General Warriors: From obsession to apathy

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Its on Tony Veitch's facebook page now too mate. He also tagged in the Warriors lol

I know they read this site often anyway. They knew exactly what this site was when I met a few of the behind the scenes staff a few years back.

But yeah it's simply a reflection of how I (and obviously a few other people are feeling), you can blame mt.wellington mt.wellington for the traction it's getting now, he re-posted it on the FB page 2 nights ago.

Last edited:

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
Unfortunately they won't care because sport is so disengaged with supporters these days.

They will call the article of load crap and have laugh between teammates. The majority of players live in different planets they won't care. The only one who might care is EW, any shortfalls he may have to dip into his pockets.

Maybe the likes of Gavet or those starting out on their careers may be pissed off with the article.

Unfortunately most of the players in all sports are overpaid mercanries.

Reactions: ToiletDuck

MXRecord

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 8, 2014
It's a shame, I think it has happened to me.
I was losing interest, especially when we were playing like mud i.e Panthers, Dragons etc.
However this week, we've won and we've won well. Yet I didn't really care, nor was really into the game at all. I was kind of numb through out it all.
It's very close to how I feel about The Blues (I'm an Aucklander), I don't care if they lose, I don't care if they win, hell I barely make the effort to follow them.

:-/

I guess basing on what I've read in this thread, it may have only been a "told you so performance" or the 1/10, which is what you'd criticize Johnson for. Who knows, maybe hold judgement until AFTER the origin period.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Does anybody follow the Bulldogs forum? That must be interesting considering the money they have spent.

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Whangarei
So, totally get with what the general tone of this thread is about, and living it myself. Still watch the games, still have a mate or two around, but most have faded away, and I only give half a fuck about the matches. Honestly, I think he comes around out of habit and to indulge in our special half-time oranges. But anyhoo, I'm posting to share something that was one of the final nails in my apathy coffin.

Can't remember which match it was, but it was one of fucked up one recently. I switched off shortly after time, which isn't like me, pissed off at the utterly shithouse lack of effort and brains that we were showing. I flicked through the channels, and saw a Super Duper Bing Boom Bang Rugby game on - the Blues vs the Reds, two of the shittest teams at the time. The game wasn't all that flash, but fuck me, the effort and determination that was being put in by all players on both teams... it made me jealous, and a wee bit sad to be honest.

Soon after I started watching, there was the inevitable 60min mark substitutions, and 2 or 3 forwards from both teams jogged off the field, absolutely exhausted. All I thought was "Fuck those guys earned their paycheck." When was the last time the same could be said for the Warriors, one or two players aside? The Warriors have actually started me enjoying rugby union again.

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
Hi, my names FAN...............and i'm a Warrior- oholic
I'ts been 22 years since we won a Premiership.....Oh no wait, we have NEVER won one.
I suffer from Depression because of this club, my wife left me, my kids hate me, my dog ate my fucking remote..
But most of all, I have developed tourettes because of it
I would like to end by saying cu**s that FUCKERS this club FUCKING cu**s sucks, and I BITCHES hate them.
Thanks.....

MXRecord

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 8, 2014
Soon after I started watching, there was the inevitable 60min mark substitutions, and 2 or 3 forwards from both teams jogged off the field, absolutely exhausted. All I thought was "Fuck those guys earned their paycheck." When was the last time the same could be said for the Warriors, one or two players aside? The Warriors have actually started me enjoying rugby union again.

Bwahahaha. So true. I've really started enjoying Union lately, especially when two NZ teams play each other.

Reactions: Raurimu Massive

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Bwahahaha. So true. I've really started enjoying Union lately, especially when two NZ teams play each other.

Yeah, you can see the players' arguments that each New Zealand team playing each other twice would be too taxing on the bodies, but damn the games can be good.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Seen a lot of Forum rip offs .

Even read one of my post in the Sunday News.

But this is the first time I've seen credit given, and Doctor brotherly love well and truly deserves the recognition even if nameless.

But we all know who Granny Union Herald is talking about....a league man....a Warriors man through and through....a post that is above the line.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Seen a lot of Forum rip offs .

Even read one of my post in the Sunday News.

But this is the first time I've seen credit given, and Doctor brotherly love well and truly deserves the recognition even if nameless.

But we all know who Granny Union Herald is talking about....a league man....a Warriors man through and through....a post that is above the line.
Do you have a link?

Tokyo Warrior

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 16, 2014
My little boy's rugby ball broke, but instead of moving heaven and earth to get him a Warriors one (like I would have done in the past) I just got him a Tokyo Sunwolves one instead out of convenience. In a microcosm, that is how I feel about the Warriors at the moment.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings