General Warriors 2018 Season Review

What grade would you give the team for this season?

• A+

• A

• A-

• B+

• B

• B-

• C+

• C

• C-

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

ttkk19

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 21, 2013
a few really big eye openers for me from that article are:
1. While the right edge scored more tries they also conceded more as well
2. Our offloading was the "most effective" in the competition. This is something we've always wanted to see, a good balance of offloads and grind. It's nice to see that we're playing to our strengths.
3. Using the backs to do a lot of the yardage work IS a part of Kearney's game plan (or 'game model' as he calls is), which explains his use of Maumalo and Kata who have both showed deficiencies in other areas at times
4. The Warriors record for conceding tries after penalties was the fourth best. While this isn't something I'm overly proud of having hated the Roosters for so long because of their skill at it, if that's what it takes to win games and comps i guess i'm all for it.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
Some eye catching stats but...

How can all of Tevaga's offloads be effective? Pretty sure he offloaded in our 20 it was grabbed by the opposition and they scored from it... was that against the Bulldogs or Titans?

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2012
Hamilton
for my Warrirors review i gave them a B+

the season was a success for many reasons, not just the fact the team got back to winning ways after 6 woeful seasons

what i liked the most wasnt the players roster but the people bought in to help the team, (george , smith )most of all the new trainer Corvo, i did say to someone when he was announced that he would be our best buy for 2018 and it certainly showed in the boys fitness.

Green, Harris, Pulu, Passi, those boys made a big difference to our previous teams and it shows you dont have to go out and spend a million bucks on one guy if you get half a dozen guys that actually want to put the effort in and play for each other.

Bring on 2019, im picking top 4

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
Interesting that Fusitua had just as many try causes as Hiku, especially considering how much grief Hiku get for his defence
It is interesting I agree - probably the result of taking into account the try’s Fusitua scores, as opposed to Hiku.

Also Hiku had some games where there was a concentrated number of missed (Penrith) as opposed to regularly missing a set number.

Reactions: Hazman and Sup42

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
It is interesting I agree - probably the result of taking into account the try’s Fusitua scores, as opposed to Hiku.

Also Hiku had some games where there was a concentrated number of missed (Penrith) as opposed to regularly missing a set number.

Also Fusitua played more games right?
Could potentially argue Fusitua ones were due to covering Hiku maybe?

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Interesting to hear Kearney confirm that Hiku is a really smart operator in the defence.

So its that bouncing off tackle technique issue and the odd patch of Lazyness.

Pita go have a two week sleepover at the bro Dean Whare(s) Whare eh.

Get that brother to teach you to hit and stick....its another 100k on your next salary negotiation, serious dough....real bread Pita....BREAD.

Last edited:

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
It shows how close they were from being Minor Premiers. Winnable games against the Sharks, Titans and Bulldogs would of done it. Just lapses of concentration that came into it.

Reactions: Sup42

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings