since the days when the refs began training in the week ahead with what they expect to happen instead of just dealing with what is actually happening in front of them at the game, then IMO, the mistakes have gotten worse.

This started in the days of the Manu butterfingers, where all players knew they could have a go at the ball, because Manu butterfingers would be done for a drop 9 times out of 10. Then when constant replays proved the refs were getting it consistently wrong, 9 out of 10 calls would go in his favour. This was when they admitted they trained to look at individuals that were known offenders so they could ping them in a game. BTW if this was true how did Gallen get away with so much so often? What about Cam Smith? Guess that training only is for certain teams, where their results dont really matter.

All I have ever asked for is for them to rule on the game that is played in front of them without Bias. You know like the definition of an unbiased referee. Pity this year has shown that this is not possible.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings