General Vulcans team

2big2strong_old

Mara scores his second. Sounds like he stepped 30 metres to get to the line.

Vulcans 46

Wolves 4

Spence_old

Good work Vulcans. Glad to see our fringe first graders playing well. Mara will be pressing hard for Heremaia's spot.

ToiletDuck_old

Esp if he's playing as well as his two tries suggests.

I guess with Heremaia we at least know what we're getting and he's somewhat steady.

A Mara/Lance combo is a little bit of an unknown quantity, would get me hard though.

bigstuboy_old

mara was the standout player today his runs were lethal, bill tupou is starting to become a really handy center. poaching and gavet did great

Chch fan_old

Good to hear Poaching went good. Have always thorght he has a lot of ability but has sounded like he's had a slow start from what iv'e heard, haven't seen him play. Man we have some exciting young talent coming through in the fowards.

playdaball_old

I believe that Poaching has had a raw deal from the Warriors - not sure why he hasn't gone to another club.

sebastian_old

For the record i've heard Berrigan didn't play well, what a surprise. Also, sounds like Mara is starting to bang the door down. Although he should've never been dropped. Ivans reasoning for holding back Mara may have been Heremaia defense but thats been poor lately just like his attack.

Northern_Union

Can't say i blame Berrigan not playing well. He's played tests and origin. Been at the highest level of the game in the NRL and ESL.....and was asked to turn out for the Vulcans. I have to be honest, i wouldn't have put in either.

Iafeta_old

I believe that Poaching has had a raw deal from the Warriors - not sure why he hasn't gone to another club.

I agree entirely. He played relatively well on debut and like Daniel oregan and leeson ah mau before him hasn't had a chance after that.

Can't say i blame Berrigan not playing well. He's played tests and origin. Been at the highest level of the game in the NRL and ESL.....and was asked to turn out for the Vulcans. I have to be honest, i wouldn't have put in either.

Hes supposedly a professional fighting for a professional contract somewhere in the league. It wouldn't look good for him showing no form off the back of no form in first grade.

danpatmac_old

It kinda sums up his contribution so far... Must be hard to be an elite athlete in the final throws of your career. If he really wanted it he would go hard.

sebastian_old

I agree entirely. He played relatively well on debut and like Daniel oregan and leeson ah mau before him hasn't had a chance after that.

Interesting that those forwards, now Poching have been being ignored. Is that lack of faith in the Vulcan forwards a Ivan issue, or a club issue, do you think?

I know i've been waiting all year to see some of those young talented fowards, havn't seen any of them. Instead i've seen the likes of Latimore, some of those forwards are damn talented, we need to give them a chance. Not only Poching either, Gavet is another name.

blain91_old

Gavet was being considered until his injury, with Ivan saying he was going to get some time later in the season. Poching has been treated with very little indication he will play though. Shame, Latimore should be under pressure.

Northern_Union

Hes supposedly a professional fighting for a professional contract somewhere in the league. It wouldn't look good for him showing no form off the back of no form in first grade.

How old is he again? The dudes walked the walk and talked the talk. he don't need to be proving himself again at his age. I don't really think he cares how his form looks.

Iafeta_old

The story is he is keen to go around next year. If so it would only make sense to get the best professional outcome to perform well. Players who keep their chin up and perform can still get a good contract at his age.

Spence_old

How old is he again? The dudes walked the walk and talked the talk. he don't need to be proving himself again at his age. I don't really think he cares how his form looks.

Doesn't matter how old you are, you have to be giving something to the team. For someone critical of Ivan's inability to make tough decisions you criticise him for dropping an out of form player and asking him to get some form for the feeder team?

Do you think Wiki gave 30% when he was dropped to the Vulcans (or was it the Lions then?).