General Vagana Signs with Souths, Crowe woos Asotasi

BigD_old

Nigel Vagana has signed with Souths for next year.

He will join David Kidwell at Souths for next season.

And Russell Crowe has been making calls to Asotasi
to join the Rabbitohs as well...

Quite a few Kiwis signing with Souths...

Maybe they may loose the "BUNNIES" tag next year..

MiXmasterreece_old

Judging by Crowes comments to Eric Watson I'm surprised Crowe isnt just buying 'white bread'.

Big Fobsta_old

The Rabbitohs could possibly field a side like the following next year if Russell Crowe gets his way -

1. David Peachey
2. Shannon Hegarty
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Nathan Merritt
6. Jason Smith
7. Joe Williams
8. David Faalogo
9. Shane Walker
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Joe Galuvao
12. David Kidwell
13. John Sutton

14. Dean Widders
15. Mark Minichiello
16. Peter Cusack
17. Manase Manuokafoa

one-eyed-warrior_old

Again I ask how the hell do they stay under the cap with that much talent????. The rabbit stew smells fishy.

Paul Holmes_old

one-eyed-warrior said:
Again I ask how the hell do they stay under the cap with that much talent????. The rabbit stew smells fishy.
at the moment they have no talent! plenty of money to throw around

warriorfaithful*_old

Paul Holmes said:
one-eyed-warrior said:

Yeah but i agree wit one-eyed-warrior!! Theyve got players on 1 million dollar salaries and we cant even keep one player(webby) for $300,000!!!
Why have they got all this money to be buying all this talent!!!! Someone explain!!!!

Samoan Souljah_old

I agree with the comments he made why is he signing darkies for?? ... if they get Asotasi they should be able to field a decent team next season ...

Jesbass_old

warriorfaithful* said:
Paul Holmes said:
one-eyed-warrior said:

Yeah but i agree wit one-eyed-warrior!! Theyve got players on 1 million dollar salaries and we cant even keep one player(webby) for $300,000!!!
Why have they got all this money to be buying all this talent!!!! Someone explain!!!!

Care to name which of their players are on $1 million dollar salaries? :?

The Rabbitohs are the only club that don't regularly breach the salary cap. In fact, they have been reported, (by their CEO Shane Richardson), to regularly come nowhere near it.

Tyrael_old

whoever the player getting $1 mill is problem over several years, maybe 4-5. they just say $1mill so it sounds like wow.

They needed talent at the bunnies, so they started to buy better players, they also need a good coach too. the increase to the salary cap definately helps. As long as the 'other' crowe doesn't step in i think the rabbitohs might actually win more than 2 games a season

sebastian_old

I thought crowe hated "coconuts" now he expects them to bleed for him. Jeez i hate that egotistical pr**k!! I bet he'd have slaves if he could.

Jesbass_old

Tyrael said:
As long as the 'other' crowe doesn't step in i think the rabbitohs might actually win more than 2 games a season

Too late. I think Martin is already on the board.

Northern_Union

Big Fobsta said:
The Rabbitohs could possibly field a side like the following next year if Russell Crowe gets his way -

1. David Peachey
2. Shannon Hegarty
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Nathan Merritt
6. Jason Smith
7. Joe Williams
8. David Faalogo
9. Shane Walker
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Joe Galuvao
12. David Kidwell
13. John Sutton

14. Dean Widders
15. Mark Minichiello
16. Peter Cusack
17. Manase Manuokafoa

This is a team that can make the final 8. I wouldn't want to bet against them.

2big2strong_old

Big Fobsta said:

1. David Peachey
2. Shannon Hegarty
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Nathan Merritt
6. Jason Smith
7. Joe Williams
8. David Faalogo
9. Shane Walker
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Joe Galuvao
12. David Kidwell
13. John Sutton

14. Dean Widders
15. Mark Minichiello
16. Peter Cusack
17. Manase Manuokafoa

I don't think thats a potential team uso, that's just a team of people Rabbits are interested in. they wont get Widders AND Asotasi, maybe one or the other, and they certainly won't get Jason Smith. Adam Mac says unless they get a world class halfback he's going to a team that does. Minichiello is off contract and looking at Titans as well.

BiG_BoLooMBa_old

2black2strong said:
Big Fobsta said:

1. David Peachey
2. Shannon Hegarty
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Nathan Merritt
6. Jason Smith
7. Joe Williams
8. David Faalogo
9. Shane Walker
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Joe Galuvao
12. David Kidwell
13. John Sutton

14. Dean Widders
15. Mark Minichiello
16. Peter Cusack
17. Manase Manuokafoa

I don't think thats a potential team uso, that's just a team of people Rabbits are interested in. they wont get Widders AND Asotasi, maybe one or the other, and they certainly won't get Jason Smith. Adam Mac says unless they get a world class halfback he's going to a team that does. Minichiello is off contract and looking at Titans as well.

if they do sign dean widders i would say he would be in the starting line up. i believe one of the factors that he would change clubs is because he would like more time than he previously gets. maybe look at dean widders in the centres, plenty of speed, brains and good defense. especially with a classy back row that will include kidwell, galuvao and fa'alogo and the fact that they wont be signing the mad dog for next year as they have already stated they have no interest in him.

sebastian_old

RS_Dragon said:
Big Fobsta said:

1. David Peachey
2. Shannon Hegarty
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Nathan Merritt
6. Jason Smith
7. Joe Williams
8. David Faalogo
9. Shane Walker
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Joe Galuvao
12. David Kidwell
13. John Sutton

14. Dean Widders
15. Mark Minichiello
16. Peter Cusack
17. Manase Manuokafoa

This is a team that can make the final 8. I wouldn't want to bet against them.

Adam m, luke m, m minichiello, todd polglase & a few more will defenitly be leaving. I seriously doubte they will get asotasi, but they will probably get widders.

*Kimmy*_old

If Roy goes to souths im officially hating Russell Crowe!!

I dont want roy to leave..he is one of my favourite players!!

I hate this time of year :(:(

warriors4life_old

Yeah, Souths could have a pretty handy team next year. The NRL will have to find some new whipping boys.

Bulldog_old

Thats good money for Nigel..considering that he is coming close to the end of his career.

*Kimmy*_old

Blah...Luke Patten has signed with the Bulldogs..more and more of a more chance roy will leave..and now this means Cutler may not sign..ffs Cutler is awesome for the future