General Warriors Fans in Sydney/Oz

raypower_old

Hey all,

Long time reader first time poster. With the season not too far off I though I might say G'day and discuss my dream for 2006.

I'm planning on trying to get to every game in Oz this season and was wondering if there's anything in place already for us poor displaced Warriors fans in which we can get together fanatics style at away games and scream for the team.

If not, i'm putting forward a motion that we start looking at doing it for the first match in Oz which is Newcastle I believe. I managed to get to about 8 away games last year and all the warriors fans that I sat near were great fun and it dawned on me that it would be great from a support basis if we could consistently group together and support our team in Oz and it would also double as a way for NZ based fans to find some friendly faces to sit with.

Anyways, just putting it out there, you can throw it back if you don't like it or inform me if someone's already doing it so i can jump on board.

Cheers and go the Warriors in 06 and every other year!

lamc

hey there i am also a displaced warrior. been behind the team since way back. good idea. i find it hard to get to the games, even harder to catch up with the boys when these looser ozies don't show the games on public tv. anyway heres to 2006 and to the NRL bring it on...this is our year GO THE WARRIORS

PHANTOM MENACE_old

Welcome to both of you. A few diehards in Sydney usually go most away games. Just post about a week leading up to a game in Sydney then you will get some results

raypower_old

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up PM.

I was thinking of testing the waters now and seeing if there is enough popular support we could organise a charter bus or something along those lines. I know it's still early days but we might as well put it in the air now and if there's enough support for it we can tee it up.

Tajhay_old

great idea!

however i have recently moved back to bris from sydney....

so only ONE home game all season :(...thank god gold coast will be admitted next season. and i will be there at carrara for the trial.

raypower_old

That's ok Taj! I'll see you in round 26 for the Broncos Warriors game!

I've turned it into a tradition cos a couple of my more clueless mates are Broncos supporters so our touring group is 2 warriors fans and 2 broncos fans.

That said my mate managed to score one of the Red 2000 jerseys while we were there last year, funny story actually. The guy we bought it off wanted $50 for it but his mate chipped in and said, "Nah ask for $100" so he ended up selling it for $100. He didn't have a shirt to go home in so he wandered off topless, however he said that the jersey was used in games as he left. We sorta laughed it off but there's texta markings and the badges are hand sewn on too which struck us as odd. Guess we'll never know....

Enough of a segue there....anyways, yeah we'll probably know if the Warriors Road Show is a success by rd 26, if not you'll have to put up with me and my mates Taj.

Iafeta_old

I try to get to all Sydney games, looking at going to Newcastle this year, maybe Townsville if I can twist the wifes arm, maybe Melbourne?

I reckon outside the ground itself is great fun after games in Sydney, when we win anyway. The Polynesians have a real emotional way of celebrating, I love it!

*Kimmy*_old

I dont live in oz lol..but i do live in invercargill(southland nz for those who dont know lol)
When the warriors had a trial game down here in 2003(i think) i didnt go, my brother did tho...im regretting it now:(
But im happy with my union games(i go to all of southlands home games, and the super12/14 game down here)

aussie_warrior_old

I will try and get to some of the games in Sydney...

If they play in Canberra I will definately be going!

raypower_old

melb, canberra, bris looks like we've got most of the "regional" capitals covered of then :p

[/quote I will try and get to some of the games in Sydney...

If they play in Canberra I will definately be going!]

they play in canberra mid year so you get your wish tripharm!

Warrior_Hot_Stepper_old

i live in Penriff lol(penrith) so games around sydney i try to get to at least . i will definatly go to the game in Newcastle, i've got relos there, so it will be great to hook up there rayroxon.

p.s where do u live.

Big Fobsta_old

I'm in Bankstown and go to most Warriors games with either the boyz or the missus. I'm down for any get-together with other Oz Sydney Warriors Supporters.

Leaguelass_old

Hi everyone - I moved to Brissy end of last year and the one thing I'm gonna really miss is going to Ericsson for all the home games. Going down to the coast for the friendly and we are off to Newcastle too.
This is the first post since I've been here but been logging in and catching up with all the goss. Looking forward to the start of the season.
Hey and its good to see there is still lots of healthy debate going on!
Go the Warriors!

Skinny_Ravs82

Nice to see you again Leagueless.
So you're up in Brissy now? It must be hot as over your way. I'm actually in Melbourne, been here almost two weeks now. Anyway nice to have you back again and yup the Warriors discussion is still going on strong. :lol:

2big2strong_old

wots up, i'm in austrayeeeea too. not that hot, i'm up sunshine coast above brisvegas

raypower_old

Hey there,

Sorry Warriors Hot Stepper, been away. Anyways, I'm in the north, in Epping. A Warriors army is exactly what I had planned in the not too distant future. If you can remember that 13-12 finals win over Canberra when the whole of the SFS echoed with "Warriors" chants, that's what I'd like it to be...but I'm a realist and I'd settle for perhaps half a bay of black.

Anyways what I was thinking was perhaps looking at chartering a minibus or small coach, starting out from say Central or Strathfield and that way we can meet our fellow Warrior, plan chants and yelling and it takes the trouble out of travel. Hopefully it's not too cost prohibitive. Anyways, we've got a good 7 weeks before we get to see the boys in Oz, so what do you Sydney/Oz based Warriors fans say? Are you behind the Warriors army bus?

budz_old

Ill be there at the Canberra game. Its earlier this season which is good because it wont be as cold. Last time i caught a cold after freezing at the game with my jersey on.