General Warriors fun draft from 1995 onwards

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018

Hello

Welcome to the first ever Warriors draft thread.

Eligible players are those who have played at least one game either as a starter or off the bench for the warriors.

The draft will start/be open this Friday night April 17 - details of what time will come later. Also final rules will come later but expect them to be almost identical as the Kiwis draft.

I will hold spots for the following people

Warriors55
Ryno
Defence
Wizardsrage
Weno
BoatsnHoes

If they could please confirm they are keen hopefully in the next 24 hours that would be helpful.

Also open to a couple of others joining in - please respond with a post below saying you are keen.

Please, and read this carefully, only volunteer if you truly have the time to commit to this or you will spoil the game for others if you pull out half way through or won't be online much and slow the game down.

During this draft I will be moderator and have final say over clarifying rules and making new rules if necessary. That said, in this draft I will be mod only and not play as I am a N00b warriors fan and my knowledge doesn't go back far enough.

To do well in this draft you will need an extensive Warriors knowledge back to 1995 as I expect by the 10th round the choices will come down to who do you want out of a series of lesser players.

Which fan on this message board knows their warriors chops the best? We are about to see some contenders go toe to toe...

Final advice, maybe spend this week getting ready pouring through stats and making lists. He who is most prepared will probably win.

Ok please respond with confirmations if keen and the couple of extra additional sign ups...

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Just confirming I'm definitely keen Wrighty. Look forward to it :) The last draft was extremely enjoyable.

Reactions: wrighty

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Lads if I have liked your post then I have seen it and you are confirmed as entered.

Will wait overnight for defence and any other final recruits.

Cheers this should be enjoyable. Will close this off in the morning. If I didn't like your post then nudge me as must have missed it.

Good night

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
One question before we start Wrighty.

Will our teams be judged on what our players did while playing for the Warriors or over their whole career?

Some players have played pretty average for us but the rest of their career was a heck of a lot better. For example Matthew Ridge, Brent Tate etc.

Reactions: wizards rage

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
One question before we start Wrighty.

Will our teams be judged on what our players did while playing for the Warriors or over their whole career?

Some players have played pretty average for us but the rest of their career was a heck of a lot better. For example Matthew Ridge, Brent Tate etc.
Over their whole career

With emphasis of WHOLE career which includes their time at the warriors as opposes to excluding their time at the warriors.

Let me if that works for you

Reactions: warriors55

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
OK let's lock in the contestants. The following is not the drafting order. That will come out later:

Warriors55, Weno, Ryno, WizardsRage, BoatsnHoes, Tajhay, Vancent so it will be Seven which is an excellent number given the size of available Warriors players.

Warriors55 can you please suggest a reputable web site we will all refer to prove that a player played in at least one game for the warriors?

Cheers

Wrighty

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
OK let's lock in the contestants. The following is not the drafting order. That will come out later:

Warriors55, Weno, Ryno, WizardsRage, BoatsnHoes, Tajhay, Vancent so it will be Seven which is an excellent number given the size of available Warriors players.

Warriors55 can you please suggest a reputable web site we will all refer to prove that a player played in at least one game for the warriors?

Cheers

Wrighty
wrighty wrighty - this page here is probably the most accurate one around:

The warriors site, before they started using the NRL's template, used to have a section for club stats too, but that doesn't exist anymore.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017

Cheers

Wrighty
This is the place I have been using to find a list of players - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Zealand_Warriors_players

It has the number of matches played for the Warriors too. However it is Wikipedia so keep that in mind but it matches up exactly with Mikets source as well so both seem reputable.

Mikets one goes in order of number of total appearances. My one goes in order of when they played their first game.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Over their whole career

With emphasis of WHOLE career which includes their time at the warriors as opposes to excluding their time at the warriors.

Let me if that works for you
Ok great that works Wrighty. Makes it easier.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
This is the place I have been using to find a list of players - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Zealand_Warriors_players

It has the number of matches played for the Warriors too. However it is Wikipedia so keep that in mind but it matches up exactly with Mikets source as well so both seem reputable.

Mikets one goes in order of number of total appearances. My one goes in order of when they played their first game.
The other thing to note with the rugby league project site is that the number of appearances is only the games they've played for the Warriors - it doesn't include the FG games played for other teams in the NRL or Super League. For example, Ben Matulino shows he had 212 appearances for the Warriors but click on his name and it shows that he also played 36 games for the Tigers.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
The other thing to note with the rugby league project site is that the number of appearances is only the games they've played for the Warriors - it doesn't include the FG games played for other teams in the NRL or Super League. For example, Ben Matulino shows he had 212 appearances for the Warriors but click on his name and it shows that he also played 36 games for the Tigers.
Yea I noticed that also. Both sites are the same in that regard.

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
I'll let people use either Mikes or Wiki. We will make either the source of the truth. If a discrepancy comes up I will make a call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Upcoming Match

Canberra Raiders GIO Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

20 Sep

5.7 Total Avg Rating
5.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings