Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Top 6

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Top 8

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Beastmode

Contributor
What’s a fair goal for this team next year?

I realise everyone was disappointed we lost the PF, but honestly the goal in my books was top 8. To achieve Top 4 and PF? Massive overachievement

So what’s a satisfactory pass for next year? I think min top 6 with a home finals will be a pass in my books

We have the squad to repeat again but we’re still lacking the missing ingredient- speed, to get us up another level Into a GF.

Went for Top 6.

There's too much randomness in what gets a team Top 4 - the Draw that comes out in November, the chances your team gets one or more senior/vital player injured or retired mid season, your team getting players withdrawn for games because they've been judged Origin-worthy (I really hope we have that happen in 2024!) etc and how the team reacts to those things.

Let's not get too cock-a-hoop about the Webbalution (or however we're spelling it!:)) and think that Top 4 is The Expectation. Top 8 is certainly now, given what 2023's team have shown, much more an expectation than a hope. I don't think the Warriors have a Cowboys or Eels "Top 8 One Year, Bottom 9 Next Year" in them....

Was thinking about this, to give us the best chance possible we would need to place 1 or 2.

Then we could get a Prelim home final which would be massive. Have to place at least Top 4 next year, our GF window with Johnson and Harris is only a couple of years max.

Focus on and improve our defence and discipline. We also need to beat the top teams next year to have any chance of winning the grand final. The ladder position will determine itself if we get those things right.

progress isnt linear, Eels made the GF then missed the 8.. did we over perform this season? or did webby actually find these players true worth.. lets see, i want a top 4 finish again but realistically the expectations should be tp6 minimum. would imagine the roosters, souths, eels and cowboys all wont be as bad again making it more competitive...

Finals minimum, Top 4 medium goal, Premiership the ultimate goal.
Just don’t want this season the be a flash in the pan and it’s likely SJs last stint and with him goes our realistic chance unless this year unearths a Hail Mary

The goal should always be to win the premiership regardless of reality. If your squad is limited or injured or whatever, you still want to do what you can to win as many games as possible.

Like a fighter wanting to he a UFC champ or a wrestler wanting to be a WWE champ or a runner wanting to be an Olympic medallist. It might never happen but is one of the main reasons for doing what you do.

Man, it's really sad no longer seeing my Warriors to win the premiership bet in my "pending" list on TAB.
Gave me so much comfort over the last 7 months 😪

The main goal will be to build on this year and maintain consistency. A lot of clubs have a year similar to ours and fall away. A few this year that have typically been in the top 8 or top 4 will want to improve from a disappointing 2023. A few like us this year will want to improve from the cellar.

We took a lot of teams by surprise this year.

The challenge is to follow up this year even with all of the other clubs planning to improve.

The aim should be the top 4 again and as the season gets closer to the finals we could get a top 2 if results go our way. If we get a bad run of injuries then the expectations can be adjusted.

We have had good years in the past where the next season didn't meet expectations and fell off a cliff.
2003 --> 2004
2011 --> 2012
2018 --> 2019

We have recruited better than 2004, we don't have a new coach this year (2012) and hopefully won't piss off our halfback over the off-season (2019). So hopefully a nice quiet off-season where they do a lot of hard work, build on this season, followed by a consistent 2024.

You have Roger back in SJ’s potential farewell tour, they need to go all in on another prop or work someone into that position, fix this year’s issues, expand a bit of jungle ball on top of our system, and aim for the title with the goodwill from normies, media and the country

ANZAC game/period and post bye performances could be the difference between us getting top 4 or to 2

Earlier in the year on a late Thursday evening in April, I was knee deep in Waikato draft at the local sports bar. One of the boys tapped me on the shoulder and showed me his phone; it was a news article stating that RTS had re-signed with the Warriors.

I drunkenly messaged all the boys chats declaring "Mark my words!!11 Next years our year!!!!11111"

That's the goal!

Gonna be a dry balls and talk reality here.

Next year their goal will be to win the game that is in front of them, and that is all.

Setting yourself up to fail looks exactly like coming out at the start of the season and declaring our goal is top four, or winning the competition.

Winning the NRL is a non goal, it is a separate conversation, every club plays to win the NRL, saying that is your goal is meaningless, it is like me saying I want to be an astronaut (couldn't even spell it without spell check).

As we saw in the final rounds you make a call on whether you rest people or go all out for one spot higher (top two).

The club staff will want to at least do as well as they did this year, but they won't be throwing it around the players heads to add pressure to them during a competition that is a marathon, not a sprint, game by game, mile by mile, twenty six miles, twenty six rounds (well that metaphor used to work, not my fault the Dolphins messed it up).

Start of the year the goal will be to win more than we lose in the first six rounds and improve our combos, settle on selections, but most of all build up our defence.

As a fan, I just want to see them make the eight, that is step one in a long term finals side, every year, never miss the finals.