General Warriors 2020 Restart.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Pleased to bits for the Friday 8pm NZ slot. Just a perfect start to the weekend. And, as the weather gets warmer the flurry of Sunday afternoon games to end the season will prepare us for the Grand Final heat! The Gods are aligned. It's our year! I'm all in.
Okay, who has hacked Old Sid's account.... this post is far to positive to be him ;)

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
15 out of 18 games (if the border with Aus is closed through September) are at most a 90 minute bus ride from home base to stadium.

They get a preview of how life is for the Sydney teams.
It's a nice look at what we have debated about a lot. Namely the travel. A shame about the injuries.

Hopefully it doesn't back fire when we go to sign guys they don't turn around and say screw that I could move to Syndey as most games are a short drive away and I can sleep in my own bed.

The 8pm Friday games could mean we get our frustrations out of the way early. When we have had the late Sunday or ANZAC games it's a late night venting.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
You know if the NRL gave the Warriors a $10 increase in the salary cap for every Friday 6PM Time/8PM NZ Time we've been "Given" since the slot began we could probably afford the 17 best players in the NRL and have a fair chunk of change to add to the playing staff cap...

Some sports columns have implied that the "novelty" of watching top-level sport being played in front of an empty stadium will get very boring very quickly. I have my concerns there. Normally I'm totally against "piped" noises/fake noises to create "Atmosphere" but it might be useful...Without any crowd noise to blend into, drums and banging will seem very much louder than usual (even if it actually isn't) and will become very annoying very quickly, so maybe just pipe in some generic "crowd roar"...

Would have liked to be playing the Roosters twice, but not a bad draw given the situation.

And of bloody course this Warriors Season Ticketer is All In. Apart from watching the league, there's a wooden spoon up for grabs in Fantasyland that I've got the perfect trophy cabinet for.

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42

demco

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 9, 2013
You do realize Aus has a Winter right? We are in trouble if we can’t handle 15-20 degrees better than 30 in the middle of the day last year that was the time we mainly got dropped into

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Na, that looks like the starting lineup with the troops available.
It's either Beale or Pompey on the wing.
Green will never be dropped.
And the forward pack is what it is.
Still cant see where or points are comming from.
Vuniyayawa looks in good nick, gotta work on ball security though. Watched Warriors tv Thursday and ayshford was talking about more emphasis on Egan out of dummy half keeping them guessing with sniping runs and fast service. Hopefully he's had enough time to recover from his shoulder surgery properly. Hopefully Nikorima and RTS can create with some speed and support play. I take a bit of heart that we competed with Canberra for most of the second game and heaps are calling them the benchmark. Looking at bits on the news and pictures at trainings it looks like green is doing a fair bit of coaching.

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2018

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
I ran into a Dragons supporter yesterday at the dairy, I told him they were going down, he just laughed and walked off. I reckon they are pretty confident.

• Haha
Reactions: Defence

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
I ran into a Dragons supporter yesterday at the dairy, I told him they were going down, he just laughed and walked off. I reckon they are pretty confident.
I’m going to chat to a long time dragons fan on this weeks pod. I reckon there’s some similar issues at both clubs, might be an interesting chat. I won’t tolerate any cockiness though, will cut the mike straight off 😉

Reactions: Tragic and Defence

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons NSW

Last Game

21 Mar

06-20
4.7 Total Avg Rating
4.5 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 10 ratings