Knights - 4
Titans - 3
Tigers - 3
Sharks - 3
Broncos - 2
Bulldogs - 2
Raiders 1
Dragons - 1

Why is it when I look at anything in the NRL where there could be biased against us the stats always back it up

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
NRL has declared war on late hits, which is not good news for Blair fighting his charge.
I just wish they were forced to review these in real time, and not use slow mo replays. I saw it as less than a second between passing and the hit. According to the driver code and the following to close rules, that is not enough time to change your actions before a crash. Can't see why this is any different, these guys have good reflexes but they arent formula one drivers.

Also when do they start to review how they are going to call a dropped ball. Sick of every dropped ball being called a knock on.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Any attacking player that faces backwards when entering a tackle should not be allowed to claim a crusher tackle penalty...
You dinosaur ;) ;)
I just wish they were forced to review these in real time, and not use slow mo replays.
They are unfair, and I am sure some refs would have let it go with a penalty. However Blair is a senior, and experienced player. He knew exactly what he was doing. Some young guy could have used that excuse, but not him.

Reaction score
Coops

Coops

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So with a few minutes left, camped in our 20, titans struggling to score but defence getting tired. A tackle that was fine and now proven to be fine is not only penalised and put on report but also a sendoff?!!! If this doesn’t reek of favouritism by ref I don’t know what does. What happens to the ref in cases like this, should be moved to reserve grade.

Reaction score

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Also when do they start to review how they are going to call a dropped ball. Sick of every dropped ball being called a knock on.
The rules on this are crystal clear:

If the ball is dropped by a player, regardless of its direction of travel, if that player is wearing a Warriors jersey, it is deemed to be a knock-on and the opposing team get the scrum feed. Otherwise, the direction of the ball’s travel is taken into account.

Reaction score
Diesel

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So with a few minutes left, camped in our 20, titans struggling to score but defence getting tired. A tackle that was fine and now proven to be fine is not only penalised and put on report but also a sendoff?!!! If this doesn’t reek of favouritism by ref I don’t know what does. What happens to the ref in cases like this, should be moved to reserve grade.
Put them on match payments and lower tier payments for lesser grades

Reaction score
Dixpat

Dixpat

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The rules on this are crystal clear:

If the ball is dropped by a player, regardless of its direction of travel, if that player is wearing a Warriors jersey, it is deemed to be a knock-on and the opposing team get the scrum feed. Otherwise, the direction of the ball’s travel is taken into account.
and if a Warriors player carrying the ball is stripped of the ball in a tackle that constitutes a loose carry however if an opponent looses the ball when tackled by a Warrior that is deemed to be a 2 man strip and the Warriors are correctly penalised!

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I always thought if a player was binned during a game that it was essentially dealt with. Seems odd that a player is doubly penalised if they receive a suspension also whereas some incidents that are put on report are worse

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So confused with this Blair ruling. If it wasn't sufficiently dealt with on the field with a send of and it merited being put on report the ref in his mind has decided it is pretty much the highest degree of foul play. Yet the judiciary finds it perfectly legal? Surely the Warriors deserve an apology at worst and a demotion of the ref at least.

Reaction score
Coops

Coops

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So confused with this Blair ruling. If it wasn't sufficiently dealt with on the field with a send of and it merited being put on report the ref in his mind has decided it is pretty much the highest degree of foul play. Yet the judiciary finds it perfectly legal? Surely the Warriors deserve an apology at worst and a demotion of the ref at least.
Agree. The gap between the ‘non offence’ and the action taken by the ref on the field needs to be looked at. That could have been a season ender for us. It’s becoming too obvious that the officials play favourites. NRL going to have to ask them to be more sneaky 😡

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The judiciary didnt find the late tackle perfectly legal, they just cleared that there was no dangerous contact in the late tackle....but its a late shot ( which is about the only impact Blair can make on a game these days) every day of the week and rightfully penalized imo.

Given the NRL gave referee's sin bin powers halfway through last season and an edict to crack down on "dog shots" on playmakers i dont even have a problem with the binning. What i do have a problem with (as usual) is the inconsistency in which referees apply it (we'll see the same hit go unpunished next round).

Honestly tho it cracks me up. Wasnt that long ago this forum used to call for Blair's head (who's been a serial dog shot offender his whole career) when he was wearing other colours for exactly the same sort of things......laugh how he's now the poor picked on choirboy. ;)

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
I always thought if a player was binned during a game that it was essentially dealt with. Seems odd that a player is doubly penalised if they receive a suspension also whereas some incidents that are put on report are worse
Yes. Only in extreme cases is a player further suspended.

That being said Adam Blair was found not guilty so...

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yes. Only in extreme cases is a player further suspended.

That being said Adam Blair was found not guilty so...
Only found not guilty because we challenged it. It was reviewed and he was charged.

Top Bottom