General Warriors 2012 NYC Squad???

• Thread starter slaughterhouse.sa_old
  • Start date

2big2strong_old

Honestly, these kids must not be able to comprehend the blessings that have been bestowed upon them. They've already got the skill and then on top of that they've had a pathway created for them and they piss it away like they've got better things to do. I've got a neph (one of Pats mates) who was in the 20's in 2010 and as soon as people on the street started recognizing him he thought he was Lil Wayne. He's too old for the 20's now, has no qualifications and will probably work the rest of his days as a factory worker in East Tamaki. He could've had it all. Dumb Kiennt.

All it takes is a little hard work when you're young and they have the opportunity to lay the foundations for a lifetime.

Viking_old

Honestly, these kids must not be able to comprehend the blessings that have been bestowed upon them. They've already got the skill and then on top of that they've had a pathway created for them and they piss it away like they've got better things to do. I've got a neph (one of Pats mates) who was in the 20's in 2010 and as soon as people on the street started recognizing him he thought he was Lil Wayne. He's too old for the 20's now, has no qualifications and will probably work the rest of his days as a factory worker in East Tamaki. He could've had it all. Dumb Kiennt.

All it takes is a little hard work when you're young and they have the opportunity to lay the foundations for a lifetime.

Yep and it's so fustrating to watch it happen despite all the advice you can give. A lack of mental focus is the main problem, they show a bit of talent and expect it'll all be handed to them on a plate. Out of my sons U16 team, 5 of the boys were fathers the following year, all talented players that have given the game away 4 years later.

The NYC has been a blessing and a curse because it's narrowed the window of opportunity for late developers. The days of a player like Jeremy Smith or Paul Rauhihi, who didn't play 1st grade until they were 24, are almost over. It also means that a serious injury can put an end to a players career before it's started.

sebastian_old

A lot of in depth talk around but the only comment worth remembering in my eyes is this one..
Auckland is the best league nursery in the world . . and easily...

Warriors have so much depth . . .

..which is indeed no doubt linked to the second comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

The Warriors might have to get some talent scouts out and about around the country. All the other teams have scouts hunting the nation for talent.

Wayne Bennett insisted on the Knights having a full time scout in NZ when he signed to coach.

Christchurch have always done well at their league. Southland and Otago have always struggled to get other regions to play them, forcing them to play each other 2 or 3 times a year and no other games. I would like to see some sort of South Island-wide tournament, perhaps with the winner facing a North Island provincial tounament winner.

Beeteejay_old

Looking at the profiles in the season guide put out by the Herald today, Chris Ofanoa is listed as being even taller than Sam Lousi! Saw him in the trials, and he certainly looked like a bit of a Lousi clone.

Anyone seen much of him? Is he a decent prospect?

miket12_old

He was in the NYC squad last season and is yet to debut for the NYC - he played for the Leopard's in the Fox Memorial. He's from Onehunga High and had played Union (Auckland U18's in 2009) and Basketball (I think he trialled for the Junior Tall Blacks) in the past.

slaughterhouse.sa_old

He was in the NYC squad last season and is yet to debut for the NYC - he played for the Leopard's in the Fox Memorial. He's from Onehunga High and had played Union (Auckland U18's in 2009) and Basketball (I think he trialled for the Junior Tall Blacks) in the past.

He goes alright . . but seems he got a rough deal from Otahuhu.
They are a top club, with heaps of depth. I seen him playing on the wing for their reserves.

Seen him play Jnr trials and thought he goes good though.
Better agility than lousi, still with some decent offloading etc.

He needs to transfer to another Fox Memorial Club like Bay Roskill, Manurewa or Papakura.

Where he can get more game time at top level?
Just encase he aint selected for the Juniors

Why these Juniors go or get sent to clubs like Mt Albert, Otahuhu and Howick.
Probably three of teams who have the best depth.

Ranger_old

Reading the Rabbitohs forum someone mentioned that they are close to signing "a warriors superstar back from their toyota cup team"

slaughterhouse.sa_old

Lance Sua Poe is playing for Norths their feeder club so could be him

Lance is a gigantic prop not a back.

The wont be able to sign a warriors back from toyota cup . .. the warriors would have option to sign them first.

But they would have to be after slaimankhel
or perhaps meads

jagz_old

Lance is a gigantic prop not a back.

The wont be able to sign a warriors back from toyota cup . .. the warriors would have option to sign them first.

But they would have to be after slaimankhel
or perhaps meads

Yeah I realise Lance is a prop. I took the word back to mean from previous teams cause as you say warriors have first dibs and its pretty early in the season

Last edited by a moderator: