General Warriors Documentary

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
I couldn't give a fuck how vanilla it was. I just enjoy anything Warriors, end of.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
demco

demco

I watch it over here in Thailand on u tube just now tonight and my impression is just PR and still too much hi bro culture remaining here.

Do not be fooled with this pr spin.

If they do what Stacy said in the video and spin the ball around like years gone by then just maybe people will come back.

Oh and play the full 80 mins

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Talking the right talk, now just need to walk the right walk for it to mean anything

Reactions: 1 users

Billy Teets James

Some negative Nancy's in here. Y'all are like my wife. No matter how hard I try, Changes I make to make sure I pick my socks up everyday. The bitch still moans.
Just like some on here. Bunch of moaning ass biaaaches!

Just be thankful we got a little looksy into the behind the scenes shit we don't normally see(Even tho if you follow Gavet's Instagram. We've seen most of this footage lol)

And I love anything to do with the Mighty Vodafone Warriors!

So gerraphuk

Love yous.

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Some negative Nancy's in here.
How did you know my name was Nancy?;) I am with the others, it was just low quality PR with a few F bombs thrown in and if we carry on as we are it will get people laughing even more.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
I've just wAtched it and will now be late for work. Agree that it was PR but as a fan good to get a look behind the scenes.

Reactions: 5 users

Chchfanatic

How did you know my name was Nancy?;) I am with the others, it was just low quality PR with a few F bombs thrown in and if we carry on as we are it will get people laughing even more.
I’m coming up for the double header and I’d like to meet you Bruce and give you a cuddle. I think you need one. It was exactly what I expected it to be. Same as the hurricanes one 2 years ago. Does anyone remember where the hurricanes ended that year. Omen maybe lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

It was an enjoyable documentary. I'm the kind of person that would watch half an hour of training sessions but that isn't going to be the best television for a wider audience.

They probably shot a lot of warts and all footage but the time they are covering needs to be condensed down.

The piece on the Mangakino visit was good. Their club rooms being destroyed by fire would most likely only made the local news. A small club like that the clubs rooms are pretty much all they have. Good to see the club do their bit to help out. We know they do charity work and community initiatives like all clubs but besides an occasional article that isn't really shown.

Overall though it was good to get a look behind the scenes.

Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

Some of the preview shot where they showed Bethells. I haven't seen those dunes from that angle before.

A few years ago one of my workmates was temporarily living by himself while his family were living up north after they sold their house. We were talking all week about driving out there to do a session. I wasn't that fit at the time. Now seeing them from that angle I dodged a bullet seeing as he decided to head up north to see his family.

Looking forward to see next week. Hopefully around the trial we don't see much game footage seeing as we've already seen that and we get more half time or post game talk from the coaches.

Whiteknight

Whiteknight

i don't think the doco was really designed for the hard core fanatics like on the forum, i thought it was ok, good to see they at least acknowledge the areas they know that they are weak in
The wife watched it (non league fan but puts up with it) and she thought it was excellent and that the guys were obviously trying and maybe she should start watching some of the games, so maybe it worked for Sky/Warriors in that regard

Reactions: 8 users
Warrior482

Warrior482

Not ashamed to admit I enjoyed that. Watched it twice already! Not quite as cynical as some on here (somehow) maybe coz I watch feck all reality tv.

Best bit was Kearney ripping in with "you roll your foot over again and I'm gonna kick your fuckin aarse! Fucksakes" haha love it.

Not expecting revelations from this it is what it is. More eps to come look forward to it

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
fizurg

fizurg

Personally I think it all seemed positive. They seemed to acknowledge the issues most people seem to think the club has.
The coaching staff seemed knowledgeable, hard working and respected.
Only thing that niggles at the back of my mind is knowing they could have made the same confidence inspiring doco before any of the other of the last 6 failed seasons.

Also did Kearny mention his family still live in Brisbane?

Whiteknight

Whiteknight

Not ashamed to admit I enjoyed that. Watched it twice already! Not quite as cynical as some on here (somehow) maybe coz I watch feck all reality tv.

Best bit was Kearney ripping in with "you roll your foot over again and I'm gonna kick your fuckin aarse! Fucksakes" haha love it.

Not expecting revelations from this it is what it is. More eps to come look forward to it

Def looked like SK and AC were running the show and demanded excellence from the boys, only good can come from that

Reactions: 4 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I enjoyed it, but you don’t learn that much, boys working hard, but so is every other team.

Makes you wish we weren’t coming off of a world cup year and could’ve got the stars in earlier, but can’t be helped.

Maybe the haircut but Adam Blair looked a lot better shape in the trial than he does here.

Corvo does look to have that mana, while something about Cappy and even the little general still don’t seem that impressive as coaches/leaders.

Kearney is a good lesson in not taking what he says to the media to be how he really is, like two different men.

Reactions: 7 users
Makasene

Makasene

in my professional opinion...

it is always important to remember that when the camera is rolling we must accept that the subject is either consciously or subconsiously aware of the fact they are being observed, and even ever-so slightly, this can affect performance.

;P

Does that include those 24 occasions per year when the cameras are rolling?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
YeahNah 4020

YeahNah 4020

Thanks for the link to watch that is appreciated!

I wanted more training, more gym sessions, more pain but agree it was not made for the die hard warriors crew, more catered to the wider and fringe league and sports community.

In saying that I’m proud of the boys, the new additions on field and off field and whish SK and the whole squad all the best to kick some ass starting with Souths!

BLAH!!

warriors4eva

i enjoyed it

im happy the warriors are going in a different direction, finally realising they are losing the fan base and atleast making an effort to show us footage we havent seen before to try and get our interest back and show that they are trying !

your never going to please everyone though no matter what they try and change or show the public, but f@ck it , bring on round one, cant wait !

Warriors4eva !!

AlexM

AlexM

I would of been much happier watching SK shout slogans at players doing abdominator work for a half hour. But I enjoyed it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user