• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F---

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The try Ford got was so good. The runners round the back were such a threat that the centre had to stay out so it looked easy but that's a try down to having players in motion and a team effort.
Roger was one of the ones coming round the back and players know they have to watch him so it's Such a good play.
There was literally nothing they can do against that if we hit the right runner.

Last edited:
This. 💯 right. I’ve never been prouder of this club - not just the way we are playing and developing, but who we have become as an identity. It’s glorious.
There’s a soundbite they keep playing on ZB with an interview with Gordon Tallis about a kids tournament he runs each year with over a thousand kids from all over Oz playing for the Gordon Tallis Cup. The most common phrase he says from he heard the kids say during the tournament is “Up The Wahs”!!!

The try Ford got was so good. The runners round the back were such a threat that the centre had to stay out so it looked easy but that's a try down to having players in motion and a team effort.
Roger was one of the ones coming round the back and players know they have to watch him so it's Seychelles a good play.
There was literally nothing they can do against that if we hit the right runner.
I’m loving how, instead of all the players standing around waiting for some SJ magic and then reacting to it, he’s now reacting to them. He may not have the running game he had when he first played FG, but I think, this version of SJ is far more dangerous as the opposition just can’t afford to sit back and wait to see what he does.

Plus, how valuable is a fit Egan to this team. Those two tries either side of half time show what potential this spine has. Sorry to Metcalf and his legion of fans, but based on yesterday’s game, he’ll have a hard time displacing TMM. That spine yesterday was a thing off beauty!!!!

I’m loving how, instead of all the players standing around waiting for some SJ magic and then reacting to it, he’s now reacting to them. He may not have the running game he had when he first played FG, but I think, this version of SJ is far more dangerous as the opposition just can’t afford to sit back and wait to see what he does.

Plus, how valuable is a fit Egan to this team. Those two tries either side of half time show what potential this spine has. Sorry to Metcalf and his legion of fans, but based on yesterday’s game, he’ll have a hard time displacing TMM. That spine yesterday was a thing off beauty!!!!
TMM certainly grew in confidence the longer the game went on.First half was relatively quiet but was excellent in the second half .
Worthy replacement.Great options in the 6 jumper.

CNK’s interview after the game was so wholesome.

Nothing but admiration for RTS. And praising Webby for giving him the confidence and support he needed to succeed. Webby really does have a magical spell on everyone 🪄

Even the press conference Tohu looks so alert and attentive to everything Webby says. It’s like he’s got a secret crush on the guy 😂
Webster and Harris can get get relaxed and joke during the press conferences. I was half expecting when Tohu was asked about comparing Egan to another great dummy half he played with. The best of all time for Harris to turn to Webster and say he's not talking about Egan.

Even Webster talking about CNK was good. Has faith in him, proud of him that he got on the field as it sounds like the hamstring was a bit frustrating.

TMM certainly grew in confidence the longer the game went on.First half was relatively quiet but was excellent in the second half .
Worthy replacement.Great options in the 6 jumper.
Even when everyone is available I'm happy with either Metcalf or TMM.

They are different players and fit the team differently. You notice Metcalf more as he's supporting or running. TMM can be quite subtle, little classy moments when needed or filling in when Johnson can't kick.

He was getting more involved yesterday with some nice touches.

Just watching the Souths presser, I would be depressed if I was a bunnies fan. It's so obvious to everyone that Latrell is a cancer on that team, yet here is the coach continually making excuses for Latrell. Thank god Latrell will be suspended this week, because it saves JD from the difficult, but necessary, task of dropping Latrell from the team. They might need to hire Madge back- a tough bastard is what they need.
Wasn't there issues when he left the Roosters? I recall Mitchell stopped turning up to training as he wanted out or something. Wanted to play fullback and not centre.

He does seem to get special treatment. I know Bennett does it but he knows how to push the buttons on his players, when to back off or when to get strict.

The game plan of past few coaches almost killed my love for the Warriors. Two things really stand out for me about the current Warriors game plan in comparison to those recent sides.

The forwards consistently for 100m+. Gone are the days when our forwards couldn't bend the line and we praised stars who averaged 50m running a game for doing the 1%s

The support play around the ruck. No longer are halves were just standing back setting up the next play and the fullback exhausted from running 200m+

I think the most impressive aspect of this team is the way we are dominating field position. I think this is most evident in our final play the balls whereby Johnson will bomb with pinpoint accuracy the right corner of the field which is quickly supported by probably the best kick chase exponents in the game led superbly by Berry. Then the stranglehold begins wherein we rush up hard and fast on defense limiting their yardage and eventually wearing them down. I love the certainty of this final play and how well we are executing it.
Remember when everyone used to moan about Johnson’s pointless bombs?
Well it was the same farkin kick- he’s just got people chasing it now.

How good was it to see two very classy halfs and superb 9 and 1 playing for us. Allows everyone else to sparkle. Just imagine when we have a first choice 17 available. Awesome.

Uber-ed back to our central city hotel, climbed out in heavy traffic in the middle of the street next to a major intersection and the old Aussie concierge door man booms out 'Up the Wahs' . Everyone around started cheering.

An hour later, still in our jerseys going through the lobby we walked past a evening celebration with everyone in dickie bows and evening gowns. From somewhere in the middle a guy around 50, dressed in his finest did the same thing 'Up the Wahs'.

It's going full steam again, fellow faithful! 👊 and it's a beautiful thing!

Thought TMM was impressive in this facet too
Just watched the little highlight package - right at the end there's a detail which I found odd: holding Walker up over the line TMM has his mouthguard in his sock during general play, why would you do that, especially with all the elbows and forearms popping out at them the whole game?

He was great. 1, 6,7, and 9 all around the ball. What more can you say? they turned it on - pity the opposition really were very poor

Just watched the little highlight package - right at the end there's a detail which I found odd: holding Walker up over the line TMM has his mouthguard in his sock during general play, why would you do that, especially with all the elbows and forearms popping out at them the whole game?

He was great. 1, 6,7, and 9 all around the ball. What more can you say? they turned it on - pity the opposition really were very poor
Always fascinates me that Ardie Savea is the same regarding his mouth guard with the way he plays

Mitchells efforts on the line breaks was really poor. As a fullback facing a break involving multiple opposition players, the only thing you can do is close off the space on the man with the ball to try and force a mistake. Mitchell completely gave up on the first break and tried to hedge his bets on the other breaks. Souths will never win a comp with him at the back and he'd be the only fullback weighing in over 100kgs when the game is now faster than it's ever been.

also, for what it’s worth.
i reckon TMM had a better game last night than metcalfs best game so far, so pretty happy he got the #6.
He got more fantasy points than what Metcalf got and those are based on a stable yardstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back