General Warriors Defence Thread

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Just wanted to point out the finer details of the RTS try saving tackle where he up ended the guy and thumped him into the turf.

What made the tackle possible was the fact a warrior forward (don't know who would have to see the replay) was sprinting his heart out some 3 metres behind the tigers players.

The angle the persuing warrior was running made it such that if the tiger tried to run around RTS he would have to slow down and run into the path of the sprinting warrior. Therefore the Tiger player thought he had no choice but to run straight at RTS.

My knowledge of playing rugby is that given a one on one with a guy in the midfield you should be able to step him 9 times out of ten, in this case it didn't happen because the hard working warriors chasing from behind shut down the angles.

It was a pure reward for hustle.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this but.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/04/stat-attack-ranking-each-teams-desperation-defence/
Kearneys defence has given the teamwhat its needed for a long time now. Some steel.
I would have put this in the Coach Kearney thread, not a criticism by any means, I'm delighted you posted it.

I would have used it to back down the Kearney sackers, he is the teams defensive coach after all.

The Man's brilliant in this most important area of coaching an NRL team.

No bullshit being in the top four defensively is a Culture upswing of a thousand trading points, from where the clowns were before he sacked the lot of them.

Reaction score

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
IMG_2202.jpg Two Warriors on most efficient tackles list for last season, shows we're headed in the right direction..

Maybe we can grab Alex Twal from Tigers before his price goes up?

Top Bottom