Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

I’ll post my team next week. Judging by some responses here there’s some solid coaches here, and I want that number 1 spot lol. Next week, I’ll explain my team pre trades, why I chose certain players & advice for you new guys moving forward. The feedback given so far is spot on. I’m very, very deep in fantasy. In that it takes up a lot of my days haha.

What I will do, is give advice on cashies. Hughes, salmon, strange, burbo are must haves. Levi, chan, cotric are ok options, but have risk. I have a combo of these.

Mid rangers are niu, rapana, rts, papi, luki, cotter, tatola, wong, hutch, sitili, cheese.

Guns are the expensive players. Grant, Cleary, hynes, hopgood etc.

Mix and match with these.

Recommendation is 4-6 cheapies (sub 350k)

2-4 guns.

The rest are mid rangers you see value in.

That’s all I’ll give away for now, I’ll post my team next week after round 1 completed and explain my choices
Once the bug bites it bites deep. It’s so good having another place to chat about this. For some reason my partner doesn’t seem to want to chat about it all week the way I do haha.

I’ll post my team next week. Judging by some responses here there’s some solid coaches here, and I want that number 1 spot lol. Next week, I’ll explain my team pre trades, why I chose certain players & advice for you new guys moving forward. The feedback given so far is spot on. I’m very, very deep in fantasy. In that it takes up a lot of my days haha.

What I will do, is give advice on cashies. Hughes, salmon, strange, burbo are must haves. Levi, chan, cotric are ok options, but have risk. I have a combo of these.

Mid rangers are niu, rapana, rts, papi, luki, cotter, tatola, wong, hutch, sitili, cheese.

Guns are the expensive players. Grant, Cleary, hynes, hopgood etc.

Mix and match with these.

Recommendation is 4-6 cheapies (sub 350k)

2-4 guns.

The rest are mid rangers you see value in.

That’s all I’ll give away for now, I’ll post my team next week after round 1 completed and explain my choices
I’ve been doing this for years too.
Look forward to seeing your team.
I am still tweaking too.

I’ve currently got five Raiders so mine clearly needs work.
Five Raiders.
OMG(no disrespect).
Strange has to be in.
Smithies perhaps but he’s not that cheap and he might only play 50 metres.
I think I still have Mariota and he is on the bench but way cheaper than Smithies.
If you have Cotric he is cheap as but is a Fantasy fail.

Five Raiders.
OMG(no disrespect).
Strange has to be in.
Smithies perhaps but he’s not that cheap and he might only play 50 metres.
I think I still have Mariota and he is on the bench but way cheaper than Smithies.
If you have Cotric he is cheap as but is a Fantasy fail.
It was six briefly haha. Yeah Cotric is one. I think I needed another cheapie and the center WFB is super handy. But the lack of value really makes him a no go. Was an amazing looper late last season though.
Could go full wildcard and get Galvin. Jamie Brown seems to think he’s worth the risk.

Okay, I’ve realised it’s not cheating asking this. But I have a terrible wfb selection. Locked in are Tommy turbo and Ryan papenhoisen, I have 330k left for a wfb. My other wfb is seb Kris. Go do some research and report back

Okay, I’ve realised it’s not cheating asking this. But I have a terrible wfb selection. Locked in are Tommy turbo and Ryan papenhoisen, I have 330k left for a wfb. My other wfb is seb Kris. Go do some research and report back
Seb Kris on bench and bostsock starting

You have Kini?
Also that’s really not that weak when it comes to WFB. It’s the start of the season you can’t have guns everywhere. Also nice choice with Turbo. He’s looking great.

Can someone explain the looping to me. I have heard about it and seems every veteran bar me does it.

Can someone explain the looping to me. I have heard about it and seems every veteran bar me does it.
Looping is complicated and its probably best to search youtube for a video on it or find an article about it.
Basically you use a player you know wont play to get to see another players score before you commit to it.
If you have two players and you cant decide which will score better you put the player that plays first in the first EMG slot (18) and the other player in the second EMG slot (19). You put a player "looper" who you know wont play into the last reserves spot (17). You then wait till the first player (18) has finished their game and if they score well you don't touch your team and that players score will be added to your total. If they score badly you swap the second player (19) with the player "looper" who isnt playing and you will get whatever score that player gets instead of the player who played first.
Thats the most basic loop you can do. They can get quite a bit more complicated than that and if I'm doing a tricky one i will often get my buddies to double check it for me.

Three things to remember though.

1, your loopers team has to play after at least one of the player you want to loop. Players that have a bye make the best loopers since they are considered to play last. You have to make the swap before the "looper" and the second player plays. If either match starts the first player is locked in.
2, you have to get your timing right. Sometimes you only a have a few minutes between games to do the swap and forgetting to swap the players can cost you. I forgot to do one last season that cost me about 50 points and a head to head.
3, You have to be pretty sure the looper wont play. If the looper plays you get stuck with their points.

If you want post in here or DM me any loops you are considering and i will check over them to make sure they will work.

If anyone wants a better explanation I can post a proper guide in here I found online.

Just for clarity I don’t have kini, but you’ve kind of backed yourself in a position of no option
A play with Kini could be to keep enough money in the bank to go straight to Cambell when he comes back.