Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Packer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nielson

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
edd

edd

I'm going with Nielson. He did a great job of tightening Manu's wing up on D during our short lived revival.

blcu2003

blcu2003

I'm going with Nielson. He did a great job of tightening Manu's wing up on D during our short lived revival.

It defys logic why Nielson was needed to do that - and why someone as experienced as Manu wasnt coached better to read D lines on his side of the field.

Friend to mind was the defensive diamond in the group. Week in and week out, without fail. & that game against the Titans where he played on with a broken jaw - incredible. Full credit and respect. That man has earned his pay cheque this season & and then some.

Reactions: 1 users
ryno

ryno

Friend isn't dominant enough IMO

Mannering is my pick of the defenders, how many times did the person he tackled get up writhing in pain.

Reactions: 3 users
rugged

rugged

Mannering is the defensive player of the year and nielson is the defensive coach of the year for telling Manu what to do

blcu2003

blcu2003

Thats true, Mannering did clean up a lot of the sh*t left over by Johnson & Hurrell. However, from what I recall, he had his Minties moments as well. Albeit that was more from dropped balls, silly penalities & lack of attacking vision.

edd

edd

I think Wiki's work with the rookies should get a mention as well... He's really helped our young stars out a lot this season...

I'm hoping next year will see some big changes to our U20's D line as well....

Xfactor

Effective tackles.......Simon Mannering.

Attempted tackles.....Nathan Friend.

Crucial tackles..........Thomas Leuluai.

Try-saving tackles....According to NRL stats, from our team is Kevin Locke....go figure!

Reactions: 4 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Manners all day. He's a fucking Kraken. Once he gets you in his grasp your going down.
Should rep Nz for greco roman wrestling at the Olympics.

Richie

Richie

Leuluai, but only because he gives 110% and punches way above his weight. Otherwise, Mannering for workload and efficiency.

Reactions: 2 users

Herbie Hind

Mannering. Always got his man, covered for others who missed theirs, and never gave up. He is the soul of our club and we'd be completely stuffed without him.

InsideBall

InsideBall

Effective tackles.......Simon Mannering.

Attempted tackles.....Nathan Friend.

Crucial tackles..........Thomas Leuluai.

Try-saving tackles....According to NRL stats, from our team is Kevin Locke....go figure!

When I saw the title of this thread, this is pretty much exactly how I broke it down, thanks for doing my work for me! :p

In terms of how effective the tackle is, Mannering isn't merely the best in the Warriors, I honestly believe he is the best in the NRL. It is scary how well he can put people down. Peter Wallace will have nightmares about Simon for a while after that game over here.

In terms of pound for pound, Tommy is comfortably the best of the rest. He just has amazing, amazing technique, that when you're hit - you stay hit. And this, my friends, perfectly exemplifies that attitude that Tommy has, that a number of others in the side seriously need to develop - defence is an attitude, and it's clear that TL has it in spades.

In terms of sheer bravery, no one compares with Nathan Friend. Every game he puts his body on the line in a pretty heroic manner. Truly inspiring player.

Sup42

Sup42

Mannering stand out

He is the Ali of the Warriors tacklers

However pound for pound

Thomas leuluai gets my vote

Floyd Mayweather

Reactions: 1 user

Xfactor

When I saw the title of this thread, this is pretty much exactly how I broke it down, thanks for doing my work for me! :p

In terms of how effective the tackle is, Mannering isn't merely the best in the Warriors, I honestly believe he is the best in the NRL. It is scary how well he can put people down. Peter Wallace will have nightmares about Simon for a while after that game over here.

In terms of pound for pound, Tommy is comfortably the best of the rest. He just has amazing, amazing technique, that when you're hit - you stay hit. And this, my friends, perfectly exemplifies that attitude that Tommy has, that a number of others in the side seriously need to develop - defence is an attitude, and it's clear that TL has it in spades.

In terms of sheer bravery, no one compares with Nathan Friend. Every game he puts his body on the line in a pretty heroic manner. Truly inspiring player.
Much better break-down than mine bro
clear.png

Isn't it a crying shame that we have 3 truly inspiring gladiators in our team, but rather than emulate them, most of the rest of the team just ride on their coat-tails.

Friendy is obviously a mental giant purely for wanting to go around with this team again. Hopefully next year we provide the success Nathan compulsively strives for!

Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

Much better break-down than mine bro
clear.png

Isn't it a crying shame that we have 3 truly inspiring gladiators in our team, but rather than emulate them, most of the rest of the team just ride on their coat-tails.

Friendy is obviously a mental giant purely for wanting to go around with this team again. Hopefully next year we provide the success Nathan compulsively strives for!
That ridding on the coat tails is a Cleary era thing.

As opposed to this year where Shaun and Konrad plus Glen have had to clean up their own shit.......Ivan had Manu letting in one or two tries a game....scoring one or two in response.....and secound rowers cleaning up his and others shit and hoping the balance sheet falls kick to Manu's way.

Quietly / not personally I used to despise the call of my fellow Warriors fans that Michael Luck is needed to clean up or we are fooked ( Manu / Johnson / Maloneys disgraceful sht should never be the personal responsibility of other players )

That Manu mentality is what has been wrong with this club , it predates that player

Reactions: 1 user
Fenderboy

Fenderboy

I see Michael Luck was in Auckland this week.Any chance you can add him to the list.Even though he didn't play this year I would still vote for him over others who did. We missed his attitude and experience big time this year.

Aencrypted tbn0 gstatic com images f9a654937821ab6c7efa68c7a0438ac4

edd

edd

Attitude is everything when your standing on the D line...

Can you get this guy Tommy, I'll get the next one...... Ha Ha...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I see Michael Luck was in Auckland this week.Any chance you can add him to the list.Even though he didn't play this year I would still vote for him over others who did. We missed his attitude and experience big time this year.

Aencrypted tbn0 gstatic com images f9a654937821ab6c7efa68c7a0438ac4
Presented Lillyman with his jersey for his 100th game for the club. Legend! I miss Luck.

1185263 629884147055982 993270060 n

Went with Mannering. Easily the best defender in our team. Theres no one on the same planet as him in terms of defence in our team.

The clean up work he does in EVERY game is just amazing.Especially around the ruck area. His 1 on 1 tackle stats are topping our team. When you watch him execute one he does it with a great deal of dominance and is most probably the best in our squad in the wrestle.

A lot of people dont really rate him because he doesnt always make the highlight reels but this guy is the real deal and deserves a hell of a lot more praise then most are willing to give him. Cant wait to watch him go nuts tackling his arse off in the RLWC2013...

Reactions: 2 users