General Warriors Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by JT1971, Jul 17, 2017.

1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Went through a couple of boxes in storage over the break. Use to have 6 of them but given most away over the years to other collectors when I decided to just focus on Jerseys. Most were picked up at games, functions, given to me or won in competitions. The rest I bought off Trademe when things were going for a few dollars. Prices these days have gone crazy with everyone feeling nostalgic or having more disposable income. I honestly couldn't afford most of this stuff these days.

Most the stuff I have left I was given so will never part with it...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Those '95 photos are a great piece of nostalgia

3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

1995 head shots that were sent to news agencies to use for articles. Bit different back then before the digital age :)...

4. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Sweet, I love them. A great wee piece of history to own :)

5. Kestrel84
    Join:
    Aug 26, 2017

Kestrel84 Rippin' and a Tearin' Contributor

No Phil Blake? Did you have them all, or was he a late addition?

6. tangalife
    Join:
    May 28, 2012

tangalife Warriors Bench Player

Honestly, if someone has a old Starters Jacket or any kind of jacket from the DB Bitter days and feel like testing the market - let me know! It's going to my mission this year to get my hands on one.

7. Chchfanatic
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2017

Chchfanatic 1st Grade Fringe

Does anyone else have the golf bag they did back in 95. I bought off trademe a few years back. Not in great condition though

8. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

The market is crazy for that sort of stuff. The Starter jackets always fetch a good price but they go for $500 these days if its a big size and in good condition. I remember buying them for $100 10 years ago...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

9. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Pretty sure I had one in the middle on in the top row. If not that it was similar.

I wanted one of those Green DB Bitter jackets that were around back then (well alot around our area as league was funded by DB Bitter in our comp). The Warriors had similar ones as you can see above.

I wanted something lite to train in or go off to the games. asked my aunty who worked at the local hotel/bar. She came back with this bulky thing. The colour scheme was a bit to loud.

Not sure if it's still down at my parents place.

10. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Vancent True Bluelever Contributor

I’d almost kill for a DB Bitter bar runner or towelling cloth - straight to the man cave....

11. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

12. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Sweet - many thanks!

13. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Trade me account disabled!

Must have been a while or maybe no Aust based members allowed? -

14. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Sheesh it sold for $80! I use to pick em up for $5 each. Markets so crazy these days...

15. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

Prepare yourself for a capital gains tax.

16. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

Its was 2 for $80. But we get your point old fella, you could get a loaf of bread for tuppence back in the old days.

17. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

Don’t get Bruce started.

18. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

I'm talking 4-5 years ago before the whole retro thing blew up. Just 2 years ago you could get a 1995 jersey for $60-80. Same jersey was selling for $350 at one stage last year with one collector paying over $500 for a 1993 CCC jersey and others paying $300 for a Peerless 1993 jersey. I have two Peerless and one CCC that I paid a combined $160 for.

If anyone has any old 95 era stuff the market has never ever been stronger. Was a lot crazier early last year but its still going well. Get in while its hot...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.