General Vulcans v Knights

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

So whos left on the bench? Brown Fish Taai Lousi Henry?

My guess is that Fish will be 18th man. I can't see a purpose in him even being in the mix right now though.

Obviously Ta'ai and Lousi are needed to rotate our props, Brown will be 2nd row and centres cover, and i guess Henry will play a similar role to Brown. One of those two will switch out Konrad if he has a shocker, or Ropo if his knee doesn't survive, leaving the other to switch with Mateo.

Warrioraholic_old

18th man must suck, more often than not you never get a game...........

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

18th man must suck, more often than not you never get a game...........

In the old days it was pretty much waterboy, until retired players who couldn't really find a life outside of the game decided they would take that job.:cg:

Beeteejay_old

I'm still hoping he won't be playing, tbh.

But if he is, I'll wager you all your NZWD that he won't kick out any. ;)

Well, he put two out on the full in the first 20 mins, including the kick-off to get the game started! :m:

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

Well, he put two out on the full in the first 20 mins, including the kick-off to get the game started! :m:

I don't really get why they persist with him on the kickoffs, whe nhe keeps doing this. Why not just let someone else do it?

Spence_old

Pretty poor game, really. Lacking the polish that we had last season.

Fisiiahi - Some good touches, but didn't really break the game open. Should have won the game for us in the last minute, but knocked on over the line (was a somewhat tough chance, though)

Penehe - Nothing outstanding, but strong hit ups

Bristow - again nothing outstanding but was strong on attack and defense

Inu - NU will be pleased to hear he had a bit of a shocking first 20 minutes. Kicked two restarts out on the full, knocked on (although I call strip) and fluffed a drop out. Then second 60 minutes were solid though, but again not outstanding.

Collier - I'm not a huge fan, but he played alright today. Two big breaks, one an intercept and the other a sidestep up through the middle of the ruck. Terrible dropped ball from a drop out though, completely lost the plot lol.

Waetford - Some really nice touches, but isn't really a half from what I saw.

Godinet - Played very well, controlled the game completely by himself - all the kicking and play making - and ran it well. One stupid pass for an intercept try though.

Matagi - Didn't really notice, but a few nice hit ups.

Kingi - Poor distribution in the first half, but some nice touches when he came back on in the second.

Paasi - Very strong game. Fearless hit ups and punishing on defense.

Sam Lousi - I've been a critic of his, but he impressed me today. I'm 95% sure he played the entire 80. Great defense, pretty decent hit ups and a few nice offloads.

Ikahihifo - Fairly quiet, but some nice hit ups, one good line break.

Mara - Nothing outstanding, but solid.

Taka - Played in the forwards, very impressive. He hits the ball up like a mad man.

Daniel Palavi - Decent game.

Manu Mau - I like the look of this guy. Kinda reminds me of Gavet, he's big but very mobile and explosive.

Pretty poor standard of game all round, really - We had 3-4 tries disallowed and they had a dubious (well was on the other side of the field to me) try allowed. Definitely lacking the polish we had last year.

Beeteejay_old

The Vulcans had numerous opportunities to put this one away in the second half, but failed to capatalize.

Was quite impressed with a couple of the new Fox guys, Manu Mau and Steve Waetford. Fish didn't have a great day with his hands.

Norby_old

Pretty much sums it up for me beeteejay, opportunities missed by the Vulcans.

Paasi was a beast today, big d out wide and made some really good hit ups. Lousi put on a few big ones today too, Knights tried their best to wrap him up but he still got some nice offloads away.

Fox boys, Matagi was o.k had a few solid hit ups, Manu Ma'u was well Manu Ma'u for those who get to see the local footy, hard working working forward played prop then went to lock. Waetford was alright, I don't think i saw him kick though. Wheres Willie Heta?

Anyways heres hoping they improve during the season.

SMAC19_old

yeah 1st time seeing Mau & Paasi...both impressed with their workrate.
Mau very explosive when running.Inu, man the dude is a mystery..you just get frustrated watching him cause it looks like he's only goin 50%...has all the talent just needs to get hungrier,more ruthless in my opinion.

bigstuboy_old

Sam lousi really impressed alot of people at the game the big man played 80mins sure he didn't do alot on attack but his defence was brutal at times and he was all over junior sau most the game who is a test and nrl veteran. good start to the season from rusty bristow good to see we have another center waiting in the wings. tough start for the vulcs thought the reff was really tough on them at times kinda looked like he had orders to fullfill. DJ collier reminds me alot of krisnan inu just seems so casual he did some really good things. i enjoyed the game the vulcs almost pulled of some of the most amazing trys just the last pass not sticking .

Sad to see richie blackmore in the stands has his overseas deal fallen through?

Spence_old

Yeah, there were some great moments in the game bigstu, especially when Mara pushed the fullback! I laughed so hard.

BOOGEYMAN_old

I wanted Passi to play in the game against Manly...I named him in my team...He is mean!!

Chch fan_old

Run out of time to comment on here and will do so tonight but just want to say a big THANK YOU to Spence, Bigstuboy, Norby, Beeteejay and SMAC19!!! I'm a massive Vulcans fan so to get your guys thoughts and updates on Vulcans games!!! Cheers guys much appreciated!!!