General Villa the Gorilla

*Kimmy*_old

What was he doing playing in the batercard cup last night!!

He is ment to be injured isnt he?

*taps foot*

-Dr.J-_old

Maybe they knew Ropati was coming back, and after a positional rethink threw that in as a bit of gamesmanship?

waipiro_old

As i understand it he stood himself down, after being selected in the 18, as he said he was carrying an injury.

edguy_old

Uncertainty surrounded Richard Villasanti last night, as it was disputed that he had ruled himself out of the Warriors game against Souths - only to play for the Canterbury Bulls in the curtain-raiser.

The club issued a press release on Thursday to say the 25-year-old former Kangaroos prop had ruled himself out of the match but he refuted that last night.

"I didn't pull myself out," an indignant Villasanti declared. "You read into that what you want."

Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah was intrigued by Villasanti's response but said: "There is no dispute with the club."

Villasanti has struggled with injuries for some time and is well down the pecking order at the Warriors with Steve Price, Ruben Wiki, Evarn Tuimavave, Sam Rapira and Ephalame Lauaki (before he got injured) ahead of the one-test prop.

He was also told he could look for another club when the salary cap saga emerged but Villasanti decided to stay and many have questioned his attitude