General Warriors Documentary

defensivebomb

defensivebomb

Great episode. Man we were good in the early 2000's. A team to be feared, so much aggression, control and talent.

The episode reminded me how shit we were in 2004, which got me thinking how shit we are this year, approaching every game thinking we have an outside chance to steal a win, but being disappointed most weekends.

Reactions: 1 user
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

I always forget about how many Kiwis are living outside of NZ until I go to sell some Warriors gear or a new Warriors documentary episode comes out 😆

Reactions: 2 users
tHe_MaC

tHe_MaC

Bloody mySky failed, I suppose they aren't replaying Part 2 15 times like Part 1....

Reactions: 3 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
If you are after a link give me a message. Sorry but I won't share it with anyone I am unfamiliar with so if you haven't posted much I can't help you. Never know who's lurking around this forum and pretty keen to protect my Youtube account...

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Just a reminder Part 3 and final episode is on tonight, Sky Sport 2 @ 7.30pm.

mrblonde

mrblonde

I wonder who'll be crowned King in the North?

Since Daenrys Stormborne, Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains, yada-yada, etc can't seem to delegate it'll probably be her.

I suspect Part 3 of the doco is going to stick to the truth, alas.

I don't have matches or a hammer so, much as I'd prefer, I can't set my head on fire and put it out with a hammer so I guess I'll be watching it.

Curled in the feotal position, eyes closed and fingers in ears, sobbing loudly and crying for Mummy to scare the monster away.

Last edited:
  • Haha
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I didn't watch version 2, and I don't think I will watch this either. The club has had enough of my time this season.

• Haha
RiceOwl

RiceOwl

Well I'm going to be honest - Ive bloody enjoyed the entire series. Yeah it has a bit of PR spin to it, yeah it isnt 'gritty', and yeah there couldve been more investigative documentary style content, but that wasnt the purpose of the series. I'll accept that.

In fact it was great to sit through some of the highlights of the club and relive some of that content. Brought back plenty of memories and gave me the feels at plenty of times too.

I'm a fan and always will be (attended game 1 in '95 as a 9yo with my family). I will always ride the highs and get pissed off with the lows, but I will still be there. This doco showed to me that you just have to ride it out and savour those awesome moments when they come along.

The other thing about the club we should be proud of that this doco showed is there are and have been a lot of people involved in the club that really care for it.

Reactions: 11 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

I enjoyed it anyway, it was a bit like This Is Your Life after all these years of faith with nothing to show for it. The choir is still the funniest part, and Stacey Jones is still best ever Warrior.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
gpred

gpred

Contributor
Just been watching this now. It reminds me of all the good and the bad associated with being a Warrior. But mostly it reminded me that the great times overwhelm the bad and I guess that's why we are here still supporting this club.

Come on boys. Give us some more geat times. It means more to more people than you will ever know.

Reactions: 4 users
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Just been watching this now. It reminds me of all the good and the bad associated with being a Warrior. But mostly it reminded me that the great times overwhelm the bad and I guess that's why we are here still supporting this club.

Come on boys. Give us some more geat times. It means more to more people than you will ever know.
Fucken oath! Yeah I'm watching too. Just as with part 1 it brings a lump to my throat. Man Shaun Johnson was good. If Shaun Johnson was still the same one from the GF at the same time as Roger being in our team, things would be quite different right now I reckon. Love this club.

Reactions: 6 users
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

The most interesting reveal to me was Mannering, Brown et al saying that letting Ivan go was the biggest mistake in our history. I said it at the time myself, we were building a dynasty, but hate how long it is taking to get back to that level.

It reminds me that changing coach is not the answer. The coach is only part of the equation. The players clicking together matters more. And that requires solidarity within the club.

Reactions: 5 users
FAN

FAN

Really enjoyed watching all 3 episodes.
Yeah it sucks we haven't won a GF yet, but watching back over the last 25 years has really made me proud to be a WARRIOR supporter.
Glad I'm still here, and not given up completely.

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Really enjoyed watching all 3 episodes.
Yeah it sucks we haven't won a GF yet, but watching back over the last 25 years has really made me proud to be a WARRIOR supporter.
Glad I'm still here, and not given up completely.
We're going to break through one day. I din't mind waiting another decade or more. That day will be a massive event in our lives. It will be soo worth it.

Reactions: 6 users
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Foxsport AU / Kayosport now has the Warriors doco up (first 2 episodes).

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Hit me up on DM if you are still unable to view it for whatever reason.