General Warriors fun draft from 1995 onwards

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Its kind of depressing looking at these teams, Of all the ones I have seen so far I see some great players then a batch of players in each team that make me think 'that teams not winning anything with those guys in it'

Haha comes down to simple maths man. 7 teams of 13, that's 109 players.....that's a big ask that we've produced 109 top tier players. Just look at the halves, we've probably had only 3 that maybe qualify....we were all struggling once they got snapped up. ;)

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
I should get you doing my team write up. A few of these teams are trying to emulate the Warrior ball style. Cronulla was the perfect game model for how I want them to play!

Well thats just it i guess. We all romantacize about those years when we could actually play Warrior ball. Their the years that resonate for me. Tbh the "overall career performance" edict went out the window pretty early on for me and i just went for the players that i liked to watch (well...out of the ones that we're still available anyway.)

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
4. Joel Moon

Coach Matthew Elliot

Reactions: Defence

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Boat n Hoes has my back 3 vote.
Tajhay has the front row for the first 20 to just put the lights out of any other pack on attack then there are Ryno's or my boys to back that ass up??????.

Last edited:

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
12. Tyran Smith (always thought it was Tyrone)

Hard as nut 2nd rower, always ran good lines.

Coach..... Steve Kearney

Only World Cup winning coach, and could you name any coach in Warriors history that could coach us 2 an average of 3 points a game in a season.
Now when you think about it, you really have to be a remarkable coach to coach us to 6 points in two games.

Steve Kearney = Remarkable coach

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012

Coach..... Steve Kearney

Only World Cup winning coach, and could you name any coach in Warriors history that could coach us 2 an average of 3 points a game in a season.
Now when you think about it, you really have to be a remarkable coach to coach us to 6 points in two games.

Hard nut.

Reactions: Defence

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012

Coach..... Steve Kearney

Better record than Tony Kemp brother.

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Better record than Tony Kemp brother.
NRL careerwise it's the same. Expect one of these coaches has fucked up two NRL clubs rather than just one.

• Love
Reactions: Weno

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Last pick, I needed a better goal kicker and I so thought Weno was going to choose him.

He didn't play too many games with the Warriors unfortunately but was one of the most prolific goal scorers in Super League History, was an All Black and New Zealand Kiwi representative, liked to run at the line, could pass, kick goals from everywhere on the park and set up his outside men. Frano Botica

Coach pick, well fuck me.
All the ones remaining had a below 37% winning percentage. So I thought I would go with someone that would inspire the team, and then the players can come up with their own tactics and strategies on the field. Mark Graham.

1. McKinnon
2. Nicoll-Klokstad
3. Laumape
4. K. Iro
5. Fusitua
6. Botica (gk)
7. Jones
8. Packer
9. Luke
10. Price (c)
11. Lillyman
12. Harris
13. Ah Mau

Coach: Mark Graham

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
And we are done! Awesome draft guys!

RynoPullin TeethTajhayWenoBoatsnHoesWarriors55Wizards Rage
1Wade McKinnonKevin LockeRoger Tuivasa-SheckPhill BlakeBrent Webb (gk)Ivan Cleary (gk)Matthew Ridge
2Charnze Nicoll-KlokstadLee OudenrynSean HoppeJohn CarlawFrancis MeliHenry Fa'afiliKevin Maumalo
3Ngani LaumapeBrent TateDean Bell (c)Konrad HurrellClinton ToopiPeta HikuNigel Vagana
4Kevin IroPaul WhatuiraJoel MoonSonny FaiLewis BrownJerome RopatiTea Ropati
5David FusituaRichie BlackmoreShontayne HapeTodd ByrneManu VatuveiKrisnan InuGlen Fishiashi
6Frano Botica (gk)James Maloney (gk)Lance HohaiaShaun BerriganSam TomkinsChad TownsendMichael Witt (gk)
7Stacey JonesJohn SimonShaun Johnson (gk)Greg Alexander (gk)Nathan FienKieran ForanGene Ngamu
8Russel PackerRichard VillasanteJoe VaganaSam Rapira (c)Jerry Seuseu (c)Ruben Wiki (c)Quintin Pongia
9Isaac LukeNathan FriendThomas LeuluaiRobbie MearsMotu TonyPJ MarshMonty Betham
10Steve Price (c)Sio Siua TaukeiahoHitri OkeseneIafeta PaleaaesinaMark TookeyAndy PlattAdam Blair
11Jacob LillymanTyran SmithDennis BettsWairangi KoopuAli Lauiti'itiJoe GalavaoMichael Luck
12Tohu HarrisFeleti MateoRyan HoffmanSione FaumuinaBen MatulinoAwen GuttenbeilStephen Kearney
13Leeson Ah MauSimon Mannering (c)Jazz TevagaJason DeathLogan SwanBen HenryKevin Campion (c)
CoachMark GrahamStephen KearneyMathew ElliotAndrew McFaddenIvan ClearyJohn MonieDaniel Anderson

Last edited:
Reactions: warriors55

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Just an idea, but you could instead of voting for the team you like, do a playoff style competition and ask people to vote for the team they think would win the match up. Managers could then do a write up before their game to talk about how they would beat their respective opponent.

For Example:

1st Round
a) Rynonz vs PullinTeeth
b) Tajhay vs Weno
c) BoatsnHoes vs Warriors55
d) Wizards Rage vs Bye

2nd round
e) a winner vs b winner
f) c winner vs d winner

Finals
g) e winner vs f winner

Last edited:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Just an idea, but you could instead of voting for the team you like, do a playoff style competition and you ask people to vote for the team they think would win the match up. Managers could then do a write up before their game to talk about how they would beat their respective opponent.

For Example:

1st Round
a) Rynonz vs PullinTeeth
b) Tajhay vs Weno
d) Wizards Rage vs Bye

2nd round
e) a winner vs b winner
f) c winner vs d winner

Finals
g) e winner vs f winner
Im pretty confident going into the first round...

lack of match fitness could hurt at the back end of the second round though 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: ryno

wrighty

Just an idea, but you could instead of voting for the team you like, do a playoff style competition and ask people to vote for the team they think would win the match up. Managers could then do a write up before their game to talk about how they would beat their respective opponent.

For Example:

1st Round
a) Rynonz vs PullinTeeth
b) Tajhay vs Weno
d) Wizards Rage vs Bye

2nd round
e) a winner vs b winner
f) c winner vs d winner

Finals
g) e winner vs f winner
As with the other draft will leave it to you boys to run the post draft evaluation voting.

The only concern have with the above is how to restrict it to one thread so that we don;t have too many threads about the draft (which could annoy people)

Cheers

Panther

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
Looking at these drafts,
Now that all the teams are made I'm surprised no one snapped up Elijah Taylor. I was debating whether to select him or Ben Henry at 13.
Also Tony Tatupu and Tony Tuimavave in the back row. Must be some anti -Tony sentiment as Tony Martin was good for the Warriors too.
Probably the highlight of following this has been the prompt to look at some past footage. Gosh we once played the game so much faster and could strike from anywhere 😥

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Looking at these drafts,

Also Tony Tatupu and Tony Tuimavave in the back row. Must be some anti -Tony sentiment as Tony Martin was good for the Warriors too.
Probably the highlight of following this has been the prompt to look at some past footage. Gosh we once played the game so much faster and could strike from anywhere 😥

You are right there about the Tony's. I was weighing up Martin, Hiku and a player I was also surprised that wasn't taken - Vinnie Anderson.

Selecting these teams and watching the old footage has made me realize how poor our current NRL team is and how poor our game plan and coaching is.

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
4.9 Total Avg Rating
4.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 15 ratings