General Warriors Formula For Success?

Apus

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 6, 2012
Everything looks so hard for this team. Have we actually has a set play come off this year? Looks like we just put it out wide and hope we get an overlap.

The players are to blame as well, obviously, but I honestly think if we replace Cappy with Cleary we'll see the side we deserve to see.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
The only time I've seen a formulae that really works for this team is the Anderson era
-Big aggressive forwards rushing In and smashing the opposition in mistakes/intimidating then followed by 2nd phase offloading unleashing the freakish backs with solid performers in the key positions

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This is the NRL. We would be on top of the ESL. standards have to match the NRL not the ESL.

Jordan G

The only time I've seen a formulae that really works for this team is the Anderson era
-Big aggressive forwards rushing In and smashing the opposition in mistakes/intimidating then followed by 2nd phase offloading unleashing the freakish backs with solid performers in the key positions

When Mannering and Gubb were out there together we were fairly close to getting that defensive side right. A lot of aggression in that period and we were starting our sets on the 30-40m line as a result.

Just did nothing with it after that.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
When Mannering and Gubb were out there together we were fairly close to getting that defensive side right. A lot of aggression in that period and we were starting our sets on the 30-40m line as a result.

Just did nothing with it after that.
Yes there were time our forwards dominated, but not for 80 minutes which Hoffman noted after the game. The trouble is he was one of them.

RiceOwl

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2015
Game management is the key ingredient missing. The tools and the ability are there, but how to control a game isn't. e.g. Not taking the field goal today with 7mins to go yesterday. You knew the storm were going to ice it after that and calmly work down field to within range and slot it.

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
Self belief for me would be a big part of the last two losses, we've held our own against two of the best forward packs in the nrl, but seem to be lacking the confidence to make the right choices in key parts of the game.

Our ball movement isn't very fluid at the moment with all the new combinations, and there were some shocking passes thrown. Players supporting forwards when they are doing a hitup so they have the option of an offload. Better goal kicking and actually finishing a game with 17 men.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Everything looks so hard for this team. Have we actually has a set play come off this year? Looks like we just put it out wide and hope we get an overlap.

The players are to blame as well, obviously, but I honestly think if we replace Cappy with Cleary we'll see the side we deserve to see.
That is it, they look like they are trying their guts out but its just not working

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
5.0 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 22 ratings