Post Match 2023 Broncos vs Warriors - Week 3 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, it was a bit of a mess. As it was caused by Carrigan the correct thing to do would have been to stop the clock and allow Harris to get back up and square at marker. Carrigan didn't win the right to a quick play the ball by ragdolling Harris. A small thing in the full context of the game but still frustrating when points were scored so soon afterwards.
lol whut? Carrigan ragdolled him off him. If Tohu was physically dominant in the tackle that would have been impossible.

I think people forget the spirit of the game sometimes.

The 10pm kickoff needs to be looked at. We need the kids watching the game if we want to challenge union and get a second team. Just need to consistently make the finals. The Newcastle game was phenomenal and the nrl should be taking notice
The reason for the late game was also driven by money.

Australia has rules around gambling advertising they have small window to advertise gambling before an event.

So having the pre build up of experts talking about the game for an hour before gives them more opportunity to advertise the game before the event begins apparently.

I'll try find the article I was reading.

The reason for the late game was also driven by money.

Australia has rules around gambling advertising they have small window to advertise gambling before an event.

So having the pre build up of experts talking about the game for an hour before gives them more opportunity to advertise the game before the event begins apparently.

I'll try find the article I was reading.
Yet the MSS Knights Nzw game was at a sensible Nz time slot
If that broncos game has been played two hours earlier a different score line would apply
Half our players were falling asleep see comments about Tohu nodding off and having to go off briefly for a Milo.

That advert being put there is some kind of cruel joke.. 🙃

Screen Shot 2023-09-26 at 10.58.05 AM.png

No doubt we'll need to sort the ref thing before we can get over the top. We placed top 4 easily this year so the losing narrative should be done with. It was very easy to predict we'd get the shaft in both the Penrith and Broncos games, there was never a doubt. Yes they are better sides but they were allowed to lay in the ruck to the extreme in both games, which as mentioned in this thread adds up to a whole lot of other advantages with the quicker play the ball. Add that on top of the howlers literally always going against us in those games and it's insurmountable.

Same as the anzac game every year.

Saying shit like gotta take the refs out of it is farcical. Yes just be 50% better than the best teams in the NRL and the refs won't matter, idiotic. We need a level playing field against the best sides, and we need a strategy to achieve it.

Magaoidh

Grand Master​

As a long time souths supporter if that were true he has gone to easts,that would be the end of the game for me because it would show how corrupt the game now is.for what its worth imy gut feeling is he is gone i think it would have anounced if he were staying
Mate think about the Wozzas and Broncos game,turning point was that farcical try with not one but two forward passes being invisible to the officials.
An opportunity to advance the game in NZ blown by incompetence or corruption!
Unbelievable!

Good to see other clubs defending us. This was on the rabbits forum, totally agree with the poster.

After watching last nights game I have come to the conclusion we need to change some players for next year.
Pompey has to go. TMM was of no use at all on attack. As good as Montoya has been, he is to slow. Berry is not making any breaks on attack.
Hopefully next year Metcalf is somewhere. We need young Ali to come good with a preseason. Barnett is not a line bending prop(starting).
Lastly lets introduce some variation, maybe having a decent No6 will help that.
I get where you are coming from but other than Barnett those are all backs. We lost that game up the middle and Barnett was about the only forward getting any kind of domination in the tackle (not enough but more than anyone else)

Most encouraging thing from this game for me was the way we got our points. We’ve been doing that move in our first try in heaps of times, it’s a good team that can execute even when the opposition knows what’s coming. DWZ Is valuable, just needs to stay wide or make the tackle if he’s going to come in.

No doubt we'll need to sort the ref thing before we can get over the top. We placed top 4 easily this year so the losing narrative should be done with. It was very easy to predict we'd get the shaft in both the Penrith and Broncos games, there was never a doubt. Yes they are better sides but they were allowed to lay in the ruck to the extreme in both games, which as mentioned in this thread adds up to a whole lot of other advantages with the quicker play the ball. Add that on top of the howlers literally always going against us in those games and it's insurmountable.

Same as the anzac game every year.

Saying shit like gotta take the refs out of it is farcical. Yes just be 50% better than the best teams in the NRL and the refs won't matter, idiotic. We need a level playing field against the best sides, and we need a strategy to achieve it.

Surely you’re not suggesting ref unconscious bias are you?…..

Yes they are better sides but they were allowed to lay in the ruck to the extreme in both games, which as mentioned in this thread adds up to a whole lot of other advantages with the quicker play the ball.
Yet we had the quicker play the ball speed against the Broncs.

Dont buy into this narrative the ref cost us the middle battle at all (thankfully neither does Webster) we missed too many tackles, couldnt wrap up the ball, and made errors at the wrong parts of the field, which allowed Haas, Fledger and Carrigan to dominate.

We showed twice when we managed to get in their red zone we could open up their defence with our patented attacking shapes........problem was we didnt give ourselves enough oppertunity by getting to those parts of the field enough.

Honestly i know those forward passes were incompetence at it absolute worst but using the ref narrative thing why we lost does us absolutely no favours at all. If we want to keep on this progression of improvement and go that next step further we need to identify the real reasons for performance.

Its been Websters mantra the whole season. he says it pretty much every week when questioned about refs in the after matches. It amuses me fans who profess to buy into the "Webology" must just block this bit out.

Last edited:
Yet we had the quicker play the ball speed against the Broncs.

Dont buy into this narrative the ref cost us the middle battle at all (thankfully neither does Webster) we missed too many tackles and made errors at the wrong parts of the field, which allowed Haas, Fledger and Carrigan to dominate.

We showed twice when we managed to get in their red zone we could open up their defence with our patented attacking shapes........problem was we didnt give ourselves enough oppertunity by getting to those parts of the field enough.

Honestly i know those forward passes were incompetence at it absolute worst but using the ref narrative thing why we lost does us absolutely no favours at all. If we want to keep on this progression of improvement and go that next step further we need to identify the real reasons for performance.

Its been Websters mantra the whole season. he says it pretty much every week when questioned about refs in the after matches. It amuses me fans who profess to buy into the "Webology" must just block this bit out.
As iv been saying defence and discipline.

[/QUOTE]
Missed all the posts I call him a legend, a warrior, and with the heart of lion?

I criticised AFB, but none of the other forwards are our ball playing lock.

Kiwis be mad sensitive these days.
No, haven't missed the positive, like everything on here the positive comments are great and generally criticism is constructive, so no worries here mate!
It was the hyperbole that got me, "50% of the time". Its a wonder he has a career! 😆
To be fair, I know the 50% was a kind of throw-away bit...or was it 👀

Saying shit like gotta take the refs out of it is farcical.
he cannot say anything else in public, but they file a match report and I doubt he would hold back there. I would love to read some of Ricky Stuarts!!!

Back