Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Meh, we already have Alex Twal, and his name is Bunty Afoa lol

I don't think we need another tackle bot, and with the young guys we have coming through I wouldn't want him blocking that path.

I hope he finds a good place to land, that dude deserves to win some games, but just not necessarily with us.
Its a fair comparison. The main difference just looking at stats is bunty averages a measly 5.3m per hit up while twal is coming in at 10.4. Also has more tackle breaks and offloads and twice as many post contact meters.
Put it this way-I believe (could be wrong) that if twal was in our squad he'd be playing (and most likely starting) this weekend- bunty isnt...

Watched plenty of the Wests Tigers this year.
Twal has had a breakout attacking year.
He has always made good metres but this year has been a tackle buster and regular off loader
He's shaken off that robot tag for mine.
But if I was buying a Tigers forward it would be Shawn Blore

Pass on Twal.

I would rather the club bides it's time with what we have and focus on trying to secure someone like Fotuaika in 2025. The Titans will have difficult retaining him after resigning Tino and Fafita. Fotuaika averaged 153 meters and had a tackle efficiency of 95.4% this season. Also born in Gizzy and has rep'd Tonga. Would be the perfect foil and partner to AFB. Young too.

Pass on Twal.

I would rather the club bides it's time with what we have and focus on trying to secure someone like Fotuaika in 2025. The Titans will have difficult retaining him after resigning Tino and Fafita. Fotuaika averaged 153 meters and had a tackle efficiency of 95.4% this season. Also born in Gizzy and has rep'd Tonga. Would be the perfect foil and partner to AFB. Young too.

Yeah but different kind of players. Twal is the grafting hard worker with no fuss, and would be reasonably cheap. Fotueka would almost be a top 10 prop in the game, probably costing north of 800k to get him here. Based on the money we already have tied up in our forwards and the potential of our boom rookies, I don't think waiting til 2025 and also paying biiiig bucks for a prop is the answer were looking for

Short of getting an elite prop (and I doubt we have the cash) I’m happy enough with sticking with what we have and giving the younger boys an opportunity and learning from the old heads we have.

I like Twal but he’s at best a sidewise move from Afoa and Ale and would cost us more to get him to up root from Oz.

There’s some good talent in that NSW cup
team and the likes of Laban and Zyon Maiu’u should be better pressed to push their case next season.

You want Fotuiaka who is constantly making dumb decisions and errors we just got rid of them coming into this season, Twal doesn't make them and best Afoa in nearly every stat and attribute, very dumbfounded atm tbh

Last edited:
Walker wasn't wanted, Niukore wasn't wanted, CNK wasn't, Pompey was the next cab off the rank leaving the joint but stuck solid no name, Ford wasn't wanted at the Dragons, everyone thought Vailea was the next saviour but he's dumb constant decision making is why he is being ousted, which has me to lead Twal would do well under Webolution !

I swear this forum has reverse Stockholm syndrome when it comes to props.

When it comes to blokes we have on our books as depth (Bunty) it's we need to move him on, waste of space, what good is someone who isn't a game breaker, we need another alpha.

Then you lot carry on about Alex fucking Twal like he's a combination of Pricey and AFB! Tigers fans do not rate the bloke at all and see him as a loveable handbrake. The grass ain't always greener!

Walker signed with us before the 2022 season even kicked off & Niukore way back in November 2021. Neither was on the scrap heap, Nathan Brown & Craig Hodges just wanted to pay more for them than any other club would.
Solid signings & would still be in the NRL regardless of our offers
Not what was said in CNK & Niukores interview earlier in the year on One take no clubs wanted them

Back