General Warriors Eye Young Bronco

Kiwi Icon

Waterboy
May 18, 2012
Warriors are eyeing up Broncos under twenty player Richard Tuala who is Auckland born and played his junior footy for the Mighty Mangere East Hawks.
Played only 3 under 20`s games is off contract this year and both clubs are keen for his signature..

Extracted from Sunday News...

Robster

Warriors Bench Player
May 13, 2012
Any reason why he has only played 3 matches for the under 20's club?? Seems the club is going to be more KIWI since 1996 which can be a good or bad thing.

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
I did a search on him, he's a back rower, he's only 18 so thats why he hasnt played much. 194cm and 103kg, hes a big boy!! He surely wont be in the first grade squad so I hope we grab him.

Kaizen

NSW Cup Player
May 15, 2012
Centres and wingers are where we're week i believe. We have a couple of good young halfs floating around in the 20's.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I agree no need for any more back rowers at this stage

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Centres and wingers are where we're week i believe. We have a couple of good young halfs floating around in the 20's.
I agree on centers & wingers.... but disagree on the halfs Meads and Lino are rubbish and by the sounds of it the club view Carlos Tuimavave as a center,I think he will make a better center also

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
Lino is only 16 isn't he, he seems a pretty good goal kicker so the kid deserves a little more experience before writing him off.

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Lino is only 16 isn't he, he seems a pretty good goal kicker so the kid deserves a little more experience before writing him off.
He may well develop...i was talking more a player ready to step up next year.should of made myself more clear

If Johnson went down next year we would be in the mud...Leuluai and Godinet dont leave me with alot of confidence

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
New
Warriors are eyeing up Broncos under twenty player Richard Tuala who is Auckland born and played his junior footy for the Mighty Mangere East Hawks.
Played only 3 under 20`s games is off contract this year and both clubs are keen for his signature..

Ah yes many a good player has come from the Hawks, played there myself up until 1977. Sammy Perrets father and uncles all played for
the Hawks​

Kaizen

NSW Cup Player
May 15, 2012
I'm looking forward to Leuluai coming back to the club next season. Is he still the youngest Warrior NRL player of all time?

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
I'm looking forward to Leuluai coming back to the club next season. Is he still the youngest Warrior NRL player of all time?
Thomas Leuluai was the youngest Warrior debutant when he played his first match in 2003, but Cooper Vuna stole that honour in 2004 and (I think) has held it ever since.

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Wellington
So am I. It'll be nice to have a half we don't have to hide on defense.
TL isn't a Carney or Marshall, but he's a very solid half with a good kicking and passing game. We don't need a freak beside Johnson, just a reliable player who can do the basics well. TL is this, and has loads of experience to add to the deal.
Also, when Friend leaves, TL could play hooker if one of our juniors is ready to step into the halves.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
New

Ah yes many a good player has come from the Hawks, played there myself up until 1977. Sammy Perrets father and uncles all played for
the Hawks​
Is that you Dale Husband?? ;)

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
I'll be honest. I've seen stuff all of TL since he left other than his Kiwi appearances. My main concern is the length of time he's spent out of the NRL, though I rest easier knowing he's on the right side of 30.

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Big back rowers isn't where we need to strenghen our squad.
Given that we are losing both Michael Luck and Lewis Brown, I don't think a good young back rower would be a bad thing. How good this player is I have no idea but I would not be opposed to it solely on the fact of his body size and position

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
Gee this Tuala boy must be the goods if the Broncs got him first and will fight to keep him.
Personally i think he would develop further if he stays in Brisbane and its not like we're short on forwards at the Warriors

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Wellington
Also, he's what - 18?
-he's a Kiwi
-our coaches obviously rate the guy
-he'll be cheap and play Under 20s anyway
...no big deal in my opinion