General Warriors Collectors Thread

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Can I come an watch a game at yours ? Never been to invers .
Promise I won't argue about whether fish was a better fullback than Locke
Or bring up how stoked you were when Bluey took over from clearly .
Any way good to see you still around .We gonna win the dammn thing one year .

Last edited:
Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Can I come an watch a game at yours ? Never been to invers .
Promise I won't argue about whether fish was a better fullback than Locke
Or bring up how stoked you were when Bluey took over from clearly .
Any way good to see you still around .We gonna win the dammn thing one year .
I gave up the Locke argument when I heard he was faking injury to not run out for the Red Devils. I think he was the start of the entitled little pricks who have ruined this club. No more natural talent please. Lets just buy hard grafters who give it every ounce of their being cos they are scared of being found out as out of their depth. I want Nathan Fiens, Ian Hendersons, Ngani Laumapes, Ben Henrys. No more Shaun Johnsons, Kevin Lockes, Konrad Hurells.

You hear me Warriors???

And as far as Bluey goes, I have the tiniest bit of respect for him now (the guy teared up when he realised how badly destroyed league in NZ is right now). His passion over the Kiwis failing is what we need. No more Kidwell (I used to think he may have the mongrel we needed)/Kearney blaise crap. I wanna see players getting screamed at, kicked up the ass, and stepped down for arrogance. I still think Matt Elliott had something in him we havent seen since. Unfortunately he was taken down by the entitled little pricks. He just needed the right assistants next to him to translate to the dumb-asses, and Cappy wasnt it.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Well to be fair Locke turned out more durable than fish
But im still pissed we didn't keep cleary I might
Have blamed you an everyone who agreed with your posts
For cleary leaving But I'm getting over it ..It might take a while yet .
But good work on your bar it is awesome .

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Well to be fair Locke turned out more durable than fish
But im still pissed we didn't keep cleary I might
Have blamed you an everyone who agreed with your posts
For cleary leaving But I'm getting over it ..It might take a while yet .
But good work on your bar it is awesome .
Thanks

Locke was more durable physically. Even with the long-term corked thigh, the damage he did with the posts, etc, but mentally he was as weak as paper. Fish not much better. I have to admit that even with Ivans successes and the Warriors failings, i have still never regretted us giving him up. I think he was tapped out. He may be a regular finals coach, but i dont think he will ever deliver a premiership to anyone. I think eventually we will stumble across the coach to do it. Most of the team will be sacked along the way though.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Yeah mate, born and raised... And stuck forever it seems. Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in.
I know the feeling. Its why i had t build my room. I have more hope of the Warriors getting a premiership than of escaping this town.

Reaction score
Vancent

Vancent

😔
Contributor
Reaction score
I know the feeling. Its why i had t build my room. I have more hope of the Warriors getting a premiership than of escaping this town.
Hey Nig great job mate, a cracking effort! If you ever get a second one of those navy blue Auckland Warriors caps I’ll buy it! Looks awesome! Enjoy bro, a great shrine cave.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Hey Nig great job mate, a cracking effort! If you ever get a second one of those navy blue Auckland Warriors caps I’ll buy it! Looks awesome! Enjoy bro, a great shrine cave.
Thanks. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Found the hat on Trade Me just recently.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If any of you are into the older gear, check out my instagram page @aucklandwarriors

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
If any of you are into the older gear, check out my instagram page @aucklandwarriors
Very impressive collection. A lot less disjointed than mine. I have an old kids Auckland Warriors sleeping bag that would go perfectly in your collection. Maybe you would be interested in trading something small that I could display? I can flick through a pic if you like. Quite good condition. Let me know.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Very impressive collection. A lot less disjointed than mine. I have an old kids Auckland Warriors sleeping bag that would go perfectly in your collection. Maybe you would be interested in trading something small that I could display? I can flick through a pic if you like. Quite good condition. Let me know.
Yeah bro DM me a picture on Instagram if that works for you.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Yeah bro DM me a picture on Instagram if that works for you.
Ok. Il give it a try. I only used instagram t see ur collection. Never used b4. Lets see how i go

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
As an NRL autograph collector for many, many years now, Luke has been a bit terse on that front for a while now. His whole Souths team were and used to make comments about them going straight to Ebay etc, which of course 99.9% of fans were not doing. Players like Lote Tuqiri refused point blank to sign for fans when at Souths. Isaac only signed his nickname 'Bully,' and it is now more of a scribble, he used to have a lovely signature. Having said all of that I can understand that it must become really monotonous after a while, but I have had player's ruin expensive items for me by their lack of care, which is disappointing. At the end of the day fans are the lifeblood of the opportunities these guys get.

I think in general the Warriors are one of the better teams at interacting and signing for fans.

Cam Smith is probably the most approachable signer. He takes his time and produces a flawless signature every time for big crowds, which is pretty admirable considering the sheer amount of people that crowd around him given his standing in the game.

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
I know this is off-topic, but thought people might find it interesting to expand on the above.

I came across an image of a 2007 Canterbury-Bankstown player procedure manual (not meant for public eyes) a while back. It stipulated to players all of the requirements of being part of the organisation.

It had a signing policy that among other things stated:

• All players must make themselves available for signing for 20 minutes after their match and on the way to the bus at away fixtures
  • Many fans were taking advantage of, and profiteering from signatures. (I guess this is where the player's "Straight to Ebay" comments come from)
  • Players should no longer sign with their real name, instead using that for official club merchandise to maximise profits for the club. This is the year that Sonny Bill changed from a beautiful signature to "SBW", El Masri changed to a scribble. Across at the Dragons Gasnier went from a great signature to a scribble that was different each time (didn't even look at what he was signing). Several other players started to avoid fans.
  • It also states to avoid fans who spread jerseys over a cardboard base to be signed mt.wellington
They then specifically name a fan who was 'profiteering' off there signatures. I happen to know of this guy - he is a Raiders fan with special learning needs. A pest for sure though.

Interesting then that the NRL obviously sent a directive around this time to limit the public's access to genuine signatures to safeguard merchandising profit.

I know Ebay has muddied the waters, but autograph collecting has been an innocent part of sport for decades. It is pretty disappointing to think of fans being seen as vultures by the powers that be. Especially those that are actually purchasing licensed merchandise to do so.

My collection of choice has been signed trading cards since before the Warriors inception. The NRL has kind of shot themselves in the foot because the volume of merchandising that they are doing has gone through the roof and collectors are trying to keep up. For me (now collecting Warriors only), I was trying to get about 25 cards a year signed in 2010. It is now 100+ a year to keep my collection complete. It is exhausting for collectors and players and born from corporate greed.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
That's pretty shocking if true.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
My worst was always Russell Packer. Could be a real dickhead to fans and was given the cold shoulder from him more than once. Always seemed to be in a bad mood. Looks a lot happier these days I must say...

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I have met Ben Matulino a few times. Always very stand-offish. You had to push him to speak. Always let some other player do the talking. For me, as someone who suffers quite severely from social anxiety, I can see it in him from a mile away. Im not a fan of havjng to work hard for the celebrity.

Reaction score
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Top Bottom