General Warriors Collectors Thread

Reaction score

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I have a signed ball from 2016 team..one of the ones from a corporate box I was lucky to be invited too. Not as cool as that much older ball

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to have that exact ball as a kid, even with the signatures, unfortunately mine got run over by a car lol

Reaction score
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
That ball reminds me about what happened to one of my neighbours. He went to a sportsman dinner and bid for and won a football signed by Dwight York, then playing in the EPL for nearby Blackburn. He bid over £100 for the thing.

Liking a drink he ended up pissed and lost the ball, the last thing he remembers is the blokes on his table heading it to each other.

The worst part was having to go back to the venue the following day, complete with stinking hangover, to write out a cheque for a ball he didn't have.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I saw something really cool today. I saw a little girl wearing a Warriors jacket. Her Mum told me that they were from Tolaga Bay and all the local School kids were given the jackets and shoes. Apparently done through Canteen but good on the Warriors for being involved.

Tolaga known locally as 2 dollar bay is a small community in a seemingly pwrmanent recession and this type of largesse is needed and greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I saw something really cool today. I saw a little girl wearing a Warriors jacket. Her Mum told me that they were from Tolaga Bay and all the local School kids were given the jackets and shoes. Apparently done through Canteen but good on the Warriors for being involved.

Tolaga known locally as 2 dollar bay is a small community in a seemingly pwrmanent recession and this type of largesse is needed and greatly appreciated.
The Warriors jacket school giveaway is nationwide. My youngest daughter got 1. I believe they are given to schools below a certain decile rating (which im not sure of) all over the country.

A disgusting habit that appears to happen is some parents taking these jackets from their children to sell to willing collectors. Also saw on facebook a large quantity of the jackets that wound up in a charity shop (so the assumption is the school gave them away).

Its a fantastic initiative by the club. It will create a few young fans.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
The Warriors jacket school giveaway is nationwide. My youngest daughter got 1. I believe they are given to schools below a certain decile rating (which im not sure of) all over the country.

A disgusting habit that appears to happen is some parents taking these jackets from their children to sell to willing collectors. Also saw on facebook a large quantity of the jackets that wound up in a charity shop (so the assumption is the school gave them away).

Its a fantastic initiative by the club. It will create a few young fans.
From what I have seen the Coasties are greatful to have them for their Kids.

Poor in pocket but rich in community.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
From what I have seen the Coasties are greatful to have them for their Kids.

Poor in pocket but rich in community.
My daughter is very proud of hers. She wants to hang it in my bar, but Im very opposed to these jackets being used for any reason other than what is intended. I dont want to support the collecting of these. Maybe 1 day when she has outgrown it, but not before.

Its great seeing so many of them around Invercargill. With our weather, they are needed by lower income families.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
My daughter is very proud of hers. She wants to hang it in my bar, but Im very opposed to these jackets being used for any reason other than what is intended. I dont want to support the collecting of these. Maybe 1 day when she has outgrown it, but not before.

Its great seeing so many of them around Invercargill. With our weather, they are needed by lower income families.
That Jacket will end up being the most treasured Warriors memorabilia you have in your extensive collection.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
That Jacket will end up being the most treasured Warriors memorabilia you have in your extensive collection.
One day. There are a lot of pieces to compete with it tho.

Speaking of which, i have just completed making my new display cabinet for my smaller, more expensive pieces. I needed more display space. No room to show anything off. Resorted to collecting Warriors jewellery pieces, etc now. But Jesus what an expensive obsession that is going to become. Jersey collecting was bad enough. Luckily i ran out of room to hang those before i bankrupted myself. But now each piece will need to be saved for.

Here is a couple of shots of my latest pride and joy. Took a few weeks to build.

rps20180816_113633.jpg
rps20180816_113733.jpg
rps20180816_113713.jpg

Reaction score
Akkerz

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Speaking of which, i have just completed making my new display cabinet for my smaller, more expensive pieces. I needed more display space. No room to show anything off. Resorted to collecting Warriors jewellery pieces, etc now. But Jesus what an expensive obsession that is going to become. Jersey collecting was bad enough. Luckily i ran out of room to hang those before i bankrupted myself. But now each piece will need to be saved for.

Here is a couple of shots of my latest pride and joy. Took a few weeks to build.

View attachment 26234
View attachment 26235
View attachment 26236

That's awesome , a real credit to you

Reaction score

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

View attachment 26234
View attachment 26235
View attachment 26236
Absolutely outstanding!

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Those Warriors jackets are not only to keep kids dry and help their charity partner Kidscan but also serve as a massive billboard for the club with thousands of kids walking around the country with huge Warriors logos on their back. "Warriors propaganda" as it was called by a Warriors HQ staffer at the time...

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Imagine what would happen if the kids warriors jerseys weren't so bloody expensive
Best n Less in Aus to unbranded/unsponsored jerseys for $50 (bulldogs example below) wonder if it’s beneficial for the warriors to do something similar. Don’t tend to see too many around at games though...

6AF0CE34-1D5A-4C78-A9F8-DEBD1FCF66B8.jpeg

Reaction score
Whiteknight

Whiteknight

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Best n Less in Aus to unbranded/unsponsored jerseys for $50 (bulldogs example below) wonder if it’s beneficial for the warriors to do something similar. Don’t tend to see too many around at games though...

View attachment 26294
Having 4 kids myself I know they wouldn't go for those, would need to be as close to the playing kit as possible

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score

View attachment 26294
Warriors did this a long time ago. The only cleanskin jerseys i ever saw were exactly like this one. I guess it was their only attempt at it.

rps20180816_211943.jpg

Reaction score

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
i collect warriors trading cards but missed the last 2 0r 3 years, not seeing as many people listing them on trade me anymore !

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
i collect warriors trading cards but missed the last 2 0r 3 years, not seeing as many people listing them on trade me anymore !
I just started dabbling in cards. Not trying to collect sets, but would love to represent every Warriors possible on the wall

Top Bottom