General vulcans in a domestic npc

kiwi's 13-6_old

i would like to see the vulcans withdrawn from the nsw cup and a semi-pro npc comp set up with the vulcans, an auckland provincal team( or split akld into 3 sides south auckland, west/central auckland, north harbour/northland) waikato, bay of plenty, taranki, wellington, canterbury.

we need to stop thinking australia is the answer an grow the game in nz an offer players living in nz a reason to play the game and stay in the country.

i know that crowd of 500-1000 are possible and i heard the canterbury verses auckland game in christchurch drew a crowd of about 2000 the other year. get games/highlights replayed on maori tv/sky sports not live as it stop people attending the match. have local club game as curtain raiser to further boost the crowds. make provinces draw up a budget, revenue can be sourced from sponsors/city and regional councils/gate takings each province would have to market and promote thier home games. all teams could have a minimum $50 a game training allowance an $100 per player win bonus.

id also like to see the national club championship back again they brought it back in 2007 and i went to the game to see wanui beat papkura in front of a decent crowd of about 2000 people. this was an end of season institution back in the day and how people like gary freeman, tana umage etc 1st got to heard of by league follower from other parts of the country.

that about it except to say that if a country like france with less league player than nz can have a semi pro local comp why cant we? league is only popular in a few small towns and cities in the south of france an they have 10,000 registered players at best... if they can have a semi pro comp we should be able to get our act together an prganize onre of our own

Spence_old

I would love to see it as well, I fear that money is the issue though.

I would like to see the Vulcans kept though, these blokes are not too far off first grade, with many of them playing first grade previously. If they were demoted even further, to lower grades, I'm sure that their game would be worse off. They need to be kept up to scratch for when they come up into the first team.

Spence_old

Btw, just randomly - I see that I have Wairangi Koopu under my name... What's the story there?

ToiletDuck_old

Btw, just randomly - I see that I have Wairangi Koopu under my name... What's the story there?

It's to do with the number of posts you have I believe...like you start out as ball boy or whatever...

Spence_old

Okay, so can I chose the player, or will I uprade to someone better (no offence Koopu) in a while.

ToiletDuck_old

I'm not sure mate, I think you'd have a fair case given he doesn't even play for the Warriors anymore...

Better to ask someone who knows what they're talking about haha.

ToiletDuck_old

Congrats!!!! You have finally made it :)

God, you're only an International Captain too...and you're a good 500 posts ahead of me. Surely there should be some sort of change inbetween those values..

Spence_old

No worries. Koopu is better than a random international captain. It didn't even tell me what country I played for :lol1:

Last edited by a moderator:

ToiletDuck_old

No worries. Koopu is better than a random international captain. It didn't even tell me wht country I played for :lol1:

Well...if International Captain is before Wairangi...I'm Guessing it's captain of Namibia or something..

Northern_Union

i would like to see the vulcans withdrawn from the nsw cup and a semi-pro npc comp set up with the vulcans, an auckland provincal team( or split akld into 3 sides south auckland, west/central auckland, north harbour/northland) waikato, bay of plenty, taranki, wellington, canterbury.

we need to stop thinking australia is the answer an grow the game in nz an offer players living in nz a reason to play the game and stay in the country.

i know that crowd of 500-1000 are possible and i heard the canterbury verses auckland game in christchurch drew a crowd of about 2000 the other year. get games/highlights replayed on maori tv/sky sports not live as it stop people attending the match. have local club game as curtain raiser to further boost the crowds. make provinces draw up a budget, revenue can be sourced from sponsors/city and regional councils/gate takings each province would have to market and promote thier home games. all teams could have a minimum $50 a game training allowance an $100 per player win bonus.

id also like to see the national club championship back again they brought it back in 2007 and i went to the game to see wanui beat papkura in front of a decent crowd of about 2000 people. this was an end of season institution back in the day and how people like gary freeman, tana umage etc 1st got to heard of by league follower from other parts of the country.

that about it except to say that if a country like france with less league player than nz can have a semi pro local comp why cant we? league is only popular in a few small towns and cities in the south of france an they have 10,000 registered players at best... if they can have a semi pro comp we should be able to get our act together an prganize onre of our own

Not sure where you have got your facts about France from but they are wide of the mark. The Frenchies have been pushing hard to get the numbers up and moved from 15,000 registered players in 2006 to just over 22,000 as of the 2008 WC. The Ler One sides run on a budget of around $350,000NZD and the Dragons run on about $3,000,000NZD.

I agree with you about the local game needing an over haul. Not sure if we need to go with a club based structure or an NPC but either way it needs to be semi pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spence_old

Can I change it to anything or is only cool people like NU and JB that have non-player names?

warriors4life_old

You can change either the player name or the "Junior Member/Senior Member" thing.

As long as it's not too offensive ;)