General Vulcans

bigstuboy_old

i heard something the other day that had me abit worried i heard the vulcans were having a hard time finding someone to finance them for next season and they might not be playing this would be a huge set back to the warriors with all that talent in that junior side when they get to old they might not have the vulcans to further develope there games and then the talent will be forced to go to another club

Jesbass_old

I thought they were at least in part funded by the ARL? In which case, there'd be plenty of money, becase the ARL rents out (or is going to rent out - not sure which) the land that was once Carlaw Park.

bringbkmeli_old

thats a major worry for the warriors next season, whats going to happen to the players who are left out of the top side? are they going to play for the local clubs?
our local comps are below par compared to the nsw cups....we really need the vulcanes to compete in the nsw cup so our players can benifit from a much higher standard of league compared to our local comps.

2big2strong_old

I thought they were at least in part funded by the ARL? In which case, there'd be plenty of money, becase the ARL rents out (or is going to rent out - not sure which) the land that was once Carlaw Park.

It's a real pity that it had to come to that (building ontop of Carlaw Park). I know it's what needed to be done to keep the NZRL and ARL alive and kicking but that was the spiritual home of New Zealand Rugby League. It was the Lang Park of Auckland, Mt Smart will never be the home of Rugby League. It would of been an absolute dream for some wealthy Billionaire to come along and develop Carlaw Park into a suncorp stadium style cauldron that our kids and their kids could go along to in generations to come. But at the end of the day this development thats underway will keep our heads above water for a little while longer.

bigstuboy_old

lets hope they will keep playing cause we do need another team to support the players that arnt ready for the top grade or too old for the juniors