Internationals Villasanti On Those "Thief" Rumours

Jesbass_old

From www.radiosport.co.nz:

Richard Villasanti has addressed rumours that he stole money from Kangaroo teammates on the 2003 tour

Cronulla prop Richard Villasanti has spoken for the first time about being branded a thief on the 2003 Kangaroo rugby league tour.

Villasanti, who makes his run-on debut for the Sharks against Parramatta on Saturday, has denied stealing more than $5000 from the rooms of teammates, saying the innuendo that he was the culprit hurt him deeply.

Based in New Zealand at the time, the former Warriors player had been something of an outsider on the tour, and had been mentioned in many circles, though never officially, as the likely thief.

An investigation by the Australian Rugby League (ARL) did not determine who the thief was, but Villasanti says "mud sticks - and it has ever since."

Jesbass_old

commonsense said:
first time ive heard of that.

It's not the first time I've heard about the incident in question, but I had no idea that Richard Villasanti had been implicated.

*Kimmy*_old

Why was Villa the only one to blame??..was it because he was a Warrior at the time?? Thats the first thought that came to my head tbh.

Jesbass_old

Go_The_Doggies said:
Why was Villa the only one to blame??..was it because he was a Warrior at the time?? Thats the first thought that came to my head tbh.

www.radiosport.co.nz said:
Based in New Zealand at the time, the former Warriors player had been something of an outsider on the tour...

That might help to answer your question. Of course, that only raises another question: why was Villasanti an outsider on the tour? :lol:

*Kimmy*_old

Wonder if Pricey was an outsider on the tour last year eh??

Its pathetic. They shouldnt have outsiders on the tour because they dont play for a aussie based NRL team.

You don't see Brentus being an outsider because he was born in aussie??

Jesbass_old

Go_The_Doggies said:

Its pathetic. They shouldnt have outsiders on the tour because they dont play for a aussie based NRL team.

It may have had nothing to do with his club allegiance. It may have just been a personality clash of sorts. :?

*Kimmy*_old

Jesbass said:
Go_The_Doggies said:

It may have had nothing to do with his club allegiance. It may have just been a personality clash of sorts. :?
I don't know maybe??..but you never know.

I seriously don't think he did it. Why would he need nor want too :|

Tajhay_old

it was heavily alluded to that villa was the culprit when the incidents happened. cant remember whether it was one of the players or someone in the arl, but they said the player was the only player from his team in the squad and he was from a non sydney team.

that left villa as the odd one out.

commonsense_old

i did hear shane webcke had a bit of beef with villa during the tour esp after the infamous hit villa did on webcke. but webcke said all was good when he got to know villa.