General Wade officialy a Warrior?

Wiki_old

I find this hard to believe because it is before the anti-tampering deadline but there has been speculation that he he will / has signed a 3 year deal with us.

He was given permission to speak to other clubs and it looks like we have taken him.

Pure speculation at this stage.

Now I really don't see us holding onto Webb.

At first I REALLY wanted him to stay but seeing there isn't much between Wade and Webb except $100,000 a season, I would take Wade.

We shall see.

Skinny_Ravs82

I heard the speculation from some one at LU, but he said he heard it from the Sky Commentators. I watched the replay earlier and they most definitely didn't say it was a official. It was just 'talk' from what I heard. I'm yet to see this in writing.

2big2strong_old

well. i will wait to see it before i believe it as i read an interview with him in a brisbane newspaper about 2 days ago and the warriors wasn't even mentioned. he was talking about souths. but if he comes and webb goes i will definately have two teams to cheer for as i consider Webb my favourite player.

2big2strong_old

also. the warriors complain about webb asking for too much. $300k a year. Rubes and Price are on $420k a year.

Skinny_Ravs82

2black2strong said:
also. the warriors complain about webb asking for too much. $300k a year. Rubes and Price are on $420k a year.

Rubs and Pricey are old heads in this league. Webby's still a spring chicken! :wink:

KeepingTheFaith_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
2black2strong said:

Rubs and Pricey are old heads in this league. Webby's still a spring chicken! :wink:

Not only that, but Price and Rubes were signed by previous management who spent too much on the top few players and left the rest of the squad unbalanced. That's what the new management is trying to fix and that's what's largely responsible for Webb not even getting a look in.

Samoan Souljah_old

So what your saying keepingthefaith is that we will lose good players koz of our previous management? ... if so that sucks big time!

MiXmasterreece_old

warrior_fan said:
i dont think its true cause of the anti-tampering

thanks for that indepth analysis. They should get you on the commentary team on Fox:

Rabs : "Fein scoots out of dummy half and dots down under the posts"
Warriors_Fan: "Cool"

Rabs: "It's 18 all with 10 seconds on the clock and Martin needs to get the conversion from the sideline"

Rabs: "In a big hit Toopi's head has come flying off"
Warriors_Fan: "Lol Cool"

Samoan Souljah_old

lmao!! @ mixmasterreece! ... he would be heaps mad aye lol ... FAUMUINAAHHHH LOL COOL LMAO!

MiXmasterreece_old

yeah he's the upbeat brightspark League administrators were looking for.

I have no doubt that Warriors_Fan is the saviour we were all searching for. Please make him a mod

Jesbass_old

MiXmasterreece said:
warrior_fan said:
i dont think its true cause of the anti-tampering

thanks for that indepth analysis. They should get you on the commentary team on Fox:

Rabs : "Fein scoots out of dummy half and dots down under the posts"

Rabs: "It's 18 all with 10 seconds on the clock and Martin needs to get the conversion from the sideline"

Rabs: "In a big hit Toopi's head has come flying off"
Warriors_Fan: "Lol Cool"

Lol...I think I just wet myself...

As for the topic at hand, the interesting thing to note is that there is no mention of it on www.warriors.co.nz - if and when that happens, we'll know it's official.

Skinny_Ravs82

Ew!
Jesbass go clean yourself up! That's gross!

No I think that analgy is wrong in saying that we'd just lose top players because of the past. I think in this case because of what Webby got promised before it all went done perhaps his manager was thinking that they can stillforfil that (lets face it sometimes people are greedy). But because of the old past the new future can't keep that promise so they have to do what fits them if the other party doesn't like that and are expecting to get something beter from the club then they have to be the ones to rethink

warriors4life_old

I would say it's probably more likely than McKinnon will sign with us than Webb at this stage.

warriorfaithful*_old

2black2strong said:

Yeah and because they are getting that money9which they deserve) thats why we cant afford webby for $300k