General Vatuvei out, Toddy in.

JonB_old

That sucks, I would of liked to of seen Ah Van, has Toddy been playing bartercard cup matches?

PHANTOM MENACE_old

I was looking forward to seeing Covell poo his pants with Manu running at him. Byrne a handy replacement who better get involved

KeepingTheFaith_old

Is Ah Van even available again yet? Byrne will go ok. He'll clean up at the back, defend well, but this season he's lacked the ability to find the tryline like he did so often in 2005. Sometimes he doesn't even look like getting close.

Skinny_Ravs82

Not even close!

Look I am a big fan of the guy but even his efforts this year ticks me off!

sebastian_old

Byrne has lost his his mojo, who knows how, top tryscorer to a nobody, its pretty rare at his age. Surely it must be injury. this is bad news manu is one of our best every week.

MiXmasterreece_old

would of liked to have seen ah van or vuna, i dont feel that ol skinny is offering us anything naymore with the quality of outside back we have in the ranks.

I fear that if we persist with skinny that the likes of vuna nad ah van may leave and look elsewhere

warriors4life_old

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Byrne is going to have a great game and keep his spot for the following week, but maybe thats too bold.

IanR_old

Maybe hes been off long enough for the injury to get itself sorted and he can be more than a passenger.

Skinny_Ravs82

warriors4life said:
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Byrne is going to have a great game and keep his spot for the following week, but maybe thats too bold.

To me, as long as he has a sound game which doesn't include messing up at any point I'll be happy

playdaball_old

Dear I say it ... Manu is very injury prone. I'm unsure of how many games he has played over the past two seasons vs. games available.

Why?

JonB_old

Yeah I think Toddy know it is do or die at this stage, we might see the best from him this week.

mosh_old

The only reason could be, that Byrne was going over anyway and that Cleary could not put in Vuna who probably has not trained with the Warriors this week..

mosh_old

Im sure he would be part of an extended squad that travels over with the 18th man...
Especially since Price never returned from Australia this week, im sure they spent the airfare on Byrne.

Esoj_old

who knows reallly. but byrne is there now and manu is gone with a hammy injury.

byrne maybe struggling like the whole team is on attack. there is no S jones anymore in the 7 jumper. hopefully byrne can re-discover his form and be over whatever injury he seemed to be carrying.