Injury Warriors Injury Thread 2018

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Assistant Ballboy Contributor

RTS has his elbow wrapped in ice after the game, hopefully not too bad

2. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

Just some speculation on the injury front for what it is worth

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

"Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck departed with 10 minutes remaining after aggravating an elbow injury, but the inspirational fullback is expected to be fit to play next Saturday's double-header clash against North Queensland at Mt Smart Stadium.

Johnson's injury is not considered serious and he along with prop James Gavet, who also missed the match with a hamstring strain, are both a chance to return as they hunt a fifth-straight win.

Veteran forward Simon Mannering is also on track to play his first game of the season after suffering a shoulder injury in the Warriors final pre-season trial against the Titans five weeks ago."

3. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

whats up with Papali'i?

4. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

Medial I think, due back round 8

5. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

He was injured in Round One and expected to be out for 4-6 weeks. That would probably take him to round 7.

There were also photos of him that came out and they had totally immobilised the knee. I would say round 7 would be the best case scenario.

6. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

Cheers boys. Well at least we have cover. Dont rush him back, we'll need him down the home stretch

7. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

Some scuttlebutt on the Interweb that Beale could be back quite soon or at least available for selection. In a best case scenario he could be named in Round 5. I would personally suspect he may be two - three weeks away, who knows though. Either way it will be sooner than the originally forecast round 8.

Sorry if this has already been posted but this article reports that he has been running and on the training field for the past four weeks.

8. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

"Bench front rower Sam Lisone will be back after serving a one-game suspension, and veteran forward Simon Mannering is on course to return from a shoulder injury.

"[Mannering] will have to get through a full week's training but at the moment, that's what we're looking at," Kearney said."

At least no talk of him having retired.

9. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Appreciate all the updates. Was really hard any news from the club last year so nice to be informed.

Great to see Mannering on the up. Was really worried we had seen the last of him...

10. Navigator
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Navigator 1st Grade Fringe

This is awesome news not just for first grade but isp as well.
    To be able to have the caliber of players able to play isp.
    Unreal

11. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

Quite a bit of news in this article

1) SJ is likely back this week
    2) Beale, contrary to my last report, is expected back approx round 9.
    "Kearney also confirmed outside back utility Gerard Beale is still a month away from playing as he continues his recovery from a double leg fracture, while front-rower James Gavet is expected to miss a couple more weeks with a hamstring injury."
    3) There is a chance Mannering may not only play, but may be in the starting 13.
    "
    The side's former captain has been named on the bench and coach Stephen Kearney was remaining coy as to whether he would be injected into the starting line-up.

"[Mannering's] the club's most decorated player so I anticipate that he'll jump into the starting role, whether that's this week or not you'll have to come on Saturday," he said.

"He's a tough cookie. Simon lives for these situations so I don't anticipate it being an issue."

12. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

13. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Agree, be nice to see him in a team of tryers for a change.

14. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    CLUB NEWS

[Injury update] Several players set to return this week
    Author Richard Becht & Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Fri 6 Apr 2018, 12:18 PM
    Simon Mannering is one of a number of players set to return from injury for the Vodafone Warriors this weekend.

The 31-year-old has been side-lined since picking up a shoulder injury in the club’s second and final NRL trial against Gold Coast on February 24.

He has recovered to earn selection on the Vodafone Warriors’ extended bench for tomorrow’s SKYCITY Auckland Double Header clash with North Queensland at Mount Smart Stadium (7.30pm kick-off).

He’s joined by halfback Shaun Johnson who missed the match against the Sydney Roosters with a groin issue but has been named to take on the Cowboys.

Two others off the injury list are hooker Karl Lawton and second rower King Vuniyayawa who have been named for the club’s Intrust Super Premiership encounter with Western Suburbs in Sydney tomorrow (12.45pm kick-off local time, 2.45pm NZT).

While Mannering, Johnson, Lawton and Vuniyayawa are poised to return to action, prop James Gavet (hamstring) is scheduled to be available again for the eighth round.

INJURY LIST

Gerard Beale | Leg | Round 9

James Gavet | Hamstring | Round 8

Junior Pauga | Knee | Mid-season

Isaiah Papalii | Knee | Round 6-8

Nathaniel Roache | Back | Season

15. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

What’s up with Blake Ayshford? Was originally on the injury list due back around round 3.. was named for ISP this week but didn’t travel and isnt on the injury list..

Is he on the outer?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  16. wrighty
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2018

wrighty 1st Grade Fringe

"Meanwhile, former captain Simon Mannering was happy to come through his first appearance of the season unscathed after making his return from a shoulder injury.

The 31-year-old made his 281st outing off the bench and got through almost an hour, making nine runs and 20 tackles in a typically industrious display.

"Usually I get sore a couple of days later and I'm sure I will be after that, but it was a great occasion to be a part of," Mannering said.

"The injury was good. I didn't even really notice it to be honest.""

17. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

saw him on the back field doing some drills with a few of the other boys ( that i cant name sorry )

must be getting some strength back in the knee

18. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

Was good to see him run out at the warmup and know he was definitely playing.

There were too many people at the stadium clogging up the cellphone coverage, so I couldn't check the final lineup!

19. t-wade23
    Join:
    Jun 7, 2012

t-wade23 1st Grade Fringe

Yeap saw that as well looked like Beale,Papalii and Junior Pauga(could be wrong but it looked like him)

20. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

Ash had problems with back spasms in the pre season. He missed the first 3 weeks from memory, played in our win last week and was solid on the right edge. No formal statement, but at a guess he missed the thrashing on the weekend due to those back spasms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.