General Vulcans v Wolves

LordGnome_old

From www.aucklandvulcans.co.nz

Down 12-10 at half time a fired up Auckland Vulcans turned it on in the second half to beat the Windsor Wolves 40-22 at the Windsor Sports Complex tonight.

1 Johnny Aranga
2 Willy Peace
3 Shaun Metcalf
4 Joel Moon
5 Atelea Nafetalai
6 Brett Seymour
7 Pita Godinet
8 Jeremy Latimore
9 Darin Kingi
10 Saulala Houma
11 Sione Lousi
12 Matt Robinson
13 Sema Mataora

14 Willy Heta
15 Mataupu Poching
16 Kitiona Pasene
17 Athony Gelling
18 Tulson Caird

Coach Ritchie Blackmore
Asst Coach Jason Lowrie
Manager Mick Lacey

Fazz_old

Good effort! Anyone got info on scorers etc?
Surely Mara is playing today then, he'd have played in that game if he wasn't getting a run I imagine.

Magic Stick_old

Windsor Wolves 22
Tries: A Taumata, R Walker, C Walker, S Earl
Conversions: A Taumata 3

Auckland Vulcans 40
Tries: A Nafetalai 2, J Moon 2, W Peace, P Godinet, M Robinson
Conversions: B Seymour 6

Apparently Joel Moon carved up,Also Seymour,Godinet and Lousi making strong impressions when the Vulcans went on a 5 try blitz

Last edited by a moderator:

Fazz_old

Moon carved up in preseason...it's like he gets too comfortable when he's named in first grade. Screw Seymour. He needs to play awesomely for 4-6 straight games to get another chance imo.

Magic Stick_old

Maybe Moon struggles cause he never gets the ball.specially with Mannering inside him

Ryan_old

I don't think it's Moon's offense that is the issue. It's his defense, or his contributing effort on defense, that got us split open a fair few times against the Dragons and Tigers.

Fazz_old

Maybe Moon struggles cause he never gets the ball.specially with Mannering inside him

I hope Mannering either pulls his finger out or we don't re-sign him when he's off contract next. He's been horrible for 2 years now imo.

LordGnome_old

All three of our teams won this weekend - that doesn't happen very often.

Fazz_old

Nice! Any idea why they're on all of a sudden? It's been years since the Vulcans/Lions have been on sky hasn't it?

David Bragg_old

Nice! Any idea why they're on all of a sudden? It's been years since the Vulcans/Lions have been on sky hasn't it?

Saw it advertised on 40/20 which was not too bad a watch this week

Spence_old

Awesome! 3 games of league that I actually care about in one day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fazz_old

Exactly my thoughts! Maybe the u20s rates well so sky are giving us even more league?

Spence_old

Let's hope they start playing the National Comp next! Well more games, anyway. I think they play a few on Maori channel?