Injury Warriors Injury Thread 2020

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
At the end of the day it's just stats.

Against Canberra he had 10 runs and 123m, the Knights 15 runs for 115m. One was played in atrocious conditions and the other against probably the best defensive side in the comp right now.

We only need to replace 26 runs and 280 if the game/possession flows exactly the way it did against the Dragons, but the Panthers aren't as shit so I wouldn't expect it.

Last year Maumalo averaged something like 180m a game, Pompey is good for half that. If the forwards can't step up for an extra 90m then we probably weren't winning anyway.

The problem is that Pompey brings nothing extra to the table so it's a definite downgrade. Just not as much as a single outlier of a game suggests.

Not really a single outlier of a game when he was in the top 3 last year for metres gained and post contact metres. Post contact metres and play the ball speed are not something easy to replicate

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Not really a single outlier of a game when he was in the top 3 last year for metres gained and post contact metres. Post contact metres and play the ball speed are not something easy to replicate

TBH I'd rather not try to replicate it, it's the result of a shit game plan. We just don't have the players to do anything different.

Our wing and fullback are in the middle of the field carting it up 40-50 times a game, sometimes twice a set. And people wonder why we never try to attack on early tackles or inside our own half.

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
Have we ever had this many lower limb injuries? That's not even taking into consideration the three season-ending knee injuries we had! Are they filling their boots with concrete or something? I guess that'd explain the lack of speed...

Reactions: Worried2Death

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
  • Sad
Reactions: Akkerz

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating