General Warriors Books

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Put this in the Simon Mannering thread but it’s probably more appropriate here...
950D5BAE-32AC-4708-ADF7-5BCAF0E001E3.jpeg

In 1995, the Warriors invaded the Australian Rugby League premiership - the first overseas club to be admitted - in a blaze of publicity and hype the likes of which New Zealand sport had never seen. The Warriors have taken their fans on a wild rollercoaster ride ever since, from the brink of collapse to within touching distance of ultimate glory and everywhere in between.
They have played to the beat of their own drum for 25 seasons. The NRL trophy has remained agonisingly elusive, but the club has won a minor premiership, reached two grand finals, produced some of the modern era's finest players and countless memories. Few New Zealand teams in any code generate more passion, debate, exasperation and excitement than the Warriors.
Warriors 25 covers the triumphs, heartbreaks, controversies and revivals that have kept supporters coming back for more for a quarter of a century. Sportswriter Will Evans tells the story of all 25 seasons - featuring interviews with some of the Warriors' most prominent players, coaches and administrators - in this exhaustively researched and officially club-endorsed book.
Through the exhilarating highs and gut-wrenching lows of the past 25 years, this book covers the on- and off-field events of every season, the club's memorable matches and important figures, a wealth of trivia, including comprehensive records and stats for every game and player. Featuring full-colour photography throughout and a Warriors 25-year Team voted on by a panel of experts, this is a must-have tome for every rugby league fan!

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Put this in the Simon Mannering thread but it’s probably more appropriate here...

In 1995, the Warriors invaded the Australian Rugby League premiership - the first overseas club to be admitted - in a blaze of publicity and hype the likes of which New Zealand sport had never seen. The Warriors have taken their fans on a wild rollercoaster ride ever since, from the brink of collapse to within touching distance of ultimate glory and everywhere in between.
They have played to the beat of their own drum for 25 seasons. The NRL trophy has remained agonisingly elusive, but the club has won a minor premiership, reached two grand finals, produced some of the modern era's finest players and countless memories. Few New Zealand teams in any code generate more passion, debate, exasperation and excitement than the Warriors.
Warriors 25 covers the triumphs, heartbreaks, controversies and revivals that have kept supporters coming back for more for a quarter of a century. Sportswriter Will Evans tells the story of all 25 seasons - featuring interviews with some of the Warriors' most prominent players, coaches and administrators - in this exhaustively researched and officially club-endorsed book.
Through the exhilarating highs and gut-wrenching lows of the past 25 years, this book covers the on- and off-field events of every season, the club's memorable matches and important figures, a wealth of trivia, including comprehensive records and stats for every game and player. Featuring full-colour photography throughout and a Warriors 25-year Team voted on by a panel of experts, this is a must-have tome for every rugby league fan!
That's a nice stylised front cover. Hopefully the Warriors hire graphic designers like that with good eye for detail ;)

Sometimes the best things are simple.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
That's a nice stylised front cover. Hopefully the Warriors hire graphic designers like that with good eye for detail ;)
Sigh I was gonna lay off the merch but the bastards have sucked me in with this book and the retro 95 away jersey lol

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score

Good man that Will Evans. Runs the This Warriors Life site online and on Facebook. Cant wait to get a copy...

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
I have multiples of just about every Warriors related book published. My aim was to share them around forum members with the only stipulation being that whoever held it would pay postage onto the next person who wished to read it. Never did get around to implementing it but did get most the books anyway. If anyone is wanting to read up on any let me know and lets get this revolving library kick started.

Please note this is only available for active or long time members. I'll make a list of the available books tomorrow and start some sort of booking list. If anyone wishes to donate a title to the cause let us know...

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Jeez admin I know it's been a slow off-season but moving a post about Simon Mannerings book from Simon Mannering to books is peak warrrioring. Anyway appreciate the work you guys do but sheesh

Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I have multiples of just about every Warriors related book published. My aim was to share them around forum members with the only stipulation being that whoever held it would pay postage onto the next person who wished to read it. Never did get around to implementing it but did get most the books anyway. If anyone is wanting to read up on any let me know and lets get this revolving library kick started.

Please note this is only available for active or long time members. I'll make a list of the available books tomorrow and start some sort of booking list. If anyone wishes to donate a title to the cause let us know...
Very nice gesture from you mt.wellington mt.wellington.
A member on here very kindly sent me a copy of Simon Mannering Warrior (won't name them in case they're not cool with it, thanks I know who you are)
I'll happily add this to the list and pass this on once I'm out of the bush and read it myself and passed it onto a mate that was also was keen to read it.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Jeez admin I know it's been a slow off-season but moving a post about Simon Mannerings book from Simon Mannering to books is peak warrrioring. Anyway appreciate the work you guys do but sheesh
Nice segway to the whole library thing and making another dead thread relevant. Any other brilliant ideas or if you wanna make a worthwhile contribution to this thread just let us know...

Reaction score

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If anyone is willing to put up a review of the books they have read or their top 3, top 5 lists etc it would be much appreciated. I'm looking for a starting point to know where to dive in

Reaction score
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If anyone is willing to put up a review of the books they have read or their top 3, top 5 lists etc it would be much appreciated. I'm looking for a starting point to know where to dive in
Start with Up and Over by Dave Hadfield. You’ll struggle to get a paper copy now but it’s on Amazon Kindle for about £4
Brilliantly funny book, based around a walk from East Coast (Hull) to the Mersey (Widnes) taking in RL stories along the way.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Start with Up and Over by Dave Hadfield. You’ll struggle to get a paper copy now but it’s on Amazon Kindle for about £4
Brilliantly funny book, based around a walk from East Coast (Hull) to the Mersey (Widnes) taking in RL stories along the way.
Google this as there is a video / film that Dave has put together.

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Great idea Mt Welly, but the only problem with me is I'm a horder once I have something that I like I can't let it go...
Lol. Good luck tho.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
These are the titles I have. Got a few other league books but they are quite rare these days so dont want to loan them out. Let me know if you are interested in any. If we don't get much interest in loaning them I might just sell them off...

Warriors books.jpg

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
These are the titles I have. Got a few other league books but they are quite rare these days so dont want to loan them out. Let me know if you are interested in any. If we don't get much interest in loaning them I might just sell them off...

If you end up selling let me know I would be keen on the steve price book and stacey's keeping the faith, the book I ordered they want $55 nz for it.

Reaction score

Herbie Hind

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
I highly recommend Monty Betham’s book, really enjoyed it. Steve Price’s book was Ok too, especially the section where he talks about the background to his shift to the Warriors. His discussion with Kevin Campion about the merits of the move was classic.

Top Bottom