General Warriors ISP NSW Cup 2019

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
If Turner is our future 7, why is he playing all of his games at 1? I get that the positions are similar in the modern age, and there is a propensity to nurse players in, It just feels a bit strange to me.

And Rhyse Martin was immense last year. Strange not to see him in the extended 22 in a pretty weak Dogs side despite their forward depth.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
If Turner is our future 7, why is he playing all of his games at 1? I get that the positions are similar in the modern age, and there is a propensity to nurse players in, It just feels a bit strange to me.
Pretty standard to nurse kids who may not be physically ready to defend in the line through at fullback. Also a little less pressure...

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Pretty standard to nurse kids who may not be physically ready to defend in the line through at fullback. Also a little less pressure...

I get that, and obviously trust the management around him.

I guess I'd like to see him in the halves on attack. If kicking is his biggest work on, he is not going to have as much chance to hone that at fullback. I guess I'm just a bit jaded by the Lolohea type interference that prevented him from having time to settle into a demanding position over the length of time needed to cope in FG. Our aussie counterparts are in those positions from a very early age in much tougher environments than the guys here as they grow up.

Winning in ISP doesn't matter, but injury and confidence does, so I guess it is a hard balance to get right.

Swanny

I don't expect him to be out for long. The 4 or 5 trainings I have watched this preseason he has been getting stuck in. He impressed me the most in the last one I watched on Tuesday. Doesn't hold back from trying to belt people where as everyone else looks they are saving a little bit back...

Any ideas on why he fell down the pecking order? I know last season was almost a write off because of injury but even on his comeback he was regularly 18th man. This season however he finds himself out of the extended bench and not in genuine consideration throughout the trials

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Any ideas on why he fell down the pecking order? I know last season was almost a write off because of injury but even on his comeback he was regularly 18th man. This season however he finds himself out of the extended bench and not in genuine consideration throughout the trials
No idea mate. I'll ask around when I get a chance...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
ROUND 1

Reactions: Hazman
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

I left at home at halftime in this one to go to the game, didn't realise we'd come back so much in the second half.

Fazz

Fazz

I don't expect him to be out for long. The 4 or 5 trainings I have watched this preseason he has been getting stuck in. He impressed me the most in the last one I watched on Tuesday. Doesn't hold back from trying to belt people where as everyone else looks they are saving a little bit back...

I'm guessing the coaching staff are aware that we wasn't anywhere near his best after that busted ankle last year and are giving him time to find fitness / form / confidence

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
That's some side on paper. Hope they perform a bit better than last weekend. Still not sold with Perham at stand off. The backline looks good though and a strong pack, will be keen to see Milne in action.

A thrashing today, unfortunately games not won on paper. Maybe the depth not as strong as we would have hoped for ... still early days though.

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Contributor
Anyone got a result for this weeks game?

Don't panic, I see it was an 18-18 draw. Better than last week then

Last edited:
jsmooove

jsmooove

Better yes, but led by 8 with less than 10 to go and couldn't close it out. Scored 4 tries to 3 but 1/4 conversions.
they had no possession in the second half. there was one part of the game blacktown had 5 sets of 6 on the warriors line and they defended it well. tries came from back to back penalties. being at the ground hard to say if the penalties were warrented. old mate ref was very happy to blow the whistle though

Swanny

they had no possession in the second half. there was one part of the game blacktown had 5 sets of 6 on the warriors line and they defended it well. tries came from back to back penalties. being at the ground hard to say if the penalties were warrented. old mate ref was very happy to blow the whistle though

Anyone who stood out and you think could come into contention for first grade?

jsmooove

jsmooove

Anyone who stood out and you think could come into contention for first grade?
Sao - was huge. big runs hard hits. looked to be in everything. Some dumb errors when he tried to create something on attack
Ashyford - really solid in the second row. Made all his tackles covered well in defence. His hit ups..... well usual stuff
Pulu- was awesome for about 65 odd minutes then but started to fade a little towards the end of the game
sam cook - had a brilliant first 30 minutes. but went unnoticed after that
all 4 played 80 minites

guys who were good but need work or may just not be ready for one reason or another
Patrick herbert - ran hard and hit hard and has same damn good footwork.
Perhem - the kid has some very serious skill. looked dangerous every time he had the ball in hand.
Satae- had some good runs but his hands let him down with mistakes
Preston Riki (i think its him) - he is a big tall fella. if he puts some muscle on he could be anything
Tom Ale - i know some have huge wraps on him - i saw him do two huge runs and seem to come off with a head knock maybe?

other interesting note was we were sitting in the stands with jersey flegg boys around us. alot of them seem to be into the match and analyzing it. some were just on their phones non stop and head phones on. my old man was talking to one of the younger fellas (wish we got his name) seemed like a real level headed nice young guy. was just great to see