Team List Vodafone junior Warriors vs Penrith Panthers

Reaction score

BHP

U20's Player
Reaction score
https://www.warriors.co.nz/news-display/Vodafone-Junior-Warriors-facing-NYC-table-toppers/56799

NYC football pits the premiership-winning Vodafone Junior Warriors against competition-leading Penrith at Centrebet Stadium next Monday.
The John Ackland-coached 2010-2011 premiers inched up to fifth spot with their solid 30-8 win over Melbourne last Sunday while the Panthers took top spot without even playing from their two points from the bye.
But there’s nothing in it with a logjam of five teams separated by just two points at the head of the table.
With nine wins and a draw, the Panthers lead with 21 points, Wests Tigers and Canberra follow on 20 points and Newcastle and the Vodafone Junior Warriors are locked on 19.
While the Vodafone Junior Warriors have been severely affected by injuries to key players this season they’ve been able to stay right in contention with eight wins and a draw from their 12 starts so far.
In a boost for such a vital contest, they could have a rare luxury this season of being able to field an unchanged line-up. The final combination won’t be confirmed until an hour before kick-off but Ackland initially named the same starting side used against Melbourne and a bench showing six options including Trent Bishop, Albert Vete, Nathaniel Peteru and Toka Likiliki who were the final four used against the Storm.
Ackland has been forced to operate without a host of players so far this campaign. Experienced NYC players Donald Tony, Sio Siua Taukeiaho and Siliva Havili are long-term casualties while Carlos Tuimavave and Omar Slaimankhel have also had stretches on the side-line; centre Braxton Stanley and Atu Tupou are out of commission and others such as Toka Likiliki, Nathaniel Peteru and Viliami Lolohea have returned from injury stints, the latter two only recently.
Lolohea lit the side up in his comeback appearance last Sunday with three tries against the Storm – earning him the players’ player of the day vote – while Peteru has come back to add more size to the Vodafone Junior Warriors’ bench.
Three of the team’s forwards topped 100 metres last weekend, Ligi Sao with 181 metres from 16 runs, John Palavi 109 from 13 and Likiliki 105 from eight carries; Bishop (97 metres) and Peteru (96 metres) went close.
In all the Vodafone Junior Warriors gained almost 1700 metres against the Storm in a match in which they dominated with a 10-4 line breaks count, an outstanding completion rate of 33 from 38 sets and just 27 missed tackles.
Loose forward David Bhana maintained his exceptional work-rate levels with 53 tackles as well as 82 metres from 11 carries. While he has missed one game, he leads the NYC’s tackling numbers with 422.

VODAFONE JUNIOR WARRIORS v PENRITH
Centrebet Stadium, Penrith
3.15pm, Monday, June 11
Referee: Gavin Morris

VODAFONE JUNIOR WARRIORS
1 OMAR SLAIMANKHEL
2 VILIAMI LOLOHEA
3 NGANI LAUMAPE
4 NGATAUA HUKATAI
5 PETA HIKU
6 CARLOS TUIMAVAVE
7 MASON LINO
8 LIGI SAO
9 EKO MALU
10 SIULONGOUA FOTOFILI
11 SIONE FEAO
12 JOHN PALAVI (c)
13 DAVID BHANA
Interchange:
14 TRENT BISHOP
15 ALBERT VETE
16 NATHANIEL PETERU
17 CHRIS OFANOA
18 DAVID FUSITUA
20 TOKA LIKILIKI
COACH: JOHN ACKLAND

Panthers Team has not been put up yet so I will add it to this post when it is.

Reaction score
Magic Stick

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Strong side...would like too see Omar and Carlos playing Vulcans thou

Reaction score

BHP

U20's Player
Reaction score
Yeah I think its time for the warriors to play Omar and Carlos in the Vulcans, and put Peta Hiku back at fullback. Maybe there worried about them aggravating their injuries.

Reaction score
Viking

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Meads is playing halfback for the Vulcans and Setefano is also named as 18th man so maybe the club consider them potentials for the 1st grade squad next year.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Meads is playing halfback for the Vulcans and Setefano is also named as 18th man so maybe the club consider them potentials for the 1st grade squad next year.
Good to hear. I thought it was a little tough on Meads missing out so much this year. He was real good for the juniors last year. I assumed he must have been carrying a niggle, to miss so many games.

Reaction score
Magic Stick

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Meads aint very good...he got the benefit of playing in a cracker of a side last season.Ill be shocked if he got a FG contract next year

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Meads aint very good...he got the benefit of playing in a cracker of a side last season.Ill be shocked if he got a FG contract next year
I don't agree. I think he was good for us late last year. Carlos went off the boil a little towards the end of the year and through the finals and Jordan really stepped up. Idon't really see any room at the Warriors in first grade, but I imagine someone will pick him up fairly quick.

Reaction score
Magic Stick

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I don't agree. I think he was good for us late last year. Carlos went off the boil a little towards the end of the year and through the finals and Jordan really stepped up. Idon't really see any room at the Warriors in first grade, but I imagine someone will pick him up fairly quick.
A club mite pick him up....In Auckland
No club wanted Meads for Toyota Cup until the Warriors gave him a look. He doesnt have the all round game too even get a sniff at 1st grade. He a poor mans Isaac John

Reaction score
OMG

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
A club mite pick him up....In Auckland
No club wanted Meads for Toyota Cup until the Warriors gave him a look. He doesnt have the all round game too even get a sniff at 1st grade. He a poor mans Isaac John
Terrible thing to say about the kid who was judged best player in the gf. his skillset on the day was well average,

Reaction score

BHP

U20's Player
Reaction score
Juniors lose 14-10

Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
They will struggle to make it three out of three at this rate.

Reaction score

Love league

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey Magic stick , can't understand what you base your comment on re Jordan Meads. He's had 2 games in Valcans in past 2 weeks , and I understand in last weeks game he was player of the day . On top of that theirs at least 3 clubs wanting his services . At the end of the season last year he was a standout , not only for the drop kick to win the grand final , but his try in the grand final was outstanding .. On last weeks game I bet he goes straight back to the 20s , one of the current halfs will make way for his return .last years game in Taupo vs Sharks , his try saving tackle on Stuart Mills ( nrl player) was super after been hit late . Look at the last 5 mins of grand final and watch his efforts .. I think you might be talking about another player

Top Bottom