Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
I think the talk of shelving TMM is unwarranted.

He took time at the start of the season and was building nicely when the injury happened.

He looked like he needed that time again and what a tough ask to come back and play finals footy.

Defensively solid and nice link play. No surprises Montoya starts scoring trys again once TMM came back to the left.
I agree. His defence is enough to wait to his attack to come right. The issue is his pace... SJ + TMM doesnt seem as threatening as SJ and Metcalf
Carrigan was interchanged off at 49 minutes and stayed on the bench. Harris only had a brief spell before coming back on for the final 20 minutes and ended up playing nearly the full 80. Every club would want Carrigan, but equally every club would want a player the calibre of Tohu Harris.
apologies you are correct. My post should have reflected it was the ~ 50th.

And yes I agree on both points. I am in no way slighting Tohu, he is elite. But that's part of the problem. He is so crucial both on attack and defence, that the minute he slows up, we are effected greatly. My point is that his body is forcing him to slow up more and more.

Last edited:
Daniel Saifiti on $950k per year…would need the Knights to pay a lot of that. At 120m per game it would be a no thanks from me.
Agree, knights would have to pay a lot of freight for us to take him. I don’t think that will happen as one of the desperate clubs (Bulldogs) would take over his $950k contract

How much is Saifiti supposed to be earning? Zero tackle has him at 750k a year where there's talk of him earning almost 900k a year from nek year?

I think I'd offer Knights we'd take his contract over for the Nek 3 years at 600k a year. Would be a great prop at that money, and frees up that much for Newcastle...win win for everyone

We are getting rid of Vailea and the second Kepu and will have cap space for a marquee player… that’s how the Roosters do it isn’t it?
We just need to be somewhere in the top 8 by the midway point of the season, then when we hear that a disgruntled player from a club with a sacked coach wants to leave we pick them up at $2000 a game and charge into the finals. Still trying to figure out how we trick them into thinking the plane is landing near Bondi though.

I would definitely target Daniel Saifiti. Looking at his profile and stats, he's actually had one of his better seasons. Yes, you would not want to break the bank for him, but he's a decent quality prop and webby could still get at least 4 or 5 years out of him.

Upside is he has a good mate here in Barnett, and hopefully, his brother follows. I would let go of Bunty and Jazz for the pair of them, or Curran Bunty, and Ford, and keep jazz?

8 A F B
10 D Saifiti
11 M Barnett
12 M Niukore
13 T Harris

14 C H Tavita
15 J Saifiti
16 J Curran /J Tavaga
17 D Walker

No way, didn’t see Iro in cup team of the year.
Leiataua’s one of the best talents coming through also he’s 19 and iro’s 24
Fairly sure Kayal won NSW Cup player last year so he can't be half bad. I wouldn't replace him for Ali though. Ali has the right attitude and loads of talent. Still needs to work on his defense but then nearly every 20 year still needs to work on defense.

Siro leaving and if Metcalf wants to go maybe we can chip in half of Saifiti’s salary? Let a Ford or Curran go?

AFB/Saifiti/Egan/Marata/Curran/Tohu

CHT/Walker/Barnett/Jazz

Afoa, Ale, Sifakula, a couple of juniors

Pretty gun foundation to challenge top 2?

Does anyone think Jazz is done?
He looked great in our average teams in the past, but now, in a much stronger pack he really didn’t look great this year.

Missed most the season, never really got up to full speed.

Having said that I hate all the CHT, Walker, Jazz bench suggestions. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Back