General Warriors 2010

• Thread starter Matulino+Gavet=Slick_old
  • Start date

2big2strong_old

I won't say the only 2 positives of the season, but the two BIGGEST positives of our season has been the un-earthing of Kevin Locke as a first grader and Lewis Brown. Those two have been absolutely rivetting to watch, every other player we used was 'meh'.

I'd be happy to see Wade go altogether and not come back. Locke is 10x more dangerous with ball in hand and Wade hasn't even looked like breaking the line all season. I think this was the beginning of the end of Wade's career. It's a shame we only got 1 good season out of him.

insulinboi_old

Wont be the case, I'd be happy with round one being something like...

1. Locke
2. Kemp (if still here)/ likiliki? Vuna/Tupou
3. Tate
4. Moon
5. Vatuvei
6. Seymour
7. Maloney
8. Rapira
9. Hohaia
10. Price
11. Ta'ai
12. Brown
13. Mannering

14. Mara
15. Matulino
16. Packer
17. Tuimavauvae

Spence_old

I won't say the only 2 positives of the season, but the two BIGGEST positives of our season has been the un-earthing of Kevin Locke as a first grader and Lewis Brown. Those two have been absolutely rivetting to watch, every other player we used was 'meh'.

I'd be happy to see Wade go altogether and not come back. Locke is 10x more dangerous with ball in hand and Wade hasn't even looked like breaking the line all season. I think this was the beginning of the end of Wade's career. It's a shame we only got 1 good season out of him.

Apart from one of our tries of the season, against the Roosters ;)

PB_old

McKinnon hasn't looked as sharp this year and Locke will be a great player. I don't think anyone disagrees with that sentence, but I think his inability to make line-breaks, and Locke's ability to make more, should be put into context a little.

Hohaia has more than Locke. (17 App for 10 LB)
Ah Van has more than Locke. (20 App for 10 LB)
Mannering has more than Locke. (21 App for 6 LB)
Locke. (10 App for 5 LB)
Kemp has the same as Locke has (10 App for 5 LB)
McKinnon has the same as Locke has (18 App for 5 LB)

Overall, McKinnon streets him on averages for metres and tackle breaks. Beats him for offloads, try assists, and linebreak assists. They also have 4 tries a piece. He is also 10th in the NRL for metres, 2nd for kick returns, and 7th for tackle-breaks. Reasonable stats. He's not dominant, but there's not a Warriors player who is, and that includes Locke. Granted, Wade gets the ball more, as a fullback should, but this is not a picture of a poor year.

On defence, Kevin tackles more, but misses more and makes more ineffective ones. Again, it's relative. He should make more than a fullback and who would blame him fluffing the odd tackle with the amount of pressure the team has had to soak up defensively.

We are 13th in errors and tend to play ourselves out of games rather than fold. However, that is changing as we continue to leak points on our right from centres positioning themselves poorly and placing too much defensive pressure on their winger. Our defence overall concentrates on scrambling and not dominating. Funnily enough, we show a great pride in our line but that's of no use if we invite other teams to our goal-line to prove it and burn out from all the tackling.

I agree that Locke needs the ball, but there are other ways to do that besides permanently kicking one our best players this (poor) year in the nads. There are other nads that need kicking more.

We also need to see if Wade's edge returns next year. His injury should be a lot better for withstanding a season and he may be able to read the new half pairing's play better that he could Jones. Besides, why can't we get the best from both of them?

Time will tell, but it will be interesting.

2big2strong_old

Some good points, thanks.

Wade has lost his spark though. A lot of people have been blaming the forwards for not offloading but even when this was the case in the previous 2 seasons you'd still see him flash past the screen and it made you think "Man if they had of just got their arms free that was a try", I haven't seen that this season at all.

Viking_old

Wades' top end speed is fine, it's his speed of the mark and step that have been missing. He has been sniffing around for offloads in every game.

I wonder how much isolated plyometrics work the team does. The speed of the other teams killed them this year.

aussie_warrior_old

Some good points, thanks.

Wade has lost his spark though. A lot of people have been blaming the forwards for not offloading but even when this was the case in the previous 2 seasons you'd still see him flash past the screen and it made you think "Man if they had of just got their arms free that was a try", I haven't seen that this season at all.

What? Maybe you should turn the TV on then? Wade has been CONTINUOUSLY positioning himself for the offload or short pass. Maybe you are only looking for what you want to see?

In fact, this point has been made in a number of threads by a number of posters over the year. (Not to mention Viking in the post before me)

2big2strong_old

What? Maybe you should turn the TV on then? Wade has been CONTINUOUSLY positioning himself for the offload or short pass. Maybe you are only looking for what you want to see?

In fact, this point has been made in a number of threads by a number of posters over the year. (Not to mention Viking in the post before me)

Oh thanks for the tip. I shall remember to turn the TV on next time I watch the Warriors. pfft. I know what I see dipsh!t. Wade is ****ing sh!t.

ToiletDuck_old

Wade is sh!t...if we are going to be blunt. Tbh I'd rather lose Wade over Ropo...

Jesbass_old

Oh thanks for the tip. I shall remember to turn the TV on next time I watch the Warriors. pfft. I know what I see dipsh!t. Wade is ****ing sh!t.

Mate, I think this might explain your problems with your Wii. That darn power plug can be an elusive little blighter! :fencing:

I agree that Wade has lost his pace off the mark, but I also agree with those saying that he has been sniffing for offloads over and over. He's definitely looking for those short passes, but I've no idea if he's doing it less than in previous years, and if so, why that is.

ToiletDuck_old

He certainly looked like he was in the earlier stages of the season. He seems to have stopped...though given our whole forward pack has made 1 offload the whole season between them, I don't blame him. He's still crap though, let's be honest. As Lego_Man says...he's Wade Patten, although even now I'd kill for Patten over Wade...

2big2strong_old

Mate, I think this might explain your problems with your Wii. That darn power plug can be an elusive little blighter! :fencing:

Haha, this whole time I've just been watching my own reflection! How could I forget to actually plug my tv in when I bought it? No wonder the Wii is so pixelated, it's just me in my undies!

aussie_warrior_old

You should read up on Visual Perception, you're suffering terribly.

PS. The game is about to start, better figure out how to turn your TV on :dizzy:

aussie_warrior_old

Holy ****, Wade just followed up Moon for a 2nd phase play to set up a try.... was your TV on then? Probably didn't see that either.

Spence_old

Yeah, probably a little bit overboard. Ropati could have made a 100 great tackles today, still wouldn't change that he is usually a poor defender.