General Warriors Documentary

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
What a wonderful doco!

Gritty indeed. Those F bombs aye. Very smart by the marketing department. Swearing does add grit. Dirty talkers.

OK, I’m happy the majority of people enjoyed the show. It was very well put together I’ll give them that.

My own expectations might have been alittle wacked. I wanted less talk more action. Had a shit day at work which didnt help my mood.

The show was something different. I applaud them for trying something new. Cant hate on that i guess....

I will try to watch it again tonight and a few more times no doubt later this week. Hopefully will see what all youse are seeing and take a more positive spin to it.

Personally found the trial games waaaaay more compelling but the doco is a good complimentary piece. provided we win. Key word is WIN

Have a good week all.

Positives

Though Blake Green was impressive, so too Gavet who looks to be coming out of his shell. Like the way Corvo operates.

Negatives

Hated seeing Kearney say he could accept them not putting in today because it is first day back but not again. That to me epitomises the issues within the club. There is no way in hell Craig Bellamy or Wayne Bennett would accept lazy training because it is first day back.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Some of you guys are real bitches lol. You come on here hoping for a faint bit of inside gossip, leaks and to find out what really goes on behind closed doors and when you get a firsthand doco showing you just that you wanna moan and groan. No pleasing everyone but its the usual whingers harping on.

I thought it was fucking awesome!

Loved seeing Kearney rip in to one of them. "You roll your foot over the ball again and I'll kick your fucking ass. For fucks sakes"! We only see the quiet guy at press conferences who seems a little soft and aloof. This doco showed him laying down the law. "Its hard but you won't die".

We got an insight into what makes Alex Corvo tick. What he sees as the long running issue with the club and how he was working on resolving it. He saw it as a quality issue. Putting in 100% effort 100% of the time. In the past the Warriors were guilty of sub par standards as they tired. To me that explained the age old Warriors will fuck out in the last 10 minutes saying that has dogged this club since its inception.

I was grateful to get a look at Blake Greens transition over the ditch and how this affected his family. Awesome seeing him be so vocal at training as well.

Also cool to see that the Mangakino wasn't just a training run but the club giving back to a rural community.

Obviously it wasn't going to show us speed trial stats or game plan tactics but it was a great insight nonetheless. Of course it had to cater to the vast majority and wasn't going to please the noisiest of us all. Certainly gained more in that half hour than a years worth of reading on here.

Smile you half empties...

Some of you guys are real bitches lol. You come on here hoping for a faint bit of inside gossip, leaks and to find out what really goes on behind closed doors and when you get a firsthand doco showing you just that you wanna moan and groan. No pleasing everyone but its the usual whingers harping on.

Loved seeing Kearney rip in to one of them. "You roll your foot over the ball again and I'll kick your fucking ass. For fucks sakes"! We only see the quiet guy at press conferences who seems a little soft and aloof. This doco showed him laying down the law. "Its hard but you won't die".

We got an insight into what makes Alex Corvo tick. What he sees as the long running issue with the club and how he was working on resolving it. He saw it as a quality issue. Putting in 100% effort 100% of the time. In the past the Warriors were guilty of sub par standards as they tired. To me that explained the age old Warriors will fuck out in the last 10 minutes saying that has dogged this club since its inception.

I was grateful to get a look at Blake Greens transition over the ditch and how this affected his family. Awesome seeing him be so vocal at training as well.

Also cool to see that the Mangakino wasn't just a training run but the club giving back to a rural community.

Obviously it wasn't going to show us speed trial stats or game plan tactics but it was a great insight nonetheless. Of course it had to cater to the vast majority and wasn't going to please the noisiest of us all. Certainly gained more in that half hour than a years worth of reading on here.

Great post couldn’t agree more

thought it was pretty good. Like others have said, it didn't show us too much.

You can tell SK would feel like a school teacher in that video room a lot of the time.

During one of the team huddles there was a funny moment where Papali'i walked off before they had done their chant, right in front of the camera lol. Just found it amusing when they're clearly trying to promote an image of togetherness and unity. It's probably nothing, but those little things are noticeable imo.

Was impressed with Corvo.

Reactions: bruce and demco

WarriorBall

Mannering seemed quite negative.

Looks burnt out....he seemed to go out of his way to avoid acknowledging the new training regime.

According to him the answer is mental determination.

Kearney on the other hand stressed that being fitter will help them to stick to the game plan.

It’s worth noting that some of those interviews like Mannering’s at the beginning of the doco were at the end of the regular season, before Corvo had arrived at the club. I remember Shaun Johnson making similar comments around the same time about being fit enough.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor

a Big thank you sir, i loved seeing what goes on behind the scenes.

Dead right Welly,
u could put half the forum in a room with free piss and hookers and they would complain theres no food.
like u i learnt more from this half hour then the 20 odd years following the Warriors,
looking forward to seeing Harris next week see if he stands out like greeny did.

The bit with Green's family was good to see. I've always wandered where the imports would choose to live. They get well paid so should be able to afford something nice but you would also think convenience getting to and from Mt Smart for training would be a consideration.

Dead right Welly,
u could put half the forum in a room with free piss and hookers and they would complain theres no food.
like u i learnt more from this half hour then the 20 odd years following the Warriors,
looking forward to seeing Harris next week see if he stands out like greeny did.

So much easier to be negative. My advice is to make your first comment positive and things usually go better after that. I have said before that sport is a positive thing, so keep it positive.

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor

Dead right Welly,

How can you have free piss and hookers with no food? Thats just stupid.

I’m curious what did u learn in 1/2 hr that you hadnt figured out in 20 years? serious question.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Corvo does look the goods I did notice he seemed to have everyone focused on his every word.
Was pleasantly surprised by Kearney drilling the boys- wonder how this plays into the “Polynesians don’t like being yelled at” thing?
Also picked up on the Kearney family is in Brisbane thing?
Was impressed by Cameron George’s “no more excuses” stance
Enjoyed the doco was a good insight into the club, at the same time am wary of some of the obvious PR talk I’ve heard before- look forward to the next one

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
How can you have free piss and hookers with no food? Thats just stupid.

I’m curious what did u learn in 1/2 hr that you hadnt figured out in 20 years? serious question.
for 1 i thought it was our snr players or leadership group that would motivate the boys but from what i saw it was the new Guy (green) and the younger player Tevaga.
also S.K telling the boys like it is, today was a little tuff but it's going to be tuffer sort of stuff,

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
for 1 i thought it was our snr players or leadership group that would motivate the boys but from what i saw it was the new Guy (green) and the younger player Tevaga.
also S.K telling the boys like it is, today was a little tuff but it's going to be tuffer sort of stuff,
the old leadership group had obviously failed to motivate the previous squad, so im not surprised to see that it takes new voices to make that happen. Blair says hes a leader in the Mannering mold of do as i do, rather than listen to what i say, so its just as well that Blake is there.

Personally i would like to have seen more of the interactions between the players, like the bit with the bikes where they are supporting each other as they push through the pain barriers, than the talking heads, but i did enjoy it and im looking forward to next week.

Wonder what went down that made SK say "that was the worst session we've had...."

Less swearing than I was expecting, actually. Mangakino session was good (who's cellphone was it that got confiscated during the trivia night? Warriors Caught In Trivia Cheat Scandal). Most people spoke well, but the lighting, etc for some of the interviews - Shaun Johnson, SM etc - seemed weird.

Hopefully they'll end next week's episode with each player's name spelt phonetically so the Aussies can "dive right in" SK-style...

• Haha
Reactions: Tragic