General Warriors 2014 Stats

So, DCE gets the nod because of the better team around him, precisely...
I am honestly shocked that so many people are trying to argue Shaun Johnson has been better than DCE when Shaun Johnson, on this very forum, has copped a tonne of criticism throughout the last few years for his decision making and poor execution. In 2012 and 2013 he wasn't running the ball at all and the team was going nowhere. DCE hasn't had those issues at Manly, hes been consistent throughout his time there.

That's what the writer will be basing their opinion on, not just last year. They say DCE HAS been behind a performing team and lets see how they compare this year with a more even playing field, but based on what we have seen of these guys in recent years DCE has to be considered the better half. That is completely reasonable to me.

imo Warriors fans are just too quick to feel aggrieved.

How can one judge a player other than on current form, particularly when they're still playing?

Jarryd Hayne was the best fullback in world League last year. Does that mean all time he is a better fullback than Billy Slater? No, but last year he was by far the better player... Why bother comparing what two active players did three years ago, look at what they're doing right now... For Shaun Johnson to completely outpoint DCE in all the important halfback stats, playing behind that forward pack says to me that in 2014, Shaun Johnson > DCE. The fact that he completely schooled him (and showed up quite a few of his weaknesses in the process) during the Four Nations only acts as reinforcement.

How can one judge a player other than on current form, particularly when they're still playing?

Jarryd Hayne was the best fullback in world League last year. Does that mean all time he is a better fullback than Billy Slater? No, but last year he was by far the better player... Why bother comparing what two active players did three years ago, look at what they're doing right now... For Shaun Johnson to completely outpoint DCE in all the important halfback stats, playing behind that forward pack says to me that in 2014, Shaun Johnson > DCE. The fact that he completely schooled him (and showed up quite a few of his weaknesses in the process) during the Four Nations only acts as reinforcement.
Thats a good case you have made. DCE has been terrible in SOO and Internationals, the writer does talk about that though.

I dont think Manlys pack was as good in 2014 as it has been in previous years without Kite and Stewart missing most of the season, they'll lose more talent this year without Watmough and King.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
what is fairplay? another stats company?

Personally couldn't care less about any other company than NRLStats(sports data). They have the best and most accurate stats reporting that any company has ever done on NRL.
I agree. Also helps that they make them available to us mere mortals as well...