Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Braden Hamlin-Uele will definitely be better than the average prop but……..

End of season stats when Cronulla’s season was still up in the air aren’t good.

According to league live app.
Round 23. Rabbitohs (a) win 26-16. Run meters 50m, tackles 19 from 21, 2 tackle breaks and 1 offload.

Round 24. Titans (h) win 36-6. Run meters 78m, tackles 23 of 29, 2 tackle breaks.

Round 25. Cowboys (a) win 32-12. Run meters 61m, tackles 26 of 28, 1 tackle break.

Round 26. Knights (a) lose 6-32. Run meters 65m, tackles 27 of 35, 2 tackle breaks.

Round 27. Raider (h) win 24-6. Run meters 80m, tackles 17-19, 1 tackle break.

Didn’t play in the finals.
I kinda hope he was playing with intense these are pretty average numbers. Bunty can do this for literally half the price.
BHU is below average, as are all the Sharks props. Anyway who cares, clearly no player swap so doesn’t impact us.

BHU is below average, as are all the Sharks props. Anyway who cares, clearly no player swap so doesn’t impact us.
The more I look at those numbers the more I agree.
Unfortunately we kinda need someone for 2025, I wouldn’t pay more than 450k for him, cause his numbers at other parts of the season are better. The only reason I even pay that much is cause he ain’t coming for nothing and we do kinda need someone. Otherwise nah.

I guess it comes down to what Webby thinks he can do. Those stats for BHU don't look fantastic, but when you look at how well the team performed with many having career years and others having good years, does the number of running meters double for BHU under Webby? Hard to tell but I'm hopeful who ever we get improves slightly under Webby

If you said AFB WAS a 10 in rankings ( 10 being the best) and there is realistically only another 3 or 4 in that group, who would you consider an 8 as a replacement target.,
AFB hit big numbers this year both because he’s awesome but he also played massive minutes.
Might get more rotation from our middles next season with the back rowers going close to the full 80, so impact per minutes will be crucial.

Yeah I agree- the sharks have a lot of props who can complement afb but none that can replace him- not even close. Thats why they went hard for him.
BHU is one of the most destructive props in the game on his day but thats few and far between- he just never seems fit and would struggle to play half a game- good impact forward but not a starter imho.

We finished sets by attacking the flanks, but I wouldn't say we moved far from the middle third for the most part.
Ok let’s keep it simple then - why are did the Sharks chase AFB? Because their props aren’t up to standard. If there is a bias towards playing on the edges then isn’t it more likely that’s because their props couldn’t make yardage?

Hmmm yeah makes sense but there’s no point in having cap space if there’s no one available, willing to come here, willing to stay here.
Our only hope is the juniors i believe
Yeah there's a couple of mid-tier props available for 2025 currently, with BHU probably the best of those available atm but I'd bet that we pick someone up who isn't off contract currently. My guess is closer to the start of the season nek year to about 7 games in. That's usually the time players expectations aren't always met and some drop lip, that's when we strike!

The issue for the Sharks was as good as their attack is, their middles couldn’t stop good teams rumble it up the park.

AFB is a great fix for them but I’m glad there was no swap, the Sharks have no middles worth swapping and we would have to have upgraded their contract for a player to come anyway.

I think the best prop who would most benefit from coming here is Joe Tapine. We're much more likely to win in the next 3 years than Canberra. I say throw the $1 mil at him and cut Pompey. I know that's a bit savage, but I think Leiataua has more promise and I'd rather a cheap junior.

Back