Injury Warriors Injury Thread 2020

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Halves: Nikorima, Turner, Hiku, Lawton, Harris
Assuming CHT and AK are injured.

May have to buy a half next year.

I reckon you always need a cover for Niko. He’s one speedbump away from missing time.

You might as well throw RTS or Jazz in there if you’re thinking Lawton and Hiku make decent halves.. Harris is a problem if you take him out of the forwards and replace him with.... Blair?...

Not seen turner play before. Given it’s the doggies and he’s probably marking an old timer in Foran maybe that could work... or maybe he’ll get schooled...

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
I reckon you always need a cover for Niko. He’s one speedbump away from missing time.

You might as well throw RTS or Jazz in there if you’re thinking Lawton and Hiku make decent halves.. Harris is a problem if you take him out of the forwards and replace him with.... Blair?...

Not seen turner play before. Given it’s the doggies and he’s probably marking an old timer in Foran maybe that could work... or maybe he’ll get schooled...
Hiku has played 6 plenty and done well.
Turner is fleet of foot & could very well be the fastest on paddock for us this weekend.
Be interesting, As both him & Kodi are running halves. Turner can cover 9/7/6/1.
Reminds me a bit of Gene Ngamu how he plays. Hope we get to see him play.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
one of the articles i saw said that AK was sent straight to hospital after his collision with CHT. Any word on him at all. I have always rated the guy and i saw that TP is saying that hes most likely in the team for next year, but is he even going to get on the pitch this year?

Reactions: Fazz and jonesy101

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
one of the articles i saw said that AK was sent straight to hospital after his collision with CHT. Any word on him at all. I have always rated the guy and i saw that TP is saying that hes most likely in the team for next year, but is he even going to get on the pitch this year?

Saw somewhere AK had a CT scan which came out good. Concussion protocols from here I guess.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
man hope he is up and about soon. last place anyone wants to be right now in hospital.

also anyone else note that his nose looks bent with all that swelling

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
This really is the year of the injury.

All sides have multiple players out and some like Manly, Broncos, etc have had their competitiveness shattered with key players out. Teams like the Raiders, knights, etc have been up and down with their form mirroring injuries to key players.

The speed and fatigue is good for fans but its unsustainable the amount of damage were getting.

In a 30 man squad:
Broncos - 12 players out injured
Raiders - 9
Manly - 7 including key players
Melbourne - 13
Knights - 9
Souths - 9
Roosters - 10
Warriors - 9 plus returnees

Games are decided by whose got the most first choice talent available on the day. The lower teams with less depth are even more exposed.

This years top 4 include the Eels (1 injury) and Panthers (5 injuries, no long term or star) and the Storm and Roosters who probably have the most depth to call on. Our competition has been shaped by the injury crisis this year.

Last edited:

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
Anyone know what the latest is on Roache? NRL Casualty Ward initially had him returning around round 14, but keeps pushing it back each week.

Granted, he's likely not going to get any time unless there are injuries, but would be nice to see him back on the park in our colours.

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
This really is the year of the injury.

All sides have multiple players out and some like Manly, Broncos, etc have had their competitiveness shattered with key players out. Teams like the Raiders, knights, etc have been up and down with their form mirroring injuries to key players.

The speed and fatigue is good for fans but its unsustainable the amount of damage were getting.

In a 30 man squad:
Broncos - 12 players out injured
Raiders - 9
Manly - 7 including key players
Melbourne - 13
Knights - 9
Souths - 9
Roosters - 10
Warriors - 9 plus returnees

Games are decided by whose got the most first choice talent available on the day. The lower teams with less depth are even more exposed.

This years top 4 include the Eels (1 injury) and Panthers (5 injuries, no long term or star) and the Storm and Roosters who probably have the most depth to call on. Our competition has been shaped by the injury crisis this year.
Tremendous post and hope everyone reads it.

I read a similar article that basically claimed each teams season in whatever sport comes down to how lucky they get with injuries.
When your star player gets injured in game 5 of the season the coach and supporters put a brave face on it and declare that so and so will step up and the team will continue as before. But that very rarely transpires.

There are some takeaways though - this comment I found compelling from your post "Games are decided by whose got the most first choice talent available on the day."

Which is why we need to adjust our recruitment strategy for our final few depth / injury cover positions. Rather than go for four young N00bs who don't cost much like Curran/King/Frei/Keighran...consider instead going for one or two quite good dudes and then only two N00bs.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings