Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Hmm seems like he'd be a decent get, but I wonder if he's in the mould of what we're looking at.

For me, he seems like a better Bunty - more of a defensive focused prop with pretty good D and does make over 100m a game, albeit low 100s most of the time.

He could go great in combination with the more explosive Marata, Barnett and hopefully Zyon Maiu’u and Ale coming on a bit this year too.
King to play 60 minutes and get 120+ and heaps of tackles a game, with Marata, Barnett and Zyon Maiu’u all getting a share of the 100 minutes of propping we need

Websters gonna know his work ethic so he won’t have grabbed him unless he was more than happy. Props don’t hit their prime supposedly till 26-27yrs. So couple years to learn our systems and develop before takes the AFB/Barnett role. And he’s and Auck kid. Guessing played at Marist like his brother. Less likely to pull the homesick card

Only real concern seems to be that the Knights are paying part of his salary to get rid of him. Unless they were in dire need of a top 30 spot, it doesn’t scream that he was valued by the club.
It is a weird one hey bro.

I mean honestly we would not pay freight on the likes of Ali or Halasima would we? and those are just two of our bright sparks.

It makes no sense at all.

Which is why I said is this a case of teachers pet...one of Websters favorites of times gone by, who therefore he believes he has the key that unlocks the lock.

It is a weird one hey bro.

I mean honestly we would not pay freight on the likes of Ali or Halasima would we? and those are just two of our bright sparks.

It makes no sense at all.

Which is why I said is this a case of teachers pet...one of Websters favorites of times gone by, who therefore he believes he has the key that unlocks the lock.
Something different in him from the outset is he adds some height at 6 foot 5, whether that has any benefit? Could be a bit of a Jack Hetherington type that can fill second row/lock/prop? Though Hetherington brings a real toughness and attitude.

Only real concern seems to be that the Knights are paying part of his salary to get rid of him. Unless they were in dire need of a top 30 spot, it doesn’t scream that he was valued by the club.
are the knights top heavy with forwards and needing to balance the squad in other positions?

"He was set for a top 30 spot with the Knights this season before the club needed to free up cap space and allowed him to look around"

Article sorta contradicts itself by saying Knights are paying a huge chunk in order to free up salary space.

Also confused as that implies he wasn't a top 30 player before so what are the Knights paying out? Nsw cup contract?

And does it mean he is on a top 30 contract with us?

Sounds like we should know sooner rather than later with BHU.
Be good to get resolved so we can move on to new targets if it’s a no go.
Sounds like dragons have got Leilua. They had full top 30 I had seen somewhere so must be letting someone go if they indeed do? To be fair, if BHU isn’t itching to be apart of what’s happening here, he’s not worth it. He’s had a great offer put to him and the challenge is laid bare.

I've read some media assuming Toni Tupouniua is a clone of his brother in that he's an out & out Backrower. Reality is in his 17 NSW Cup games he's never started there. 2 starts as a Prop & 15 off the bench. In 8 of his appearances from the bench he wore jersey #15 so that shows to me he's more than comfortable in the middle

Last edited: